Showing results 1 to 25 of 231
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve W.
Forum: Technology October 14th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

wrote:
> Husky is a good brand name that dates back many years.I have a few old
> Husky wrenches here.I didn't know Husky is still in business and I
> didn't know they are being...
Forum: Technology October 13th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

Ray O wrote:
> "Built_Well" > wrote in message
>> Ray O wrote:
>>> [The tech has] to release the trigger...
Forum: Technology October 13th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve W.
Ford Escort Overheats, Won't Restart

wrote:
>> Blown head gasket, Cracked head, Cracked block, All the above? Bent rods
>> from hydrolocking when the coolant flooded into the cylinders. I would
>> say the engine is...
Forum: Technology October 13th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve W.
Smartcar or Dumbcar?

Tegger wrote:
> Comboverfish > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Oct 7, 5:04 pm, "Tim B" > wrote:
>>
>>> They've...
Forum: Technology October 13th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 1996 Ford Escort LX 1.9L that had a waterpump fail this past
> weekend. When it failed, the timing belt jumped (water pump is on
> timing belt), and the...
Forum: Technology October 12th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

wrote:
> I have never heard of Torque Stix before.How are they used?
> cuhulin

They are basically calibrated extensions for a rattle gun. They flex
when they hit the...
Forum: Chrysler October 12th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 29
Posted By Steve W.
Polish for plastic lights

Tim wrote:
> I purchased from Auto Zone a set of disk like things that attach to a drill
> motor. Then you wet them and it says in 5 minutes you have clean clear head
> lights. Tried it on the...
Forum: Technology October 11th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

news wrote:
> Mark A wrote:
>> "news" > wrote in message
>>> I prefer to now use a pair of disposable gloves. Less...
Forum: Technology October 11th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

hls wrote:

> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in message
>> Several responses that did answer the question without any sort of smart
>> remark whatsoever referred to the...
Forum: Technology October 11th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Steve W.
Oil and Filter Change

Built_Well wrote:

> Ray O wrote:
>
>> ....API grade SM, which is what most, if not all, of the oil on the
>> shelves in auto parts stores is.
> ========
>
> Today I saw Royal Purple oil at a...
Forum: Technology October 10th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Steve W.
floor jack recommendation for home use?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> need to buy a new floor jack, apparently. I currently have a cheap
> little Chinese thing that I bought when I was in college, and when I
> went to mess with the...
Forum: Technology October 7th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Replies: 88
Posted By Steve W.
Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

Slacker wrote:
> OK. I went to the local Kragen and all the guys at the counter said rain-x
> has this horrid problem very often. They get it all the time, they said.
>
> They told me there are only...
Forum: Technology October 6th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.
Chevy Impala/Malibu wheels?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Anyone know if the wheels will interchange between a 2005 Impala and a
> brand new Impala or Malibu? I just got new tires on my company car
> today and I'm about 15K miles away...
Forum: Technology October 5th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.
Engine specs website?

51_racing wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>> Marsh Monster wrote:
>>> =====
>>> =====
Forum: Technology October 5th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.
Heater core replace? (Town car)

wrote:
> I smell antifreeze and get steam when I run hearer on 1986 Lincoln Town
> car. Tried Bars stop leak and it reduced it but still steams 4 days
> later.
>
> Is there another...
Forum: Technology October 4th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.
Engine specs website?

Marsh Monster wrote:
> =====
> =====
> On Oct 3, 11:11?am, 51_racing > wrote:
>> Anyone know of a good engine spec website? Looking for machining
>> dimensions. Bore and stroke are...
Forum: Technology October 4th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.
Glass mounted window regulator channels?

Marsh Monster wrote:
> On Oct 3, 7:56?pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
>> Just got off the phone with a guy who owns a '90 K2500 Chevy P/U. He
>> said he hit a bump and both windows dropped...
Forum: Technology October 4th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve W.
strange internal tire wear

Bob Urz wrote:
> I was going through a pile of used tires to find one to temporarily
> put on the taurus until i can get the rack fixed. I found one tire off
> a GM product that looked OK from the...
Forum: Technology October 4th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.
Glass mounted window regulator channels?

Just got off the phone with a guy who owns a '90 K2500 Chevy P/U. He
said he hit a bump and both windows dropped into the doors. I had him
look into the door and he says he can see the regulator...
Forum: Chrysler October 3rd 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 77
Posted By Steve W.
US car dealers turn away Canadian new-car buyers - is that legal?

MoPar Man wrote:
> TNKev wrote:
>
>> there may be an issue with warranty as well.
>
> For the last time.
>
> This is not about warranties,
> This is not about emmissions or other regulations
Forum: Chrysler October 2nd 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm

MoPar Man wrote:
> Wes 94 ZR580 wrote:
>
>> Canadian dealers have the same restrictions on selling new
>> vehicles to US purchasers. There are even stickers on the
>> vehicle that state "not...
Forum: Technology October 1st 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Steve W.
Getting rid of air pockets after replacing the front brake discpads

dmkAlex wrote:
> On Sep 30, 8:11 pm, Kevin Bottorff > wrote:
>> dmkAlex > wrote in news:1191196070.865996.122380@
Forum: Technology September 29th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.
98 Honda Accord Check Engine Light

Brian wrote:
> My wifes honda's check engine light came on the other week. We got
> the codes scanned and they said it was a leak in the system but they
> didn't know where. My wife says that when...
Forum: Technology September 28th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.
'94 Safari, location of EGR solenoid and thermo switch

wrote:
> I wrote:
>>> 94 Safari, AWD, W engine, PS/PB/AC. ... 4L60E trans.
>>> I removed the EGR valve and found a small piece of carbon-like crud
>>> wedged between the...
Forum: Technology September 26th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.
4T60-E Transmission