Old March 24th 14, 08:57 PM posted to misc.legal,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default What is the process to have an illegal STOP sign removed?

On 03/15/2014 09:26 PM, Arif Khokar wrote:

> On 03/15/2014 11:39 PM, T0m $herman wrote:
>> On 3/12/2014 8:12 PM, Arif Khokar wrote:

>>> You just explained why having a 4-way stop intersection is one of the
>>> most stupid and idiotic way to handle traffic at lightly traveled
>>> intersections. It makes far more sense to designated one road as the
>>> minor one and post yield signs for that road only at the intersection.

>> Better than a four-way stop on roads with significant traffic. Until a
>> couple of years ago, this was a 4-way stop, and even with light (by
>> California standards), traffic on the 4-lane road would back way up
>> during commuting hours.
>>
>> <https://goo.gl/maps/yzf5i>

> A roundabout would have made far more sense if the traffic volumes on
> the two roads were roughly equal.

We have a couple of 4-way-stop+roundabout intersections here. Maximize
the stupidity. They do it for "traffic calming", not efficiency. Every
time I hear about "traffic calming" I have more sympathy for the guy who
takes a barrel of oil out to an open field and sets it on fire just to
protest.

I know, not strictly relevant, but the only way to protest stupid
traffic decisions is with a shotgun.

--
Cheers, Bev
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.