Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KC[_2_]
Forum: Technology August 12th 09, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By KC[_2_]
No Air, Just Noise From 1995 Olds Cutlass Heater Blower

When I run the air conditioning or heat in my 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass
with electronic climate control, I get very little air out of any of
the outlets. It doesn't matter whether I direct the air to...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 09, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By KC[_2_]
Door Locks Don't Move in Cold Temperatures

When the outside air temperature is in the 20's or lower, some of the
door locks on my 2000 Ford Taurus don't move - so you cannot lock or
unlock the car. The power door lock actuator energizes, and...
Forum: Technology June 17th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By KC[_2_]
Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

Was able to replace it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I'd like to know the answer to Tegger's question, too. I've heard
opinions about side terminals ranging from it was purely a money...
Forum: Technology June 16th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By KC[_2_]
Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

Would a battery terminal puller (like the one shown in the link below)
be of any use in extracting the terminal bolt from the battery cable?

http://tinyurl.com/4n9zux
Forum: Technology June 16th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By KC[_2_]
Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

OK - I found that you can purchase terminal bolts in both standard and
extended lengths (see links below). How do you remove the old terminal
bolt from the cable? What holds it in place?

Standard...
Forum: Technology June 16th 08, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By KC[_2_]
Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 3.4L DOHC engine. The
negative battery cable terminal will not get very tight when attached
to the battery.

I can snug it up to where it just begins to...
Forum: Technology April 17th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By KC[_2_]
New Battery But No Power

On Apr 16, 6:14*pm, "Woody" > wrote:
> Did you put the voltmeter on thebatterywhile trying to start?

The 13.3 volt measurement was the reading from the battery with no
load on it....
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By KC[_2_]
New Battery But No Power

> Does the new battery do anything in the other car?

I don't know. I will give that a try.
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By KC[_2_]
New Battery But No Power

On Apr 16, 9:24*am, zzyzzx > wrote:
> Bad electrical connection.

The battery cables seem to be fine, and the problem does not exist
with a different battery. Do you mean a short...
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By KC[_2_]
New Battery But No Power

Thanks for the info. I will return the battery. I forgot to mention
that I had checked the battery with a volt-ohm meter after charging it
overnight. I read 13.3 volts. I also had checked the...
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By KC[_2_]
New Battery But No Power

I bought a NAPA Legend battery and installed it in my car. No power,
the interior lights did not even come on. I put the battery on a
"Battery Tender" brand trickle charger overnight. The next...
Forum: Technology August 5th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By KC[_2_]
Looking For Those With Experience With Hercules Tires

I found a web page to decipher DOT codes, and the code on the Hercules
tire translated to: manufactured in the 23rd week of 2007 by Cooper
Tire & Rubber Co., Albany, Georgia.

The site...
Forum: Technology August 4th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By KC[_2_]
Looking For Those With Experience With Hercules Tires

Thanks for the advice on checking the country of origin. The tire I
was shown has "Made in the USA" molded on the sidewall.
Forum: Technology August 3rd 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By KC[_2_]
Looking For Those With Experience With Hercules Tires

Anyone have any experienc with Hercules tires in general, and Hercules
Ultra Plus IV tires specifically? I had not heard of the brand. They
were presented to me as a quaility tire that are reasonably...
Forum: Technology August 1st 07, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By KC[_2_]
Question About Slotting The Struts In Order to Get Wheels Aligned

I am going to have a shop that specializes in frames/alignments give
me an opinion on the condition of the frame, and if necessary, slot
the struts. They have not seen the car yet, but the person I...
Forum: Technology July 31st 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By KC[_2_]
Question About Slotting The Struts In Order to Get Wheels Aligned

Thanks for the answers. I was told all four struts need to be slotted,
so I was concerned the car's frame should be worked on and not the
struts.
Forum: Technology July 31st 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By KC[_2_]
Question About Slotting The Struts In Order to Get Wheels Aligned

The service center tells me that the wheel alignment on my 95 Cutlass
cannot be accomplished without slotting the struts. This is the first
time I've heard of this practice. Is it an accepatable...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17