Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: FBNE[_2_]
Forum: Corvette July 11th 12, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 alternator question

On 7/10/2012 3:42 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I had to replace the alternator on my 2001 and discovered...
Forum: Corvette July 10th 12, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 alternator question

I had to replace the alternator on my 2001 and discovered there are two
versions of alternator. One for auto trans and one for manual. The AT
alternator has a clutch, the MT does not. Basically,...
Forum: Corvette June 9th 12, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 DTC codes

On 6/9/2012 9:33 AM, Suttura wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have owned 3 weeks C5 2000.
> I have reset all codes, but those comes up after resetting.
>
> 10PCM P0410 C P0650 HC
> 40BCM B0502 HC B0507 HC
> 99HVAC...
Forum: Corvette April 3rd 12, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
2001 C5 Sudden headlight motors fail

Solved! Fuse # 6 in the interior fuse panel was blown. It is the
PK/T/LP fuse. Once I installed the new 10amp everything was normal
again. The fuse looked good to the naked eye but showed a...
Forum: Corvette April 2nd 12, 03:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
2001 C5 Sudden headlight motors fail

Dad, You have any experience with both headlight motors fail to cycle at
once? I replaced a burned out running light on the pax side, I ran the
lights open to remove the headlight box and get to...
Forum: Corvette January 8th 12, 04:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Common ground C5?

On 1/7/2012 6:13 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
> snip
>>>
>>> Try this guy if all else fails, some of the...
Forum: Corvette January 7th 12, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Common ground C5?

On 1/7/2012 10:00 AM, Dad wrote:
> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> On 1/6/2012 2:18 PM, Bob I wrote:
>>> Step 2 - after ABS...
Forum: Corvette January 7th 12, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Common ground C5?

On 1/6/2012 2:18 PM, Bob I wrote:
> Step 2 - after ABS running ABS Diagnostic is check EBCM and PCM grounds
> for good connection and
> Step 3 is Check for intermittant wiring connections.
>
> On...
Forum: Corvette October 20th 11, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 windows problem

On 10/11/2011 5:56 PM, FBNE wrote:
> Seems like I must have hit the magical mileage mark that requires things
> to be replaced. The driver window has started to hang on lowering. If I
> run it back...
Forum: Corvette October 12th 11, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 windows problem

Seems like I must have hit the magical mileage mark that requires things
to be replaced. The driver window has started to hang on lowering. If I
run it back up an inch, it will lower another 6"...
Forum: Corvette September 4th 11, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 10
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
ABS and Anti Sked Warnings

On 8/24/2011 12:37 PM, aRKay wrote:
> While doing nothing special the ABS and Anti Sked warnings came on the
> DIC in my 2001 C5 Coupe.
>
> I tried to clear then using the RESET and that did not...
Forum: Corvette August 16th 11, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 headlight out of sequence

My 2001 just started a headlight position problem. It cycles normally,
but then winds up with the lid about 1" above where it should stop. It
looks like it cycles and then runs that extra little...
Forum: Corvette May 9th 11, 05:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
TPS C5

On 5/6/2011 9:56 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I am starting to see some false readings on a tire...
Forum: Corvette May 7th 11, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
TPS C5

I am starting to see some false readings on a tire pressure sensor. My
C5 is a 2001 and I have replaced the tires three times in 60K and not
replaced the TPS units. How long do these little devils...
Forum: Corvette February 19th 11, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
New fluid leak

On 2/6/2011 6:53 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> On 2/5/2011 7:56 PM, Dad wrote:
>>>
>>> "FBNE"...
Forum: Corvette February 6th 11, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
New fluid leak

On 2/5/2011 7:56 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I have a 2001 with 68K. It has suddenly started to drip...
Forum: Corvette February 6th 11, 03:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
New fluid leak

On 2/5/2011 7:56 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I have a 2001 with 68K. It has suddenly started to drip...
Forum: Corvette February 6th 11, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
New fluid leak

I have a 2001 with 68K. It has suddenly started to drip fluid near the
differential, dead center on the floor. The fluid looks and feels much
like power steering fluid, no color at all, but oily...
Forum: Corvette December 17th 10, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 headlights -

On 12/16/2010 10:30 AM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the...
Forum: Corvette December 14th 10, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 headlights -

Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on my
C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 10, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 normal trans temps

On 8/5/2010 5:15 PM, Bob I wrote:
> Automatics are usually cooled by running the tranny fluid through a coil
> in the radiator. So it sounds like the antifreeze was heating up quick
> and hadn't...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 10, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
C5 normal trans temps

I was bored in traffic today and scrolled through the displays. I showed
a trans temp at 218 and the engine temp at 229. The OAT was reading
108, probably closer to 103 real world. What is the...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Electrical whine -C5

Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
> Snip- - Cut to the serious side.......
>> Okay you got me there on the XM. I...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 09, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Electrical whine -C5

Dad wrote:
> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I have a new whine in the car, sounds electrical. The alternator is
>> still...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 09, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By FBNE[_2_]
Electrical whine -C5

I have a new whine in the car, sounds electrical. The alternator is
still putting out ~13.5 to 14 volts under load at fast idle. I can't
tell if it is coming through the speakers or not, doesn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29