Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Refinish King[_2_]
Forum: Technology January 13th 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Small engine help!

"stryped" > wrote in message
On Jan 13, 7:45 am, "HLS" > wrote:
> "m6onz5a"...
Forum: Technology January 11th 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Pressure Build Up in My '90 Acura Legend

"The Doctor" > wrote in message

> My '90 Legend is building up tremendous pressure in the cooling...
Forum: Technology January 11th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Average MPG Indicator On New GM Cars ?

"Robert11" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Have a new Buick, but imagine it's similar for all new GM cars.
>
> Re the display that...
Forum: Technology January 6th 09, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 19
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
22 gallon tank took 23 gallons to fill

"Jack" > wrote in message
>A pump at a local Chevron gas station tallied up 23 gallons when I
> filled my 1987 Dodge Dakota...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 09, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

"m" > wrote in message
> Yah I meant that but what happens to the place where they attach the
> chain or what ever they use. My...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 09, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"ben91932" > wrote in message
On Dec 31, 7:25 pm, m > wrote:
> RK Thanks for the...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 09, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"m" > wrote in message
> RK Thanks for the input.
>
> How do they actually pull the frame?
>
> I'm actually a mechanical engineer...
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"m" > wrote in message
> Yes, I'll get an estimate and post it. I have no idea how high it can
> be.
>
> I do know that my daughter...
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Small engine rebuild help/question

"stryped" > wrote in message
>I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The
Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,eunet.esprit
Replies: 11
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Where to place a car bomb in a VW???

On Dec 26, 1:21 pm, Carl Dau > wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm an...
Forum: Technology December 25th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
How many amps should my battery read? Charger gage

"Don Stauffer" > wrote in message

The first question would be: "Is the car computer controlled"?

If so, you need to do a...
Forum: Technology December 16th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ford ranger versus the deer

You might want to take off the bumper, fender and other headlight.

Then take it to a bodyshop that specializes in frame and uni-body repair. So
they can pull it out to the proper...
Forum: Technology December 15th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Anyone ever try to fix a heat/AC swtich (in dash)

"DanKMTB" > wrote in message
On Dec 14, 11:18 pm, "Refinish King" >
Forum: Technology December 15th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Anyone ever try to fix a heat/AC swtich (in dash)

Just the fact that:

The plug is stuck, it sounds like the connectors melted together, to a
certain degree.

This is common, and you can buy a replacement plug, as well as a resistor.

I recommend...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
98 Mercury Grand Marquis Worn Ball Joints Again

Hi Steve:

After a few bad health scares, and a stroke on top of it all.

I might start making some sense one day. :)

RK
"Steve W." > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
98 Mercury Grand Marquis Worn Ball Joints Again

A short arm/long arm Ford product?

It must be ancient, and they did have all kinds of front suspension part
wear problems.

I'm sure your mechanic used a second or third rate front end part,...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
bad smell in car from vandalism

I'm sorry to hear that:

But you supplied a smile for my miserable day.

To the OP, use white vinegar, about 4 gallons of it in the cowl vents. It
will melt the feces, and get the smell out...
Forum: General November 11th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS

There were people in The Bronx, NY:

That had 290's running in the high 11's, a special fond memory was the
Duo-Coil Ignition distributor, that was available for the AMC.

A lot of AMX's and...
Forum: General November 11th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS WILLYS

I've had the pleasure to see them in person:

But, of course that was way back in the 60's.

RK
" krp" > wrote in message
Forum: General November 10th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS

They were an unbelievable engine.

100K miles, and hardly a ridge in the cylinder.

RK
" krp" > wrote in message

> "Refinish King"...
Forum: General November 10th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS

I remember the name of the owner was:

Barney Leckner, on Southern Boulevard in The Bronx.

I was a kid, but I remember Barney till he died, when I was 12, and
everytime my father was looking for a...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS

Hello:

An AMC 390 looked like a Buick motor, as did all the last generation AMC
engines.

The 327 looked unique, with wide cylinder heads, and two phillips bolts
holding on the valve covers.

No...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
ORPHAN CARS

Hello:

I've been following this thread closely. My father worked for a Bronx, N.Y.
Kaiser/PAckard dealer, when he first came from Italy in 1949.

Then was at a few different places until 1961.

He...
Forum: 4x4 November 3rd 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 2
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Jeep Grand Cherokee BIG Oil Plug Bolt Problem

The steel threaded support that is welded in the pan:

Sheet metal does not thread, so the companies that make the oil pans, thread
a piece of thicker steel, into the pan. For the plug to tighten...
Forum: Technology August 28th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Refinish King[_2_]
Great Advantages of a Hydrogen Generator For Car

> wrote in message
On Aug 26, 6:28?am, Don Stauffer in Minnesota >
wrote:
> On Aug...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 78