Showing results 1 to 25 of 222
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kruse
Forum: Technology January 11th 11, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Kruse
Rear wheel drive.

On Jan 10, 4:53*pm, Tegger > wrote:

> No way. RWD is way more fun that FWD on snowy roads. Just remember to take
> a case of beer to help pass the time once you land in the...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 6th 10, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Kruse
Did any Mustang ever, even a prototype, come with a 427?

On Oct 5, 4:20*pm, Rich > wrote:
> I've always heard rumours that some might have, but I've never seen any
> proof.

Oh, yes.
I don't have exact figures in front of me, but I'm...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Kruse
My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

On Sep 22, 2:35*pm, wrote:
> I always wear a little cheap pendant digital watch on the front of my
> shirt.I bought that cheap pendant watch for one dollar at a Dollar Tree
> store...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 10, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 21, 5:30*pm, wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 06:14:24 +0000 (UTC), Y Knot >
> wrote:
>
> >Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?
>
> Why...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 10, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 30
Posted By Kruse
My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B >
wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:40:57 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:
> > On 9/21/2010 1:14 AM, Y Knot wrote:
> >> Any ideas...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 10, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Kruse
Toyota gambles with Fire Sale Prices over piling inventory!!!

On Aug 1, 8:06 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:

> And, once you've had a Toyota, most people never buy anything but again.

Because after you've had a Toyota, it goes into...
Forum: Technology May 22nd 10, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Kruse
letter to irwin [newell rubbermaid], marketers of vise-grip brandlocking pliers

On May 21, 10:37*pm, jim beam > wrote:
> i discovered today that the great american tool icon, occupant of
> practically every toolbox in the nation and many more globally, is now
Forum: Technology May 15th 10, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.lexus,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Kruse
Smog test: Vehicle failed the MIL/Check Engine Light due tofailure to successfully complete all OBD self tests

On May 15, 6:42*am, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

> If you found plain old leaded Regular, or leaded
> Premium, and put it in your car, this will destroy a CAT. Bottom line is,
Forum: Technology April 29th 10, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Kruse
GM Lies.

On Apr 29, 7:34*am, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> * * * * *Here is a news flash: The US public (and to a lesser extent the
> canadian public) own GM and if the US public buys enough GM cars...
Forum: Technology April 8th 10, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Kruse
Ford 3.0L Engines' Timing Chain Longevity?

On Apr 7, 4:56*pm, Josh > wrote:
> I'm going to be doing some major work on the front of my 93 Aerostar's
> engine compartment soon.....changing the A/C compressor, radiator
Forum: Technology February 8th 10, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Kruse
2003 Dodge 3.3L Won't Start Without Ether

On Feb 8, 2:09*am, fred > wrote:

> So you have no idea how to fix it yourself or any mechanical ability.
> Noted.

Your mechanical ability was noted in your "check the carburetor"...
Forum: Technology February 7th 10, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 7, 12:14*am, fred > wrote:

> Injected or carborated? If the former cleaning the injectors would be a
> good bet after that, replace the gas filter. Other than checking all...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 6th 10, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Kruse
A movie for all Mustang lovers - Bullitt

On Feb 6, 3:10*pm, dickr2 > wrote:

> Years ago I read a detailed article in a auto magazine
> that described the frame, suspension, and other modifications
> necessary in order...
Forum: Technology January 29th 10, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Kruse
Camry red flag raised in 2004

On Jan 28, 5:09 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> Toyota will resolve the issue. Toyota has done something American
> manufacturers don't so: they halted sales of their best...
Forum: Technology January 19th 10, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Kruse
Why does same tire cost different from Sams and Walmart?

On Jan 18, 9:09*pm, wrote:

> Since they are owned by same company, why is this??

A good question and my guesstimated answer is the prices are different
because their own internal...
Forum: Technology January 18th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Kruse
Car buying advice needed

On Jan 17, 2:53*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
*With some of the money I saved on the PT I bought an
> extended warranty (warrantydirect.com) that goes 10 years/101000 miles
> and will...
Forum: Technology January 17th 10, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Kruse
Car buying advice needed

On Jan 16, 4:15*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> If you want the most vehicle for the least money head on down to your
> Chrysler dealer and look for a new 2009 PT cruiser. *Last I...
Forum: Technology December 31st 09, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Kruse
2000 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L overheating issue

On Dec 31, 7:51*am, m6onz5a > wrote:
> He removes the pump and the impeller is mostly gone. He tells us it needs a reverse rotation water pump,
> but they don't list one for...
Forum: Technology December 28th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Kruse
2000 Lumina 3.1L Head Gasget (step-by-step guide)

On Dec 28, 3:30*pm, "ctops.legal" > wrote:
, need to know what to look for to
> determine if I want NAPA to do the heads.

I couldn't get the photos to load. Maybe something...
Forum: Technology December 28th 09, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Kruse
Quality differences between motor oil. brands & bulk oil fromoil-change places

On Dec 28, 4:05*am, techman41973 > wrote:
> Are there any real quality differences between oil brands in the
> bottle (conventional not synthetic)?
> *Is there any real quality...
Forum: Technology December 27th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Kruse
Deja Vu all over again

On Dec 27, 2:59*pm, "ED" > wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34601258/ns/business-small_business

"Coke doesn't give away the recipe for Coke," said Charlie Territo,...
Forum: Technology December 20th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Kruse
Checking for Recalls?

On Dec 20, 3:49*am, "CWLee" > wrote:
> Is there a website at which one can input a Ford VIN code
> and learn, for that specific vehicle, which recalls apply to
> it and...
Forum: Technology December 15th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Kruse
need tool advice

On Dec 14, 6:43*pm, Camilo > wrote:

> $50-$75 price limt

While Snap-On is a good tool, $75 would barely buy him a Snap-On 1/4
combination wrench.
Plus, are you SURE there...
Forum: Technology December 15th 09, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Kruse
air filter brand and change interval question

On Dec 14, 8:29*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> What about brands, do most of the denizens here revile Fram air
> filters like they do their oil filters?

IMO, Fram makes an OK air...
Forum: Technology December 11th 09, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Kruse
Aftermarket brake parts