Old December 19th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tony Rickard

Default My new alfa.. boot problem....

topgooner71 wrote:

> Also very strange is that the alfa badge on the boot seems not to spin
> around to show the keyhole.. It is just stuck in place...

Models with remote boot opening do not have key operated locks like the
the slightly older Alfas AFAIK.

My wife's 147 requires you to be closer to the car to operate the boot
button than the remote central locking, but I would guess you have tried
this?

I did have a button collapse on my 156 remote. I couldn't turn off the
alarm, whilst I could use the key to open the door the alarm went off
and the car was immobilised. The button felt like it was unconnected. I
had to get the wife to bring the spare key, she was really pleased! The
key fob was replaced under warranty.

Cheers
Tony