Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David T. Johnson
Forum: Saturn February 28th 12, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By David T. Johnson
OBD-2

The older Saturns are OBD1, not OBD2. Most basic scanners read only
OBD2 codes but you can get the more expensive model that will also read
OBD1. As you say, though, you can still extract the...
Forum: Saturn September 29th 11, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By David T. Johnson
Vue CVT woes

Oppie wrote:
> I have a friend with a Saturn Vue that just had its third CVT
> transmission rebuild by Saturn.

The rule of thumb for those is to ALWAYS come to full 'wheel-locked'
stop before...
Forum: Saturn May 24th 11, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By David T. Johnson
1998 SL2 - Snow tire noise with summer tires

somebody wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 22:25:57 -0700, "Private" >
> wrote:

Forum: Saturn May 24th 11, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

somebody wrote:
> It quiets down on left turns and is louder on right turns.
>
> Neutral/coasting doesn't make a difference.
>
> I will check the CV joint boots...

It's the driver's side front...
Forum: Saturn March 5th 11, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By David T. Johnson
"Grrrr" wheel bearing or engine mount problem??

Private wrote:
> "David T. Johnson" > wrote in message
> snip
>> It's the wheel bearing.
> snip
>> Make sure they...
Forum: Saturn March 5th 11, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

millinghill wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a 2001 Saturn SL1. 109k miles. 4 brand new tires (last
> week). For the past 6months, something in front left of car makes a
> "grrrrr" noise which only starts to...
Forum: Saturn March 4th 11, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By David T. Johnson
Rough starts on 99 SL2

I would suspect one of two things, either 1) the crankshaft position
sensor or 2) the ignition module and attached coils. The crankshaft
position sensor is a little plastic sensor with a wire...
Forum: Saturn October 4th 10, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By David T. Johnson
HELP - SW1 fuel pump not running

Private wrote:
> I hope there is still someone here.
>
> I have a 98 SW1 that has not been on the road for a couple of years but has
> been regularly (@ 2-3 months) started and driven around a large...
Forum: Saturn December 23rd 09, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By David T. Johnson
1996 SL ENGINE RACING PROBLEM

Buzz wrote:
> My '96 SL single cam has 185K on the clock, and has been running fine.
> A few weeks ago I changed the oil and hosed off the motor with a
> garden hose. Then the "Service Engine" light...
Forum: Saturn August 21st 09, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By David T. Johnson
94 SL2 inst cluster issues

There's the big ribbon connector on the back of the instrument cluster.
You can get the symptoms you describe if the ribbon connector is just
a little bit crooked when the cluster goes back in...
Forum: Saturn June 8th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By David T. Johnson
Penske Buyng Saturn

marx404 wrote:
> I did not see this posted here yet. On Friday June 5th, Saturn Officially
> made the announcement that Penske Automotive Group will buy Saturn. Details
> are being worked out and...
Forum: Saturn February 23rd 09, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.saab
Replies: 1
Posted By David T. Johnson
Off to car heaven

Dave U. Random wrote:
> Moneyblog http://is.gd/jYqP
>
> Say goodbye to Saturn. And Saab and Hummer, for that
> matter. Pontiac, too, for all intents and purposes.

There have been some good cars...
Forum: Saturn February 18th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By David T. Johnson
Saturn gone?

somebody wrote:
> http://jalopnik.com/5155377/gm-to-officially-kill-saturn-brand-most-of-pontiac
>
> Our sources tell us GM's viability plan set to be released at 5:00PM
> will kill the Saturn brand...
Forum: Saturn February 13th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By David T. Johnson
SL2 sticky throttle problem

Private wrote:

> I have a very similar problem as I posted last month. (post copied below)
>
> Mine is an OBD11 car with similar symptoms as yours. Shortly after my
> posting the SES light...
Forum: Saturn February 13th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 30
Posted By David T. Johnson
Consumer Reports and Saturn

Dan wrote:
> I have a 1996 SL2 with 240k+ miles on it and just the normal wear & tear
> problems. It has been the best new car I have had. I am now looking for an
> SUV and the Consumer Reports...
Forum: Saturn February 13th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By David T. Johnson
SL2 sticky throttle problem

The throttle accelerator pedal on my '92 Saturn SL2 seemed to be
sticking so that when you stopped at a traffic light, the idle rpm might
be at 2-3K before slowly dropping back down to idle speed...
Forum: Driving February 14th 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Replies: 38
Posted By David T. Johnson
Hanoi Juan McCain Websites

Brent P wrote:

> McCain didn't serve our country in 'nam* he served the same people** he
> serves today. He's been richly rewarded for his service to them.

John McCain didn't pass up a corrupt...
Forum: Driving February 14th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Replies: 38
Posted By David T. Johnson
Hanoi Juan McCain Websites

I was personally acquainted with former POW Howard Dunn who died in
1998. Major Dunn (later Colonel) was a Marine F-4B pilot who was
shot down over North Vietnam in December 1965 and was a...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18