Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Olson
Forum: Technology June 7th 20, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark Olson
Adjust headlight

Xeno > wrote:
> On 7/6/20 10:30 am, wrote:
>> Xeno:
>>
>> I've driven plenty of domestic and foreign post-2000 cars, and I have yet to see any...
Forum: Technology January 20th 20, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark Olson
Dodge Dart electrical problems/starting problems

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Monday, March 17, 2003 at 10:42:31 AM UTC-10, pawn wrote:

>> Thanks for your time.

[snip]

> Just replace the starter.

Do you really think he's still got that...
Forum: Technology September 6th 19, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Olson
Clare, Xeno.... did you ever have a batch of tires that just wouldn't seal after the final bead?

In rec.autos.tech AMuzi > wrote:
> On 9/6/2019 12:52 AM, Xeno wrote:

Forum: Technology September 23rd 17, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By Mark Olson
How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

In rec.autos.tech Stormin' Norman > wrote:
> The splines on the clutch disc must line up with the splines on the
> flywheel.

I REALLY don't think so. Hint: no splines on...
Forum: Technology April 9th 14, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Olson
Premium fuel - production car - required?

On 2014-04-09 7:36 AM, WrongWayWade wrote:
> the manufacturer recommends premium

> A salesman told me I could use regular

Wow. That's a tough one.
Forum: Technology March 1st 14, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Olson
Hood locks

On 2014-02-28 10:25 PM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 5, 2000 8:40:27 AM UTC-4, John Ings wrote:
>> Anybody know of a web site that sells hood locks that will fit a
Forum: Technology February 27th 14, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Mark Olson
'01 Buick Le Sabre SES Light On

On 2014-02-27 1:17 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 2/27/2014 6:49 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>>

>> No, A professional would actually repair the car regardless of who it
>> belongs to.
>>
>> The only part that needs...
Forum: Technology February 26th 14, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Olson
Bigger injectors and fuel useage.

On 2014-02-26 8:37 AM, Tegger wrote:
> Generally speaking, bigger injectors mean more fuel flow, unless you
> shorten the dwell time. I think you can only shorten dwell time so much
> before it gets...
Forum: Technology February 14th 14, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Olson
Rear window defogger is stumping me.

On 2014-02-14 10:29 AM, N8N wrote:
> No, I meant that if I put a probe on each side of the grid, I read appx. 12V across them. However you were right anyway; on a hunch I pulled the trim and pulled...
Forum: Technology February 14th 14, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2014-02-14 9:04 AM, Bill Vanek wrote:
"> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:18:09 -0800 (PST), N8N >
> wrote:
>
>> Got my old Jeep Cherokee just about in "drive anywhere without fear"...
Forum: Technology January 30th 13, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Olson
Digital Inspection Camera. $69.99 with Harbor Freight coupon.

On 1/29/2013 6:04 PM, JR wrote:
> Two pages of Harbor Freight coupons in my snail mail Popular Science magazine. There is a Harbor Freight store about eight miles East of doggy's couch. I think I...
Forum: Technology December 26th 12, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Olson
Pikes Peak Highway

On 12/26/2012 9:34 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> I did it in a rental, and it wasn't bad, the road is actually very well
> maintained. Modern cars with feedback control systems will run fine. Old
Forum: Technology August 16th 12, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Mark Olson
decode marketing accumulatorspeak for me please

On 08/16/2012 10:35 AM, Heron wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Audi August 13th 12, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 19
Posted By Mark Olson
Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

On 8/13/2012 3:16 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:01:26 -0700 (PDT), AD > wrote:
>
>> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
Forum: Technology August 13th 12, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Olson
Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

On 8/13/2012 3:16 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:01:26 -0700 (PDT), AD > wrote:
>
>> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
Forum: Technology June 24th 12, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By Mark Olson
93 Altima stalling at random

On 6/23/2012 5:52 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

> I STILL haven't seen one specific model car that has a low oil
> pressure shutdown.

1971 Chevrolet Vega. Oil pressure sender idiot light coming on would
cut...
Forum: Technology March 8th 12, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Mark Olson
Gm to suspend VOLT production

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Right now, fuel cells that run off of hydrogen are easy and practical. The
> problem is that there's no infrastructure in place to get hydrogen to your
> door like there is...
Forum: Technology October 1st 11, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Olson
2002 Ford Escort engine problem

On 10/1/2011 5:10 PM, Edwin T. wrote:
> Ok guys..with fixing my hobby dead aerostar in the backyard, ran into a
> problem with our third car, a 2002 ford escort. bout 2 months back the head
Forum: Technology March 2nd 11, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark Olson
Disconnecting alternator from car....

Existential Angst wrote:
> "hls" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Existential Angst" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology September 28th 10, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark Olson
Watching Top Gear.

Clive wrote:
> In message >,
> writes
>> You do NOT want a Reliant 3 wheeler car.That death trap turns over most
>> of the times it...
Forum: Technology July 19th 10, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Olson
2004 Accord A/C blower stopped working

Dave wrote:
> Last week I started my car and there's nothing coming out of the vents
> when I turn the A/C on. 30 minutes prior it was blowing cold air just
> fine! I checked the fuses, but it...
Forum: Technology July 10th 10, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Olson
97 Chevy S10 4X4 Fuel Gauge problem

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Cage22 > wrote:
>> I just had my truck in the shop for 3 days to get the gas gauge fixed.
>> They tested the sending unit (OK). Then replaced the dash panel...
Forum: Technology May 29th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Mark Olson
ABS bleeding

Steve W. wrote:
> aarcuda69062 wrote:
>> In article >,

Forum: Technology March 26th 10, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Olson
Consultants say interference in vehicle electronics is possible

E. Meyer wrote:
> On 3/26/10 8:06 AM, in article ,
> "Mark Olson" > wrote:
>
>> E. Meyer wrote:
>>> On 3/25/10 8:52 PM, in article
Forum: Technology March 26th 10, 01:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

E. Meyer wrote:
> On 3/25/10 8:52 PM, in article
> , "dr_jeff" >
> wrote:

>> I am not saying that there weren't any cars that used engine...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68