Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: oppie
Forum: Saturn November 30th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By oppie
Who killed the electric car (old theread)

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> thanks for that Marx.
>
> "marx404" > wrote in message
Forum: Saturn November 2nd 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By oppie
LW300 rear suspension bushings

I heard a clunk in the rear going over a bump. Thought it was a bad shock
but it turned out to be a worn lower control arm outer bushing. I called two
parts dealers and they have no listing for...
Forum: Saturn July 20th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By oppie
AC refrigerant R12a vs R134

Scientific equipment repair company, eh? Do I know you?
I'm a design engineer for LUDL Electronic Products - a scientific equipment
manufacturer.

Aside from that, My old voyager had the AC clutch...
Forum: Saturn July 20th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By oppie
steering wheel locks

The key is supposed to work either side. I find it goes into the cylinder
easier on one side than the other. A tiny bit of grease applied to the tip
of the key may help. Insert it several times and...
Forum: Saturn May 18th 08, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By oppie
Rear Dome light, 01-lw300

"-Cronus-" > wrote in message
> In article <nlWWj.519$Pr1.370@trndny03>, says...
>> Rear dome light went out...
Forum: Saturn March 28th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By oppie
1998 SL2 idle problems after Starter replacement

Odd that the SES light is not on. Sounds like a vacuum leak that would do
this. If the CTS is bad, it would indicate a cold condition which revs the
engine and enriches the fuel mixture. Most of...
Forum: Saturn March 9th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By oppie
Reset Oil Button?

Got to wonder is this a new car for him or is it the first time the oil's
been changed since 2005 <grin>
Surprising how many folks never opened the owner's manual. Yeah, some of
it's plain obvious,...
Forum: Saturn February 26th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By oppie
friction sound appear. NEED HELP!!!

Thanks - will check them out. Just so accustomed to OE.

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message
> oppie turned on the Etch-A-Sketch...
Forum: Saturn February 25th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By oppie
friction sound appear. NEED HELP!!!

Sorry, I don't follow. I'm using OE as a news reader and reading off of a
verizon.net server. I did not see any cross post. What did I miss?
Thanks

"marx404" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn February 19th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By oppie
Freezing window washer

Really basic question - are you using winter mix washer fluid? Summer mix
**will** freeze up while winter mix is good to -20F (iirc).

I haven't seen this problem on my -01 lw300 but had a really...
Forum: Saturn February 6th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By oppie
2003 Saturn VUE

You were lucky that it must have been a solid failure. I had one fail
intermittently on my '01 lw300. (120K)
Saturn had it for a week and couldn't diagnose it. My first guess was the
crank sensor...
Forum: Saturn January 30th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By oppie
Ion Front Alignment

"Gyzmologist" > wrote in message
> teem wrote:
>> Just had my tires rotated & a front end alignment & a balace on all 4
>> tires,on the...
Forum: Saturn January 27th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By oppie
Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

"New & Improved - N/F John" > wrote in message
> OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F) or
> lower is...
Forum: Saturn October 15th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By oppie
#3 misfire on 2000 SW2

I've got the lw300 (2001)
The female Torx bits are sold by lisle
This it, I believe http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=323

Past that you need a fancy pliers to remove and reinstall the...
Forum: Saturn October 15th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By oppie
Manual shifter break-in period

Time to reboot my brain...
Don't know how I managed to reply to a shifting question with a clutch pedal
effort answer.

Let me ask - how does the shifting feel with the engine off and the clutch...
Forum: Saturn October 14th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By oppie
Manual shifter break-in period

As the clutch surface wears in, only the friction point range should
change - the clutch pedal distance from starting to grab to fully engaged.
As it wears in, this distance decreases. Should have...
Forum: Saturn May 21st 07, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By oppie
6 hours to replace a starter - LW300

The Starter was getting a bit intermittent on my '01 LW300. It has 100K
miles on it was worth replacing the entire starter. Carquest had a rebuilt
for $155 (wholesale) with $55 core charge.

The...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17