Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ben Boyle
Forum: VW air cooled April 15th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Boyle
Buying a bug or van in the USA

My car came from Germany originally. I live in Michigan and we are not
required to have a front plate so I have the original German plate up front.
On the back I have the standard Michigan issued...
Forum: VW air cooled April 13th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Boyle
Buying a bug or van in the USA

I try, life is too short not to have a RHD car!
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled April 12th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Boyle
Buying a bug or van in the USA

Sure thing, the key thing is once it goes through customs and you have the
EPA and DOT clearance forms it's not a problem.

You really are better off using a broker, I am using Noel Slade at...
Forum: VW air cooled April 11th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Boyle
Buying a bug or van in the USA

As long as it's 25 years old it's basically easy. I'm in the process of
bringing in a Citroen Dyane from England right now.
"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled March 7th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Ben Boyle
when did it change?

Later Mexican production has it on the lid, but I don't know dates
"bug '59" > wrote in message
> AFAIK Never....
Forum: VW air cooled October 11th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Ben Boyle
'64 'ragtop' dilemma

The old school sunroof was available in other countries until '67 but I
doubt that this is an original setup.
"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled September 29th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Ben Boyle
Window Seals and Bug Tow Questions

Don't buy cheap window seals. You see too many cheap ones cracking.
"Noice87" > wrote in message
>I need to...
Forum: VW air cooled September 10th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Boyle
Quick questions about charcoal canisters and running boards

The only variation you're looking at is maybe the trim piece being the wrong
width for your year or the old school ones with different color rubber. But
they bolt on.
"Speedy Jim" >...
Forum: VW air cooled September 2nd 06, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Ben Boyle
OT Watercooled

One thing to consider, I know a ton of gay ACVW owners!!!

I am not one of them...
"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9