Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
"Blueprinting" VW heads

>>Light the fire in ANY gasoline-fuel, spark-ignited engine and
the following 'combustion event' will take something like two
thousandths of a second REGARDLESS of your rpm<<<

Well, sorta. It will...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Bosch

No, I don't think we are "talking out our ass". You couldn't even figure
out what " ACVW through BB 1000 HP engines" meant. <g>

We average about 6 ACVW racing engines here a month. And probably...
Forum: VW air cooled April 2nd 09, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Bosch

There really isn't much to a plug. I am confused as to why you guys seem to
be having all the failures. (Especially right out of the box.) If it fails
out of the box, it was dropped and the seal is...
Forum: VW air cooled March 28th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
A ACVW on a 1000HP dyno.

What U-joints? And since it is a 1000HP dyno that we use for the V8's,, I
doubt the 100 to 150 lbs of torque a Vee is going to produce at best will
break anything. After about 50 runs it still...
Forum: VW air cooled February 28th 09, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
A ACVW on a 1000HP dyno.

How to take a pefectly good 1000+ HP Dyno and use it with a VW.
http://sracing.com/images/DYNO1.JPG

Console and Load Cell Room. Not shown- 600 Gallons of Load Cell Water, 2000
CFM Fans, Two 3...
Forum: VW air cooled February 6th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
VW powered generator

It would work great. They were very popular a few years ago. As a matter of
fact the 009 Distributor was designed specifically for industrial
applications with constant speed engines. 30 or 40 HP...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
VW Parts Supplier

We are a Race Car Parts supplier and one of our specialties is Formula Race
Cars. There are 2 major venues that race VW Formula Cars. Formula Vee and
Formula First.
The Vee is based upon the 64 era...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Question on brake pins

Depends upon the year. However, you can use the long pins on any of them on
the rear. If you use them as they are, they might rub the drum. So just put
a small washer(s) on the back side of the pin...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Start-up Wear

We sell 1qt Accusumps that are pefect for ACVW's. They are often used on
FV race cars.

In regards to stasrt-up being 90% of an engines wear; Garbage. That came
from an old STP? ad. THe FTC made...
Forum: VW air cooled October 10th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
more VW websites ...

Here is one for Formula Vee and Formula First Racing. Lots of parts that
are also used in stock or performance ACVW's

Jim
Forum: VW air cooled May 3rd 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
How long were ACVW's designed to last?

I can't imagine what your other cars are? 1971 Chevy Vega, 64 Corvair?

Jim
Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
oil pump wear

At the price of a new pump, it isn't worth spending more than 10 minutes
dealing with an old one.

Jim
SR Racing
Forum: VW air cooled October 13th 07, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
WTB Ball Joint Beams

We are looking for good new or used ball joint beams. Bare beams preferably.
If they have spindles we only want the short disc brake spindles.
We might also be interested in short rear axles and...
Forum: VW air cooled March 24th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
engine rebuild kit

We have one in stock.