Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Reed
Forum: Technology January 19th 12, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Reed
Kia cylinder numbering system

On 1/18/12 8:54 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 09:41 AM, Reed wrote:
>> On 1/17/12 5:46 PM, wrote:
>>> KIA 2008 Rondo 2.7 Liter V-6.
>>>
>>> Still trying to solve my P0302...
Forum: Technology January 18th 12, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Reed
Kia cylinder numbering system

(snip)

> Thanks again. BTW a third dealer's service dept. confirmed the same cylinder layout that you had illustrated. He (service mgr.) said it took him 4 hours on the KIA web site (all the...
Forum: Technology January 18th 12, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 1/17/12 5:46 PM, wrote:
> KIA 2008 Rondo 2.7 Liter V-6.
>
> Still trying to solve my P0302 (misfire cylinder 2) problem. Replaced the three easy spark plugs, erased the...
Forum: Technology November 19th 11, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Reed
Best way to remove vintage cell antenna

On 11/18/11 4:03 PM, Ed Treijs wrote:
> My new-to-me 1997 Saab has an equally vintage cellphone antenna on the
> hatch window. It's kind of cute in a yuppiesque way, but I'd prefer to
> remove it....
Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Reed
True Snow Tires Question

On 9/10/11 3:10 PM, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Live in New England, outside of Boston.
> So, get a fair amount of snow each winter, but not
> like Northern Maine, e.g.
>
> Daughter in Law has a 2011...
Forum: Technology September 4th 11, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ALT.COMP.HARDWARE
Replies: 8
Posted By Reed
hard drive in car raidio?

On 9/3/11 2:04 PM, micky wrote:

> Posted to rec.autos.tech and alt.comp.hardware.
>
> I was trying to look up info about a friend's car radio with usb
> input, and I came across these two pages,...
Forum: Technology April 7th 11, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By Reed
The $500 Prius car key....

<snip>

> The Q is: What to do.

Don't buy a late-model car. They are all about the same because of the
anti-theft features built in to these keys and remotes.

Just wait til you lose your last key...
Forum: Technology February 18th 11, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.subaru
Replies: 25
Posted By Reed
Interesting solution to an alignment problem

SNIP

> I used to have a Taurus that had a small red light with something that
> looked like a jack that you plugged into near the bottom of the dash.
> The light stayed on for 7 years and I never...
Forum: Technology January 16th 11, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Reed
Is there an on demand 4 wheel drive car (not truck or suv)?

On 1/15/11 11:40 AM, bob wrote:
> I like the sure footedness of an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, but
> where I live (seattle), I only need this a few days per year. The rest
> of the time, an all...
Forum: Technology December 5th 10, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Reed
Broken dipstick - 2001 Nissan Sentra

On 12/4/10 6:46 PM, iconlarry wrote:
> I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra and when I went to check the oil (the
> engine was giving off an oil smell) the dipstick which seems to be
> ceramic, broke off at...
Forum: Technology November 25th 10, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Reed
Code P 0335

On 11/25/10 8:23 AM, Grandma wrote:
> 2004 S10 Blazer 4.3L. Engine idles rough and when shifting the tach will
> suddenly jump to around 4000 RPM. The scanner retrieved code P0335. After
> replacing...
Forum: Technology June 3rd 10, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.auto.oldsmobile
Replies: 4
Posted By Reed
SES lite on, but no code stored - 94 Olds Ciera

Paul wrote:
> Reed wrote:
>> My 1994 Olds Ciera 3.1 lately has been setting the SES lite, but when
>> I check with my code reader, it shows No Codes Stored, either history
>> or current. I can...
Forum: Technology June 1st 10, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.auto.oldsmobile
Replies: 4
Posted By Reed
SES lite on, but no code stored - 94 Olds Ciera

My 1994 Olds Ciera 3.1 lately has been setting the SES lite, but when
I check with my code reader, it shows No Codes Stored, either history
or current. I can reset the lite with the reader, and it...
Forum: Technology January 25th 10, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Reed
My BMW headlight aim can't be adjusted and neither can my buddy's

Elmo wrote:
> Both my buddy and I simply can't adjust our $1000 BMW Hella H7 headlight
> aim.
>
> The Hella adjusters are easy to get too, two in each multiple-H7-bulb
> assembly, but the adjusters...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 10, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Reed
Windshield Visor.

wrote:
> The kind that mount outside above the windshield.I am thinking of buying
> one for my 1983 Dodge van.I didn't see any for sale in my new snail mail
> J.C.Whitney...
Forum: Technology November 29th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Reed
Turn signal problem

Steve W. wrote:
> Phil wrote:
>> Left t/s works front and rear. Right turn signal the flasher goes real fast,
>> and the right front doesn't flash, but the rear taillight light does.
>> Strange...
Forum: Technology November 16th 09, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Replies: 79
Posted By Reed
Brakes unable to stop runaway Lexus in California?

Ron Dargenio wrote:
> On Oct 2, 1:04�am, Adam > wrote:
>>> I wonder if they even tried to turn off the ignition at all. That is
>>> all that is needed to stop a runaway...
Forum: 4x4 April 9th 09, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 8
Posted By Reed
Rav 4x4 on the beach

Bruce Burden wrote:
> wrote:
> :
> : Can the 2009 Rav 4 handle some light beach driving so that I may do
> : some surf fishing?
> :
> Yes, with caveats. Realize that very...
Forum: 4x4 February 1st 09, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 3
Posted By Reed
4wd not working!

wildman7718 wrote:
> I have a 96 S-10 with the zr2 off road package that I use to plow
> snow. Recently after attempting to plow a 13" snowfall, I realized my
> 4wd is not working. I traced down...
Forum: 4x4 February 1st 09, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 2
Posted By Reed
timing for a 75 jeep cj with a 304 v-8

wrote:
> I live in a very rural area and I am trying to set the timing on my
> jeep. The local parts store does not have the right book. I would
> really appreciate any...
Forum: 4x4 August 9th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 2
Posted By Reed
97 Chevy S10 4wh H not engageing

Verizon newsgroup wrote:
> I had my truck inspected & they had to replace the Idler arm. Ever
> since my 4wh H (electronic engage) clicks when I hit the button but will
> not engage. Also, I have...
Forum: 4x4 March 1st 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 6
Posted By Reed
AWD vs 4WD?

ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone give me a functional difference between
> "All Wheel Drive" and "Four Wheel Drive", other than AWD
> won't ruin your drive train on a smooth road? ...
Forum: 4x4 March 31st 07, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 3
Posted By Reed
88 S10 Blazer 4.3 stumbles then dies

hotbloodsx3 wrote:
> Hi does anyone have any suggestions, initially it takes a couple of cranks
> then it starts & runs fine until idle change, then engine surges then
> dies. If you try to rev it...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23