Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: danielr
Forum: Saturn December 4th 10, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By danielr
Smoke in the Cockpit

On Dec 3, 2:38*pm, JLS > wrote:
> I switched on the ignition on my '96 Saturn SL2 recently and acrid
> smoke, like smoke from burning wires, poured out from behind the
> dash. *I...
Forum: Saturn August 6th 10, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By danielr
My Saturn's Radio has A.D.D

On Aug 5, 8:58*pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> "Bart Collins" > wrote in
>
> > Thanks...
Forum: Saturn April 4th 10, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By danielr
Idle control Valve?

On Mar 27, 9:21*pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> "danielr" > wrote in message

> > Hi...
Forum: Saturn March 25th 10, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By danielr
Idle control Valve?

On Mar 23, 12:15*pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> Hello fellow design engineer (I'm an EE).
>
> I would get another opinion. Yes, the fuel leak has to be fixed but whether
> replacing a whole...
Forum: Saturn March 22nd 10, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By danielr
Idle control Valve?

On Mar 13, 12:54*pm, teichholtz > wrote:
> danielr wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The problem appears when engine has been OFF for about one hour.
> > Then, the engine cranks (what I believe...
Forum: Saturn March 12th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By danielr
Idle control Valve?

On Mar 11, 5:29*pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> "dondjn" > wrote in message

Forum: Saturn March 9th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By danielr
Idle control Valve?

Before I start describing the problem, I’ll beg for your patience:
1997 SL SOHC, 186600 Km, standard transmission; in Toronto (Canada)
weather; and I love this car.
Last December, engine was having...
Forum: Saturn February 14th 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By danielr
compression test

On Feb 13, 8:02*am, navaidstech > wrote:
> Let's see... I've got a 92 SL1 SOHC with 553,000 km on it. Been
> putting Castrol Synth in it and a cheap Motomaster oil filter since
Forum: Saturn February 8th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By danielr
compression test

On Feb 8, 3:46*am, "Private" > wrote:
> > "danielr" > wrote in message
> >> I ride a...
Forum: Saturn February 6th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By danielr
compression test

I ride a 1997 SL SOHC, 185.000 Km, standard transmission.
Oil is changed every 3500 Km, I use Castrol Synthetic 5W30, and K&N
oil filter.
I know; some of you might believe it is a waste of money; but...
Forum: Saturn November 24th 09, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By danielr
two issues: P0404 & head gasket

hello everyone;

1997 SL1 SOHC. standard xmission.
approximtely 130.000 km (i live in toronto, canada, which is metric)

issue a) giving erratic P0404 SES when engine gets hot.
i have obdc diagnostic...
Forum: Saturn March 2nd 09, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By danielr
SES sign

97 SL!. stdrd xmission. 172000 Km.
I get P0404 cide in SES amp. EGR system.
any ideas ?
TIA for any help.
danielR.
Forum: Saturn January 11th 09, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By danielr
window stiffness

hi everyone;
SL 1997, SOHC, 173.000 KM., standard xmission. live in Toronto, Canada
i am findind increasingly hard to (manually) rise and lower the
windows, mostly in dry wheather. i fear of breaking...
Forum: Saturn December 4th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By danielr
1995 Saturn SL1 fail Emissions Test for high NOx

On Nov 28, 1:20*pm, JimR > wrote:
> You've got to stop using Nitro while you are running it at the Funny Car
> Circuit :-)
>
> Sorry I can't offer any real help. *I just went...
Forum: Saturn February 28th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By danielr
upshift lamp

hi everyone;
i have a 1997 SSL 1.9L SOHC, standard tranny. approx 160000 km.
could somebody please help?
whare is the upshift lamp? what is its function?
thanks in advance.

danielr
Forum: Saturn March 31st 07, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By danielr
gas mileage on older Saturns

On Mar 30, 9:29 pm, "danielr" > wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Saturn March 31st 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mar 30, 8:50 pm, _jj_ > wrote:
> >>I am facing driving a much longer commute and would like to get an
> >>older Saturn (1991-95) with a stick shift.
> >>What kind of gas mileage...
Forum: Saturn December 16th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By danielr
radio

Hi everyone;
I own a 97 Saturn SL. Recently, the light(s) behid the knobs of the
redio went off.
I checked all fuses, inside (passenger side) and outside (under the
hood), but they're all OK.
Could...
Forum: Saturn September 4th 06, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By danielr
Locked into second gear

psued0m wrote:
> Turns out it was the shifter cables. Had the dealer replace them, and
> haven't had a problem since htne....(knock on simulated wood panelling)
>
> wavy wrote:
> > Same thing...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19