Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sanity Clause[_3_]
Forum: Technology September 6th 19, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 29
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Clare, Xeno.... did you ever have a batch of tires that justwouldn't seal after the final bead?

Arlen G. Holder wrote:

> I've seen them NOT remove the old wheel weights (particularly, again, on my
> BBS wheels since they're stick-on weights attached to the inside), and
> certainly they don't...
Forum: Technology May 15th 19, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 35
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
How to keep sound on when backing up.

Rod Speed wrote:

>> micky wrote:
>>> According to some newspaper article online, back up cameras have
>>> cut by only 10 percent (in cars that have them) the number of
>>> times someone backs into a...
Forum: Technology May 13th 19, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Rubbing the tire on the road, is it really mathematically simple?

dsi1 wrote:

> My method of avoiding excessive tire slippage when parallel parked is to use a floor jack to lift the front tires off the ground and swing the entire front end clear of the car in...
Forum: Technology May 1st 19, 06:33 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years- saving over $400

Arlen G. Holder wrote:

> Thanks for keeping an open mind, as you're the only other one on this ng,
> that I know of, who has actually mounted & balanced a car tire themselves.

"Themselves".
Does...
Forum: Technology April 29th 19, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Arlen G. Holder wrote:

> o I mounted the "red spot" next to the tire valve:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Pqq6GGj6/mount09.jpg>

Should I mention that traditionally the red spot is the "high" point of...
Forum: Technology April 5th 19, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Mitsubishi car repair?

Sardox wrote:
> said:
>
>> Which version is it and which engine, US or other country?
>
> It's a US Mitsubishi Lancer 2004.
> I'm just looking for a good web site to ask shadetree repair...
Forum: Technology October 29th 18, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who willdie?

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/27/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
>> www.blacklistednews.com
>
> My car should protect ME. It should hit whichever target is less likely
> to injure the...
Forum: Technology July 16th 18, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Difficult starting

micky wrote:

> I saw on a TV court case where a shop told a Volvo owner that his loose
> gas cap had cause his something something pump to run all the time and
> that caused it to burn out and set...
Forum: Technology May 13th 18, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Ford F150 Rotor installation problem

Michael wrote:
> I took the rear driver rotor off my truck and was ready to replace it
> when a piece of the emergency brake shoe broke off (a wood-like substance
> that's like a shim about 1/8 or...
Forum: Technology May 6th 18, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Hole in the wheel is too small.

wrote:
> Youre dumb bob

1 - Look up "hub-centric" on Google. Read and learn.
2 - It's spelled "You're", not "Youre".
3 - We capitalize names. Bob, not bob.
4 - We put commas in...
Forum: Technology May 4th 18, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Sanity Clause[_3_]
Can I replace my 185 tires with 195?

wrote:

> I had to have one bad so I let them replace my 185 with a 195 and I'm back the next day my car pulled horribly to that side and jumped all over the road so...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11