Showing results 1 to 25 of 130
Search took 2.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bret Ludwig
Forum: Chrysler March 4th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 17
Posted By Bret Ludwig
automatic door locks

> Voyager?
> > > The
Forum: Chrysler March 4th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Why I prefer old cars, to the late models.

They are easier to modify and improve.

Case in point: I'm driving my company's van and had a tailgator
issue. Now the fix for tailgating is a simple mod, you put a solenoid
on a tap from the...
Forum: 4x4 March 4th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 0
Posted By Bret Ludwig
NV4500 to Detroit: best way?

Surprisingly the vendors are like Sgt. Schultz on this one.
Forum: Jeep February 9th 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Bret Ludwig
The economics of propane

On Feb 8, 7:30 pm, "Spdloader" > wrote:
> How about these reasons:
>
> Availability of propane is slim, converting some vehicles over to run it is
> very costly, you are...
Forum: Jeep February 8th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Bret Ludwig
The economics of propane

Propane is getting VERY attractive as a motor fuel yet the general
tendency of US drivers is to stick their noses in the air over the
idea of propane vehicles. Why are Americans dense like this?
Forum: Chrysler February 8th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
E85: Can I use it?

On Feb 6, 2:06 pm, Steve > wrote:
> Bret Ludwig wrote:
> > Better yet get the books and build your own carb from parts because
> > the drag race carb will not be worth a **** for...
Forum: Chrysler February 8th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Five Ways To Read Your Body's Changes Before Pregnancy

On Jan 20, 5:22 pm, Nza > wrote:
> On Jan 20, 7:50 am, wrote:
>
> > What are the most unforgettable changes happen to your body when
> > pregnant?
>
> the most...
Forum: Chrysler February 8th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Engine fell apart at 59k mi - Why I will never buy anotherChrysler

On Feb 8, 4:45 am, Bill Putney > wrote:
> mike n wrote:
> > WOW! I was considering a Dodge Caliber, but will buy a new Subaru when the
> > 09 Forester hits the show rooms this spring...
Forum: Chrysler February 8th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Experience with Motorcraft Oil

> Brent - Are there oil pumps in cars that are not gear type? What
> specific changes have been made to give that result, and why were those
> particular changes done - most likely to imporve some...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Engine fell apart at 59k mi - Why I will never buy anotherChrysler

> Here is my $0.02 for what it's worth. Oil has 2 components - a lubricating
> component (ie: the oil) and a cleaning component (the detergent that
> neutralizes
> the sulfuric acid that forms...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Engine fell apart at 59k mi - Why I will never buy anotherChrysler

> And further, I can't agree with your decision to swear off Chrysler over
> this. If it were a commonly documented failure (like Toyota engines
> that lose oiling becuase they generate sludge...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Fix for peeling clear coat on 10-year old-minivan?

> However, a much better way IMHO is to get a couple rattle-cans of
> clearcoat spraypaint and mask the car and recoat the bad areas with more
> clear
> coat. Do several very light coats of clear...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 24, 9:49 am, Steve > wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Jan 22, 7:54 pm, "Road Runner" > wrote:
>
> >>carburetor with richer mixture,
>
> > I'm...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Bret Ludwig
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 22, 9:54 pm, "Road Runner" > wrote:
> Ethanol has less BTU than gasoline, therefore the more gasoline you replace
> with ethanol (E10, E85,etc) the less energy you...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Windsheild Washer Fluid Problems

Commercial windshield washer fluid is a ripoff. Buy straight methanol
and add about 40% water and a dash of Kodak Photo Flo. Methanol
(M100) sold at racing shops is under $4 a gallon now. The blue...
Forum: Chrysler February 6th 08, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Experience with Motorcraft Oil

General rule: All brand name oils are OK if you change them often
enough.

Specific heads up: The newest oils are not good for engines with non-
roller tappets and gear oil pumps.

Diesels need...
Forum: Jeep December 7th 07, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By Bret Ludwig
CJ with a diesel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZvHuLIwur4&NR=1
Forum: Chrysler October 2nd 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Bret Ludwig
"Diesel Car Digest"

Does anyone have copies of this late 70s/early 80s magazine??
Forum: Chrysler October 2nd 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Tailgating

From a blog that has some good stuff.
http://www.violentacres.com

But I have a better idea. Get a solenoid valve and tap it into the
automatic transmission cooler line and out to the exhaust...
Forum: Driving April 5th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics.immigration
Replies: 23
Posted By Bret Ludwig
TO SPEEDERS AND DRUNK DRIVERS ARE MURDERERS

On Apr 4, 7:17 pm, "Larry Bud" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 11:20 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>
> > wrote:
> > kia wrote:
> > > Can you PLEASE OH...
Forum: Jeep March 18th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Inappropriate use of Jeep name?

> I subscribe to this groupo because we are now retired , in the Sierra
> Nevada, with two Jeeps.
>
> But I once owned Jaguars, XK-140 and E-Type and went around Laguna Seca, and
> was passed,...
Forum: Jeep March 18th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Inappropriate use of Jeep name?

On Mar 18, 12:53 am, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" >
wrote:
> You mean the rest of the world where Ford stomped Ferrari, one, two,
> three in '65...
Forum: Jeep March 18th 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Inappropriate use of Jeep name?

On Mar 11, 9:36 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" >
wrote:
> http://www.challengevideos.com/
> God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
Forum: Jeep March 10th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Inappropriate use of Jeep name?

http://www.amphijeep.biz/
Forum: Jeep March 9th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 54
Posted By Bret Ludwig
Novak has pulled their heads out-a little