Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 1.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A Veteran
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By A Veteran
did I see a ghia on a Macy's ad?

In article
A Veteran > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Eddie"...
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 08, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By A Veteran
70 Ghia starts but stalls

In article
wrote:

> Hi and Happy New Year!
> Thanks for the response.
>
> On Dec 31 2007, 7:37*am, "dave...
Forum: VW air cooled December 29th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By A Veteran
did I see a ghia on a Macy's ad?

In article >,
"Eddie" > wrote:

> Yes sir, a red convertible.

why were they pushing it.
gawd, they must've blown $20,000 on just...
Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By A Veteran
back firing on a ghia.

it back fired a coupla times and then wouldn't start. dead battery.
after charging it , the motor started and it seems the "gen." idiot light
now doesn't glow.
All I could find wrong was the battery...
Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By A Veteran
did I see a ghia on a Macy's ad?

just caught a glimpse , did anyone see it?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.

Months ago I ordered some tires at the price in the latest "Hot VW's mag.
and they said that was the "old" prices and they up-date the ad's every
three months. I said that the old prices has been...
Forum: VW air cooled December 20th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By A Veteran
generator to alternator conversion

In article >,
Speedy Jim > wrote:

> wrote:
> > Well I can see that there have been a number of...
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By A Veteran
driving a bug

In article >,
Jan > wrote:

> Chris Miller kirjoitti:
> > i've got a fairly stock 67 (i believe it's got a 1600cc engine though) and
Forum: VW air cooled December 15th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By A Veteran
Free Vanagon Fortuna, CA

saw it on Craigslist. engine a basket case.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By A Veteran
Selling a car with a lien (CA)

we might sell an '70 bug and take payments for some of the Deal.
Any pitfalls ? California. that is.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Forum: VW air cooled November 8th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By A Veteran
"new" starter grinding

In article
A Veteran > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Mel P."...
Forum: VW air cooled November 7th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By A Veteran
"new" starter grinding

In article >,
"Mel P." > wrote:

> I replaced my starter with a 'new' rebuilt one...
> When I turn the ignition, there's a grinding noise...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By A Veteran
Points re-visited

In article >,
Dennis > wrote:

> On Oct 31, 11:53 pm, Leopold Stotch > wrote:
> > Michael Cecil wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled October 31st 07, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By A Veteran
Points re-visited

I think I've got if figured out. Just before the points burned there was
a miss. Traced that to a bad plug.
Q. is ; did a bad plug cause the points to burn?

--
when you believe the only tool you...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

In article >,
Macsoft > wrote:

> In article
> >A Veteran
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By A Veteran
oh, no another T-2 power brake q.

I had some stalling (no idle) on my '71 bus. with a '78 front end.
it would idle when I plugged the vacuum line to the servo.
How do you check for leaks in the servo?

--
when you believe the only...
Forum: VW air cooled October 28th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

yes, I've replaced the condenser. smoke just comes out of distributor.
a bad ground is all I have to check.
any ideas?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like...
Forum: VW air cooled October 23rd 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By A Veteran
Starter...

In article >,
"Lenny D." > wrote:

> OK, I I think have to replace my solonoid....(very intermittant no-crank
> situation - turn key to start,...
Forum: VW air cooled October 16th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By A Veteran
Electrical issues

In article <79bb7d85aeb77@uwe>, "Melissam617" <u38271@uwe> wrote:

> I am new at working on my own car (my dad's always helped me but never would
> let me do anything) He put Bus tail-lights on my 69...
Forum: VW air cooled October 10th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By A Veteran
Brake fluid (old) as a rubber lubricant.

I treat my tires to a coating of used brake fluid. avoiding the road
surfaces of course.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Forum: VW air cooled October 10th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By A Veteran
disc brake q.

what are those thin springy inserts between the piston and the brake
pads? What do they do? Noise? can they be left out?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look...
Forum: VW air cooled October 8th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By A Veteran
12V starter on 6V flywheel, new approach?

In article <xKeOi.122816$Xa3.99020@attbi_s22>,
"Bugger" > wrote:

> I am converting my sister's 64 bug to 12V. I was swapping a solenoid off a
> 12V starter to the 6V when I...
Forum: VW air cooled October 7th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By A Veteran
Clutch Pedal

In article >,
Juan > wrote:

> On Oct 5, 7:30 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> > Juan wrote:
> > > Oh!! One more...
Forum: VW air cooled September 25th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By A Veteran
Do you name your car?

In article >,
"caroline" > wrote:

> The new arrival has no name yet, We call it the "New Arrival" a ghia

It acquired the name "Tony"...
Forum: VW air cooled September 25th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By A Veteran
Engine dies at low RPM

In article >,
Howard Rose > wrote:

> Hi RAMVA!
>
> I have FINALLY just fitted the engine back into my 1975 1303...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58