Old September 26th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

Default time to replace the tires on the 98.5 A4Q 2.8

On Sep 25, 7:40 pm, KLS > wrote:
> I really need to put new sneakers on my 98.5 A4Q this week if
> possible, and I'm not sure which all-season tires to buy. I'm in
> western New York, on Lake Ontario, and have sold my extra rims so I
> won't be running winter tires this year (not sure how much longer I'll
> keep the car). Can folks recommend good all-season tires that won't
> wipe out in more than light snow? The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred
> is getting great reviews on TireRack, and I know the Subie folks love
> those, but I'm also interested in other possibilities. I was
> considering the Kumho Solus KH16, but the reviews for snow and ice
> performance aren't as good as for the Goodyear. Looking forward to
> the collective wisdom.

I bought a new set of Sumitomo HTR+ tires this past summer. Replacing
the OEM tires with the same thing (Michelin Pilot Sport) was just too
expensive at $200+ per tire. These were under $100 each and have
pretty good ratings overall. I find them a little 'softer' handling
than the Michelins, but this isn't a track car. They have a pretty
aggressive tread design that looks like it will work well in snow -
they are excellent in rain.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA