Old September 2nd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Default 89 YJ failed smog!

Steve,

High octane gas burns slower and colder than the gasoline you are supposed
to be using therefore creating more pollution (especially hydrocarbons).

Make sure you run the vehicle hard before the test so the engine is fully
heated up.

It probably wouldn't hurt to run a can of Techron, BG44, SeaFoam, or
Berrymans into that tank of high-test you have there, just make sure you run
that tank as close to empty as you dare before refilling it with regular.

You may want to get a can of GumOut Jet Spray and give the carb a thorough
cleaning.

New sparkplugs are probably not necessary but it wouldn't hurt to pull them
and give then a good look to see it there is any indication of a misfire.

Let us know..

ups.com...