Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.99 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: muzician21
Forum: Technology March 23rd 13, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 2
Posted By muzician21
7MGE on Toyota won't run with air intake snorkle detached

On Mar 22, 7:44*pm, Tegger > wrote:

> The MAF is in the intake "snorkel". The MAF expects airflow. Disconnect the
> intake pipe and there's no airflow. No airflow means no fuel...
Forum: Technology March 22nd 13, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 2
Posted By muzician21
7MGE on Toyota won't run with air intake snorkle detached

7MGE on an '89 Toyota Cressida - I was going to shoot some throttle
cleaner into it while running hoping to clean the throttle and idle
air control valve but find that the car won't run period...
Forum: Technology March 21st 13, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 43
Posted By muzician21
How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

Wondering what considerations there would be in storing a used
electric fuel pump that likely has a fair number of miles left in it.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Forum: Technology March 20th 13, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 2
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

89 Toyota Cressida. About 1.5 years ago replaced the crapped out
factory fuel pump with a not-Toyota pump from one of the chain parts
houses. Ran fine until about a week ago. Drove all day, was in...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 11, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 10
Posted By muzician21
Oil leak around distributor after O-ring replacement

On Nov 22, 6:56*pm, muzician21 > wrote:
> 89 Cressida 7MGE engine. Was puking oil out around the distributor
> base. The old O-ring was flattened and brittle. Replaced with a...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 11, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 10
Posted By muzician21
Oil leak around distributor after O-ring replacement

89 Cressida 7MGE engine. Was puking oil out around the distributor
base. The old O-ring was flattened and brittle. Replaced with a Toyota
OEM O-ring. Still getting leakage.

Any suggestions?
Forum: Technology November 21st 11, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 5
Posted By muzician21
Familiarity with Rock Auto Parts? Big discrepancy in cost of motor mount.

In the course of replacing the oil pump on my 89 Cressida I discovered
I have a separated driver side motor mount.

Toyota wants $171 for one. Looked online, found one at Auto Parts
Warehouse for...
Forum: Technology November 19th 11, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By muzician21
Best way to remove vintage cell antenna

On Nov 18, 4:03*pm, Ed Treijs > wrote:

> What are my best means of removal? Something that risks cracking the
> back glass is a non-starter. Something that makes a big mess...
Forum: Technology November 19th 11, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 11
Posted By muzician21
Low oil pressure after overheat and low oil condition

89 Toyota Cressida, 7MGE inline 6. Recently experienced a brief
overheat after a blown hose concurrent with a low on oil situation.
Now finding the oil light goes on at stopped idle under load (~600...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 11, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

As a follow up, I replaced the pump with a unit from Autozone - yeah
yeah, I know "why are you using that Autozone Airtex junk??" etc. etc.
Had to have the car running, couldn't wait for NAPA or the...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 11, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

On Jul 27, 8:52*pm, "snow" > wrote:

> have you thought about dirty fuel or the filter in the tank ,at the pick up
> point

When I replaced the pump, the original factory pickup...
Forum: Technology July 27th 11, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

On Jul 27, 12:05*pm, "hls" > wrote:
> "muzician21" > wrote in message

> > Other...
Forum: Technology July 27th 11, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

Other observation, I whacked on the fuel tank a few times in various
places this morning with a rubber mallet, the car started right up.
Forum: Technology July 27th 11, 12:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

On Jul 27, 1:51*am, Hachiroku > wrote:

> > Yes, cranks. Has 170k on the original pump.
>
> Could be fuel filter. I don't know where it is on a Cressida, but on a
> Supra (basically...
Forum: Technology July 27th 11, 05:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

On Jul 27, 12:05*am, Hachiroku > wrote:

> Does it crank? You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge at AutoZone and check
> the fuel pressure. Toyota fuel pumps rarely go bad.

Yes,...
Forum: Technology July 27th 11, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By muzician21
Sound like a fuel pump?

89 Toyota Cressida. Over the last month or so I've experienced an
intermittent crank/no start that lasted a minute or so, then the car
fired up with a bit of a sputter, would start and run like a...
Forum: Technology December 30th 10, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By muzician21
Trick to removing inner tie-rod on '89 Toyota?

Pic is of the driver side inner tierod end on an '89 Toyota Cressida.
Got the dust boot pulled back and find that I can't get hold of the
areas that are meant for a wrench with adjustable wrenches....
Forum: Technology December 17th 10, 11:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By muzician21
Continued problems with intermittently working power windows on '89Toyota Cressida

To recap for those in rec.autos.tech who I forgot to include in my

> Got in my '89 Cressida and noticed the power windows weren't working.
> All out at the same time.
>
> Checked...
Forum: Technology December 14th 10, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By muzician21
Opinions and/or experience with Autozone Airtex fuel pump for '89 Toyota?

On Dec 13, 9:02 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:

> No issues with the motor? An '89 Cressida with a 3.0?
> ROFLMAO!!!!
>
> Had any head gasket issues yet?

It went after an...
Forum: Technology December 14th 10, 08:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Dec 13, 9:15*pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
> muzician21 wrote:
> > Have an '89 Cressida with 160K plus miles on it, running the factory
> > fuel pump. No issues currently but looking...
Forum: Technology December 13th 10, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By muzician21
Opinions and/or experience with Autozone Airtex fuel pump for '89 Toyota?

Have an '89 Cressida with 160K plus miles on it, running the factory
fuel pump. No issues currently but looking to take a long road trip
and seems like a good idea to do some pre-emptive wrench...
Forum: Technology March 14th 10, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By muzician21
What vehicle was "smarmy girl scout" commercial for?

A while back there was a commercial where this girl in a uniform Girl
Scout-like uniform approached a woman to buy cookies and when the
woman said she didn't have any money the girl gave her a hard...
Forum: Technology January 31st 10, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By muzician21
A couple of things that seem to me like odd engineering relatedto a dead battery

On Jan 30, 10:01*pm, Paul > wrote:

> > Dumb engineering or is there a reason for these seemingly
> > dysfunctional occurrences?
>
> Sounds to me like dysfunctional key operators.

I...
Forum: Technology January 31st 10, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By muzician21
A couple of things that seem to me like odd engineering related to adead battery

I encounter folks who say that when the battery is dead in their car,
they can't get the key out of the ignition.

Also vehicles that have both a door keypad and a key lock. However,
when the battery...
Forum: Technology December 31st 09, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 49
Posted By muzician21
What do you consider to be the lowest oil acceptable oil pressure?

7MGE inline 6 in a Toyota Cressida, the oil pressure light has been
coming on when hot and at low idle, about 30 - 40k out from a rebuild.
Oil sender was replaced new when the engine was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38