Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: LG[_2_]
Forum: VW water cooled November 17th 14, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LG[_2_]
CEL on Particle Filter

$5k is too high. The parts should be less than $1200 for genuine parts. I
don’t see $3800 in labor. Did they give you a breakdown?

wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled November 13th 14, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LG[_2_]
CEL on Particle Filter

It is not advertised much, but the particulate filter is a wear item,
expected to need replacement at around 100k.

wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 14, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By LG[_2_]
symptoms of a VW Jetta daylights come on in the off position switch

That sounds more like a driver door latch issue. Does your interior lights
come on and off with the door? Especially the one in the door.

"Debbie" wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled March 11th 14, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By LG[_2_]
VW Golf 2.5L

VW needs more engines with turbos. More parts to fail.

"Robert Lanai" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

Any ideas why VW stopped making the Golf 2.5 for the Mark...
Forum: VW water cooled November 11th 13, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By LG[_2_]
Have radio code, need more...

To reset the safe mode you need to leave the ignition turned on for about an
hour.
For your other question, you absolutely can put an after-market radio in
without causing
any problems IF it is...
Forum: VW water cooled August 12th 13, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By LG[_2_]
Fuel tank ventilation valve replacement cost?

The 4-mo cars have a ton of hoses on top of the tank that can leak just like
your car does. The only way to verify EXACTLY what is leaking is to drop the
tank. Bad times.

"S" wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled May 6th 13, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By LG[_2_]
Gasoline odor

"Bill Leary" wrote in message

"Ted Neffer" wrote in message
> On 06/05/13 01:37 PM,...
Forum: VW water cooled March 20th 13, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By LG[_2_]
if timing belt is sereaded does it damage the engine

Good point.

"PeterD" wrote in message ...

On 3/18/2013 3:56 PM, LG wrote:
> Most times a broken t-belt only requires a head rebuild. On occasion the
> pistons...
Forum: VW water cooled March 18th 13, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Bill Leary" wrote in message

"turtle" wrote in message
> the dealer said...
Forum: VW water cooled November 29th 12, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 17
Posted By LG[_2_]
how come new VW's appear to be junk?

Time is relative, man. ;)

"Bert" wrote in message

In ...
Forum: VW water cooled November 28th 12, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"fox93" wrote in message

On Friday, July 4, 2003 7:38:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> I know you people will probbly take...
Forum: VW water cooled November 26th 12, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By LG[_2_]
Anybody have anything to say about the Tiguan?

Adding unleaded to the new common rail TDIs is a good way to get a $5000
repair bill for a fuel system replacement. There are very tight tolerances
in the high pressure pump that require the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 16th 12, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By LG[_2_]
2006 Rabbit interior light

Driver door lock assembly. Goes bad all the time. You should also notice the
key in ignition with door open chime and the headlights left on with door
open chime no longer work.

"Jack" wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13