Old January 13th 18, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default '02 300M "HomeLink" feature seems to be fading.

On 12/29/2017 09:18 AM, MoPar Man wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>
>>> =================
>>> The EVIC may be going bad. You can pick them up for like $20-30
>>> shipped from the Facebook group 300M Intrepid Concorde LHS LH Parts
>>> For Sale - Wanted - Trade (at
>>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/156286451246784/ ) so if it's bad
>>> it's cheap and if not you can re-sell it for only the cost of
>>> shipping and the 5 mins it takes to swap it.
>>> ==================

>> I ran the car back about 20ft. from the garage door and was able to
>> close the door using the HomeLink button but then could not open it
>> again even when the car was almost touching the garage door. I did
>> power down the opener and powered it up again, but that didn't make
>> any difference.
>>
>> I don't see any EVIC modules listed on that FB group. Is it just a
>> matter of asking?

> I don't ever go to Fecebook (I have all fecebook hosts/domains blocked
> in my HOSTS file) so I can't say what they're all about.
>
> But if you go to ebay and search for EVIC 300m you'll see a few dozen
> for sale.Â* Apparently they were the same units for some Jeeps too?
>
> Prices are from $30 to $100.Â* I'd pick one up from ebay if I were you -
> the cheapest that looks like the right one.
>
> Also ->Â* Note this.
>
> Some have suggested that the type of lights you have installed in the
> garage door motor unit will affect reception - although I would think it
> would affect the unit's remote button as well as the Homelink radio.
>
> Try removing the lights and see if you get your range back.Â* The idea is
> Â*that incandecsent bulbs cause little or no interference, but CFL's and
> LED's can (or do).

I've got regular incandescent bulbs in the garage door opener.

But now it seems as though the problem might be temperature related: a
couple of days ago we had much higher temperatures, and the HomeLink
thing seemed to work much better.

Perce