Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mcewena
Forum: Simulators January 22nd 10, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By mcewena
RSC to be shutdown and archived

On Dec 27 2009, 1:45*am, David_Fletcher > wrote:
> On Dec 26, 4:15*pm, "rcgldr" > wrote:
>
> >http://forum.racesimcentral.com
>
> Sad to read, but perhaps just as...
Forum: Simulators January 22nd 10, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By mcewena
enduracers Endurance Mod League anyone?

On Jan 22, 8:34*am, Uwe > wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:03:42 +0000 (UTC), Uwe wrote:
> > Please follow up here if you're interested in joining, I can provide a
> > server...
Forum: Simulators April 30th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By mcewena
Hosting an unattended GTR2 server (can it be done?)

On Apr 30, 2:32*am, hoover > wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:19:19 -0700 (PDT), mcewena wrote:
> > Any solutions out there or must the server admin always be present to
Forum: Simulators April 29th 09, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By mcewena
Hosting an unattended GTR2 server (can it be done?)

Hi folks,

In Rfactor there's a parm in the multiplayer.ini file called "Pause
While Zero Players" which (when turned off) basically means that the
session clock starts counting down when it's...
Forum: Simulators December 18th 08, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By mcewena
Iracing survey response

I’d appreciate if somebody who’s a current iracing member would re-
post this in their forum:

Hi, I just got the survey asking why I didn’t renew my membership when
the free period ended, and I do...
Forum: Simulators December 18th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By mcewena
Iracing survey response

I’d appreciate if somebody who’s a current iracing member would re-
post this in their forum:

Hi, I just got the survey asking why I didn’t renew my membership when
the free period ended, and I do...
Forum: Simulators August 25th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By mcewena
Regulars fall/winter season starts Sept 4th

The Regulars are returning to our traditional Thursday night slot for
their upcoming SEVENTEENTH season although 15 minutes earlier
(7:15EST) then in the past. The league runs two divisions...
Forum: Simulators July 14th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By mcewena
rfactor cars similar to iRacing?

The F-BMW single seaters (NOT the F1 BMW), or the trainers that come
with rfactor would offer a good introduction to open wheelers.
Neither has the exact power/weight ratio as the Skippies but...
Forum: Simulators November 16th 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
Posted By mcewena
How to drive a race car without spinning out?

> Very true, I see drivers who've been "trying to go quickly" for years still
> fail every week. People have pointed out their errors a thousand times, but
> they're simply not willing to accept one...
Forum: Simulators November 14th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
Posted By mcewena
How to drive a race car without spinning out?

> It drove home the importance of concentrating on 1) line through a
> corner, 2) exit speed and line exiting a corner and 3) not worrying
> too much about braking until you have those other 2 things...
Forum: Simulators November 13th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Nov 13, 10:01 am, "MikeWhy" > wrote:
> I'll second that recommendation. It's an excellent book,

I don't think you need to buy a book to drive these cars.

1) Start slow,...
Forum: Simulators October 19th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By mcewena
Like a Swarm of Lotuses err Locusts

On Oct 18, 9:28 pm, Greg Campbell > wrote:
> Mitch-A wrote:
> > (Snip regurgitated rant.)

Now be fair, there's a good chance the attempted pun in the thread
title was almost...
Forum: Simulators September 6th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By mcewena
"The Regulars" starts 7th year with new season

"The Regulars" have been running since the fall of 2001 and when the
season opens in Mosport Oct 4th it will be our 7th year of running
open wheelers.

We've stuck with low power cars that don't...
Forum: Simulators September 5th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By mcewena
GPL for rF v1.2 spotted in the wild...

On Sep 5, 12:07 pm, "Mika Takala"
> wrote:
> > Are GPLEA still around to *give* their permission?
>
> Their site is still up with contact details and I think they...
Forum: Simulators September 4th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By mcewena
GPL for rF v1.2 spotted in the wild...

On Sep 4, 10:03 am, "Mika Takala"
> wrote:
> > It's not on rFactorcentral.
>
> It might be because they just ripped of GPLEA car models for their mod
> without...
Forum: Simulators August 10th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By mcewena
The "Bitch" cometh

On Aug 10, 12:38 pm, "Bob Loblaw" > wrote:

> It's not a new one; the reply address is the same as Mitch's. He has only
> changed his name to evade the killfiles.

Didn't need to look...
Forum: Simulators August 8th 07, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By mcewena
iRacing Who?

On Aug 7, 9:52 pm, "Steve Blankenship"
<steveNOSPAMblankenshipATcomcast.net> wrote:

> Thing is, there aren't enough of 'em for that to be the only market.

Don't know about that, there's enough of...
Forum: Simulators August 7th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By mcewena
iRacing Who?

> As for their real racing focus, consider this.

Not to mention that community is willing to spend as much on brake
disks & tires every event as a lot of us are willing to spend on our
whole...
Forum: Simulators August 7th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 16
Posted By mcewena
Robbie Gordon drives just like any simracer

> Gordon passed Ambrose then got a bit loose (or was blocking) and Ambrose
> did spin him. I thought that the full course yellow came out about the time

I was at the race (in T1) and the...
Forum: Simulators July 5th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By mcewena
Where'd everyone go?

On Jun 28, 5:58 pm, wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2:29 pm, "Will D" > wrote:
>
> > Ok, so it's been a few years since i've visited r.a.s. regularly, and
> > apparently...
Forum: Simulators June 25th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By mcewena
G25. Opportunity? or just another headache?

On Jun 22, 10:43 pm, "Mike Young" > wrote:

> Just the same, is it worth it? Domestic relationships and all, in addition
> to $170 more than the "plain" Momo? I dabble in...
Forum: Simulators May 23rd 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By mcewena
why EA cant make a good nascar sim

On May 21, 4:30 pm, Darus > wrote:
> Well, I was bitter before when I got suckered on NSR, but
> THIS....well...this looks like money! </sarcasm>
>
> How is even possible that...
Forum: Simulators May 22nd 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By mcewena
The Regulars Summer Series (F-BMW, Megane, V8Factor)

On May 21, 8:02 am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
> Unfortunately, these races take place way too late for us central
> europeans... Racing in the middle of the night on a...
Forum: Simulators May 22nd 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By mcewena
The Regulars Summer Series (F-BMW, Megane, V8Factor)

On May 21, 8:02 am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
> Unfortunately, these races take place way too late for us central
> europeans... Racing in the middle of the night on a...
Forum: Simulators May 15th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By mcewena
The Regulars Summer Series (F-BMW, Megane, V8Factor)

The Regulars are pleased to announce their "all-rfactor" Summer Series
will start June 7th.

As normal, we'll be operating two divisions; drivers are free to enter
one or both divisions. The track...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59