Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DaddyMonkey
Forum: Technology November 15th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By DaddyMonkey
Fogging windows- Golden Oldie/ Original poster

I am not a "regular" in this group, but I am an ASE/MT, and I hope that
I can help.

I don't know where "Rogers Pass" is located , but sound kinda
nice... sorry you had problems there.

First...
Forum: Technology May 21st 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By DaddyMonkey
'76 Pacer exhaust problems

What Steve B. said is true...
Junk yards have what they call "horns"... and can hook-up with satellite
dishes throughout the USA.

One yard may say that they have many, the next, nill.... it's all...
Forum: Technology May 18th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By DaddyMonkey
I have a couple of questions about my engine.

Remove the F-ING spark plugs?
DUH? Go figure!

After an almost f-ing week of posting your BS online. Do you think that
your lazy azz could pull the f-ing s.plugs? We have better things to
do, and we...
Forum: Technology May 17th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By DaddyMonkey
HELP! Hairline Crack in a Metal Fuel Tank!

Hey Mike...

Look into Moyer Fuel Tank Renu
(Google?)
www.gas-tank.com

If this a car that you really want to keep, they will hook you up and
get your gas tank right.
Not to sure on the shipping...
Forum: Technology May 17th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By DaddyMonkey
Buck'n S-10

2.2 in an S-10? 1996?

I don't know...

But if the engine goes pop-pop-pop (etc)
on acceleration; It might just be, maybe, a worn camshaft. Is it a V6
cylinder? 2.8L?

The poor performance and...
Forum: Technology May 17th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By DaddyMonkey
long block or short block?

We will bear with you (somewhat) lol
long blocks have cylinder heads, short blocks do not...

You might want to look into some books first... Amazon.com might have
something for the "nissan street...
Forum: Technology May 16th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By DaddyMonkey
ASE testing

Well, last night, I just took 6 of my 8 ASE auto recert test and think
that I did pretty good. I hope that you did well too!

Technician A says this- B says that... all of these are...
Forum: Technology May 16th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By DaddyMonkey
91 Nissan Maxima radiator fans run continuously.

Relays do what relays are told.

I am not familiar with the 91 Maxima either, but there has to be a
switch (coolant temperature switch?) somewhere on that vehicle 'telling'
the relay (and fan) to do...
Forum: Technology May 16th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By DaddyMonkey
front tire keeps leaking around 14psi of air a week

Back in the early 90's I had a customer that kept coming back for a tire
leak-down on the LF wheel. (LF = left front)... no other problems, just
the LF wheel.

I put the tire in the tank... did the...
Forum: Technology May 16th 07, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By DaddyMonkey
I have a couple of questions about my engine.

White smoke is coolant being burned. (water vapor)

My guess is that you had coolant leaking into the engine and the noise
that you heard before shut-down was the piston coming up and hammering
into...
Forum: Technology May 16th 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By DaddyMonkey
Diesel in a gas engine

I have to agree with clifto here!
I smell fish... but, the poster DID SAY that the vehicle has over 300K +
on it's clock.
And at a 10:5 ratio of diesel/gas most gasoline powered vehicles WILL
run...
Forum: Technology February 1st 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By DaddyMonkey
89 suburban transmission rebuild help, please.

did you check the atf?

you know that suckers gonna
take about 12 qt of tranny fluid, right?
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By DaddyMonkey
What to look for when buying a used car?

Cars from the SouthWest, where it is HOT and VERY dry, will suffer form
anything that is detritus to rubber... in other words; seals, bushings,
weather tracks will rot-out.

The NorthEast, where they...
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By DaddyMonkey
Whining sound when RPM needle moves up?

Go outside to your Mustang... leave the ignition key inside the house.

Pop the hood. Grab the fan blade and try to move it from side-to-side.
Do the same thing for the A/C compressor, the power...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14