Old May 12th 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default have we any AURA owners here?

On Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:41:15 PM UTC-7, mack wrote:
> "Box134" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:30:08 -0700, mack wrote:
> >
> >> If we do, what's your opinion of your automobile?

> > I looked inside one this morning at the dealership. I was wondering how
> > good they were myself.
> >
> > This is what CR says about it: ( I hope it doesn't wrap the lines in some
> > unreadable fashion.) CR isn't keen on it, but OTOH they didn't like the
> > SL2
> > and I'm still driving one.
> >
> > Road Test

> The XR has heavier steering with less body lean.
> > Both have a wide 42-foot turning circle and the XR's steering requires a
> > lot of effort to park.

> Doggone....that about kills it for me. I swore when I rented a Buick Le
> Sabre once that I would never own one, due to its turning radius, which was
> akin to a small battleship. Why a 42 foot turning circle for a medium
> size car? My 2003 Avalon is only 37 feet, and it's considered a large car.
>
> Thanks for the input, gentlemen!

The Avalon doesn't have the 112.3" wheelbase of the Aura, which is only 1.8 inches off the Ford Crown Victoria; a car 2 feet longer overall. I can say for certain and from personal experience you wish that Avalon rode like My Aura XR. The turning radius of 40' has never been an issue in the likes of typical U turn in my track of homes or on the public streets.