Old June 1st 04, 02:11 AM
David Wahl

Michael Gaskins wrote:

> Hi. I've currently got a device wired up to a toggle switch in my '98
> Mustang. Right now, I've got it wired right to the battery, so if I
> forget to turn the switch off, naturally it drains the battery
> (something I don't want to do). I was wondering: does anyone make a
> switch (always-on or toggle) that will only send power when it
> receives a signal from the ignition. I'd rather it be setup this way,
> but I'm currently unable to find a suitable switch. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

I dont know if it would work in your car, but I had the same predicament
as you with my stereo amplifier and I just wired it to the cigarette
lighter circuit. Works perfect since that circuit is only active when
the ignition is on. It's in an 85 RX-7. I know in some ford models the
cigarette lighter circuit is always active, but it may be worth checking
out.

David