Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SilverStude
Forum: Driving March 19th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.law-enforcement.traffic,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.autos
Replies: 82
Posted By SilverStude
Why don't American drivers drive like Europeans?

C. E. White wrote:
> "SilverStude" > wrote in message
>
>> I didn't read all the preceding stuff, but IMO, Germany and Italy have the...
Forum: Driving March 18th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.law-enforcement.traffic,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.autos

Studemania wrote:
> On Mar 17, 7:41 am, Eeyore >
> wrote:
>> Gus wrote:
>>> It's so obvious to anyone that has been to Europe that these people and
>>> you have...
Forum: Technology October 30th 06, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Replies: 16
Posted By SilverStude
best anti-RF ignition wiring TYPE

63Avanti wrote:
> best anti-RF ignition wiring TYPE
>
> background:
> I am getting my vintage AM/FM Delco reconditioned with the intent of
> getting that "cruis'n feeling" I will also add...
Forum: General October 6th 06, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By SilverStude
Do gas stations really water down their gas?

DentShop wrote:
> I was just wondering if gas stations really do water their gas down to
> make more money. I was told by my father and step-mother that Shell and
> various other smaller gas stations...
Forum: General September 26th 06, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By SilverStude
Stroke vs Bore for a Given Displacement?

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding stroke vs bore for a given displacement. I
> think that having a larger bore and shorter stroke will create larger
> low end torque vs...
Forum: General August 29th 06, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By SilverStude
Looking at a Totaled out 03 Pathfinder

Fatdaddys wrote:
> This is at a body shop down the road. It is a 03 Pathfinder LE loaded with
> everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away.
> This car took a hit on the driver side. It took out...
Forum: Corvette August 24th 06, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By SilverStude
Fibreglass problem

Tom in Missouri wrote:
> This is very interesting, since the reason most old car people began to use
> the DOT 5 silicone brake fluid was the safety of using it around car
> finishes.
>
> This is...
Forum: Corvette August 22nd 06, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By SilverStude
Fibreglass problem

Redbull wrote:
> It will always come back..there is no solution except to replace the
> panels....been there done that...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be cost prohibitive to replace the panels... and...
Forum: Corvette August 22nd 06, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By SilverStude
Fibreglass problem

Redbull wrote:
> There is No solution to your problem..once you get that silicone brake
> fluid on fiberglass it's all over... Silicon fluid has ruined hundreds
> of paint jobs and much...
Forum: Corvette August 22nd 06, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By SilverStude
Fibreglass problem

robrjt wrote:
> use a two part epoxy primer.
> SilverStude wrote:
>> A couple years after painting this car in the late 90's, blisters
>> started to appear on the DS fender. The problem got so bad...
Forum: Corvette August 22nd 06, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By SilverStude
Fibreglass problem

A couple years after painting this car in the late 90's, blisters
started to appear on the DS fender. The problem got so bad that the car
was sidelined until recently, when it was decided to try...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12