Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barnhart Pinball
Forum: VW air cooled November 25th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
72 Super fresh air box motor squealing, is there a new replacement?

"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in
:

> What type of oil did you use?
>
> "Barnhart Pinball" >...
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
72 Super fresh air box motor squealing, is there a new replacement?

Well, I took my motor out of the box, cleaned and oiled it. Lasted about a
month, now it makes that high-pitched squealing noise again.

Stopped in at the local Bug shop - they say there is no...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: pulley digging into face of generator - why?

>> Update - all is fixed. Turns out the fan belt was improperly/not
>> shimmed (I learned something new) and it was too tight - thank you
>> previous owner - no shims at all between the pulleys. It...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Got my fresh air box in, needs the 'tubes' - where to get? Defroster ? too...

Ok, I got the vents and fresh air box installed back in my 72SB. I realize
now there should be some tube that spans from the box to the vents - who
carries them?

Second on my list. I have new...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: pulley digging into face of generator - why?

Barnhart Pinball > wrote in
:

> Started the 72 SB this cold morning and the thing was making a nasty
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 07, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: pulley digging into face of generator - why?

Started the 72 SB this cold morning and the thing was making a nasty
grinding noise - could hear it all the way to the bus stop - thought
maybe the throwout bearing may have dried (since the noise...
Forum: VW air cooled October 28th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Gnats Bugging My Yellow Beetle - Help Please!

wrote in news:1193329706.742177.18840
@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

> Hi!
> Almost every night before the sun goes down, a small plague of insects
> gather on my 1973 lunar yellow...
Forum: VW air cooled October 16th 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
72 Super "shimmy"

Been working on my daughter's 72 Super - took it up for safety
inspection/license and it passed (plus having it on the lift, got to make
sure all was ok underneath).

On the way home, was slowing...
Forum: VW air cooled September 20th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

Barnhart Pinball > wrote in
:

Ok, I have cancelled my order for this item. I found nothing good about it,...
Forum: VW air cooled September 19th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
before I start taking the doors apart? It talks...
Forum: VW air cooled August 9th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
How do I access the vent between the hood and the rear window?

pico <pico.net> wrote in :

> Barnhart Pinball wrote:
>
>> I need to get access to the vent area (the one between the rear
>> hood and the back window).
Forum: VW air cooled August 9th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
How do I access the vent between the hood and the rear window?

Speedy Jim > wrote in
:

> Barnhart Pinball wrote:
>
>> Ok, here's a good one. I'm finally starting on the bodywork on the 72
Forum: VW air cooled August 9th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
How do I access the vent between the hood and the rear window?

Speedy Jim > wrote in
:

> Barnhart Pinball wrote:
>
>> Ok, here's a good one. I'm finally starting on the bodywork on the 72
Forum: VW air cooled August 8th 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
How do I access the vent between the hood and the rear window?

Ok, here's a good one. I'm finally starting on the bodywork on the 72
Super. I need to get access to the vent area (the one between the rear hood
and the back window). I must be missing how to do...
Forum: VW air cooled June 26th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Update - Tech: 72 SB, can't remove the 36mm rear wheel nuts!

Well, the Bug now has rear brakes. My friend from Caterpiller (took a
suggestion) brought over his 1" drive ratchet with 3' bar and we knocked
them loose. (Yay!)

We found the adjusters frozen,...
Forum: VW air cooled June 20th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: 72 SB, can't remove the 36mm rear wheel nuts!

Robert > wrote in
:

> On Jun 18, 11:18 pm, Barnhart Pinball
> > wrote:
>> Ok, I've...
Forum: VW air cooled June 20th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: 72 SB, can't remove the 36mm rear wheel nuts!

Randall Post > wrote in
:

> Barnhart Pinball wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've been rebuilding the brakes on my daughter's 72 Super....
Forum: VW air cooled June 19th 07, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Tech: 72 SB, can't remove the 36mm rear wheel nuts!

Ok, I've been rebuilding the brakes on my daughter's 72 Super. I can't get
the %@#% 36mm nuts off the rear spindles (so I can pull the rear drums)!
I'm soaking them in penetrating oil now, but I...
Forum: VW air cooled June 2nd 07, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
Finding a good used bug

" > wrote in
:

> Friend of mine introduced me to a newbie who wants a bug. This gal has
> her heart set...
Forum: VW air cooled May 30th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
help - hooking up a fresh air box on a 1302...

"Scott H" > wrote in
:

> "Barnhart Pinball" wrote ...
>> Hello:
>> I'm putting the fresh air box in my daughter's 72 Super Beetle...
Forum: VW air cooled May 28th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
help - hooking up a fresh air box on a 1302...

Hello:
I'm putting the fresh air box in my daughter's 72 Super Beetle after
tearing it down and fixing the blower fan (and the vent flaps). The problem
is I didn't remove it, the previous owner...
Forum: VW air cooled April 13th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
72 Super - can the non-pop out windows be made to pop out?

Can the rear 1/4 windows on a 72 Super be converted to pop-out windows? If
so, what would I need to do or get for such a conversion?

Thanks for any help!

--
Looking for Trizone backglass in good...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 06, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Sneaks" > wrote in
:

> So, what is everyone working on this winter? I'm going to hopefully
> finish my doorpanels and seats. My...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 06, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Barnhart Pinball
My newest bug 72 Super Beetle Pics

"Noice87" > wrote in news:1165372492.479984.126980@
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> www.73ford.com/bug72
>

> Do the running boards appear saveable? I see some surface...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25