Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Minto
Forum: Mazda October 4th 11, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By Brian Minto
215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

I have the 195/45R16 on 7 inch wheels. They really are good in dry. They are
not so good in wet, really poor in snow and lousy on ice. At least one tire
has a rather large vibration that the...
Forum: Mazda September 13th 11, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Minto
99 Miata Radiator Cooling Fan Relay?

Under the hood and right behind the driver's side headlight, there is an
erect black plastic panel with 3 mounting holes. The front hole mounts the
headlight relay. The middle hole holds the...
Forum: Mazda May 4th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By Brian Minto
215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

I installed 195/45-16's on my 1999 miata on 16x7 enkei wheels and found them
to be more noisy and rough riding than I expected but their wet and dry
traction is very good. They are absolutely useless...
Forum: Mazda January 18th 11, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Minto
air bag light 1990 Miata

Disconnect the battery and fully charge it. The number of flashes does
reveal a coded fault message but it usually stems from low battery rather
than actually faulty airbag.

Brian Minto

"Mac"...
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 11, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By Brian Minto
Thinking about an NB

I had a 1994 M-Spec miata that was stolen and destroyed in July 2010. This
particular '94 miata was a rare and peculiar version of NA that was a
factory higher performance model that rode very...
Forum: Mazda November 20th 10, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian Minto
Hard Dog Door Bars

Has anyone installed the hard dog door bars (made by Bethania Garage) in an
NB model? The bars appear to be nicely made and I would expect that they fit
NA models quite well due to the simple shape...
Forum: Mazda December 5th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Minto
Happy Thanksgiving! (yesterday) Also, thanks to Brian M.

You are welcome, Pat. I am glad that I could help. Diagnostics can be hard,
particularly with symptoms that can have several causes either working alone
or together. (That kinda sounds like...
Forum: Mazda October 28th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By Brian Minto
cold idle and mpg

Be sure to use a cleaner that specifies that it is compatible with sensors
(about $6), not carb or FI cleaner. I need to clean the MAS sensor wire in
my 2001 Toyota Corolla twice per year to avoid...
Forum: Mazda October 27th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By Brian Minto
cold idle and mpg

In a separate email directly to peter, I sent him a jpg image (pretty large
file size but easy to read) of page from Haynes repair manual regarding
miata Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor which...
Forum: Mazda March 21st 09, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Minto
shaking little 90

Turn the idle up about 50 rpm and/or clean the thottle body with a
spray-type throttle body cleaner. Automatic transmission need to idle faster
than the manual transmission cars for several...
Forum: Mazda December 19th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Minto
Coilover spring rates

I am not trying to "maximize performance". You may notice that I used the
word "compromise". I use AFCO coils on all four corners already. For
example, I have had a set of Eibach 350's and I have...
Forum: Mazda December 9th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Minto
Coilover spring rates

I have had AGX shocks (two sets - one for springs and one for Ground Control
coilovers) on my '94 miata for several years and I like their adjustability.
However, I am still looking for the best...
Forum: Mazda August 27th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Minto
Slightly off topic

Rather common and usually pretty easy to fix. Pick up a spray can of
throttle cleaner at parts store and follow the directions on the can. A
small amount of dirty or oily residue/gunk in the...
Forum: Mazda June 9th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By Brian Minto
Any experience with hail damage repair?

I had pretty serious hail damage to my '94 m-spec that was repaired by local
shop (Calgary, Alberta, Canada - probably the hail capital of the world)
for $2700 (no deductible) about 2 years ago....
Forum: Mazda April 14th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Minto
LOUD NOISE

I had a squeal and/or a howling noise when I started my '94 miata. The noise
was embarassingly loud and lasted several minutes. I did two things at the
same time and the noise has totally gone, but...
Forum: Mazda February 15th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Minto
Daytime Running Lights

John, In my '94 car the module was just above and behind the brake pedal. It
plugged into a provided connector in the wiring harness and the module
attached to the firewall with a screw. The extra...
Forum: Mazda February 15th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Minto
Daytime Running Lights

Thankfully I DID receive one useful reply by contacting this group, so I
replaced my module and they are working just fine. The gentleman responded
to the
question by email. I found it interesting...
Forum: Mazda February 13th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Minto
Daytime Running Lights

My 1994 miata daytime running light module quit awhile back, so I bought
another one from the dealer. I suspect that in the intervening years they
either changed the module color or came up with...
Forum: Mazda September 19th 07, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian Minto
How to check if I have Torsen LSD

No, I bought it used. It had been advertised a few times on the online
version of a BuySell newspaper here in Canada. I assumed that it was not
selling because of the automatic transmission....
Forum: Mazda September 18th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian Minto
How to check if I have Torsen LSD

Rather simple. I looked in the oil fill plug hole when I changed the diff
oil to RedLine shortly after buying the car. The torsen centre unit looks
much different than the open unit. Open diffs...
Forum: Mazda September 15th 07, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian Minto
How to check if I have Torsen LSD

My car a 1994 miata m-spec with an automatic transmission and power
everything. It DOES have a torsen differential and I can guarantee that it
is OEM.

"Lanny Chambers" >...
Forum: Mazda August 27th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Minto
winter driving

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We get very little snow compared to
Ohio. We get an inch or two at a time and it comes and goes, leaving quite a
bit of ice. The residential streets here are not...
Forum: Mazda August 27th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Minto
A/C Clutch Replacement

I had thought of that. From time to time, I have had the belt so scary tight
that I was feared for the bearings in the power steering pump ($600 new) and
the A/C compressor ($350 rebuilt). Those 2...
Forum: Mazda August 25th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Minto
A/C Clutch Replacement

The air conditioning clutch on my 1994 miata has begun screeching for a
minute or so after I start the car. The clutch is the piece hidden inside
and just behind the pulley assembly on the front of...
Forum: Mazda November 30th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian Minto
99 miata w/automatic

I own a 1994 m-spec, r-spec (somewhat rare) with automatic transmission. It
does have torsen differential. It goes really well - much faster than stock
1.6litre miatas even without using my nitrous...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27