Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geary Morton
Forum: Mazda November 12th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By Geary Morton
Best exterior rubber protector and renewer?

Porsche used to recommend wiping down all door seals and other rubber
with glycerine at least once a year. I remember doing this on my '75
911S years ago and being impressed with how new it made...
Forum: Mazda October 13th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 70
Posted By Geary Morton
1959 Bel Air versus 2009 Malibu - NMC but at least car-related

In article
"Tim M." > wrote:

> They found what they wanted in Indiana. "The frame was sound and...
Forum: Mazda September 2nd 09, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Geary Morton
Rod's Enthuasiats Workshop Manual - Now Online

In article >,
"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> well i suppose my internet is better than your internet ;)
> it certainly works for...
Forum: Mazda September 1st 09, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Geary Morton
Rod's Enthuasiats Workshop Manual - Now Online

The whole book isn't there. Just try paging through it one page at a
time and you'll notice about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pages are missing. To
get the whole thing you must spend!

Apologies for the...
Forum: Mazda August 10th 09, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Geary Morton
2001 SE Wheels

I'm still somewhat on the fence as to whether I'm going to put them on
my car or not. The curb rash is pretty much confined to the very edge
of a couple of the rims (probably the ones that were on...
Forum: Mazda August 7th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Geary Morton
2001 SE Wheels

Thanks, Peter. I have since figured that out. I bought a set of four
locally (Raleigh, NC) and found that having them restored is a fairly
pricey ordeal. Two of them look pretty nice, but the...
Forum: Mazda August 3rd 09, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Geary Morton
2000 Mazda Protege: No brake lights!! Why?

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > "Christopher Muto" > wrote:
> >
> >>it appears that...
Forum: Mazda July 30th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Geary Morton
2001 SE Wheels

Does anyone out there happen to know if the 5-spoke SE wheels that came
on a 2001 are polished or plated? I have a chance to pick up a set at a
good price. Haven't seen them yet, but if there are...
Forum: Mazda June 28th 09, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Geary Morton
torqueing crank bolt

In article
Bruce Haskin > wrote:

> On Jun 27, 12:35*pm, pm > wrote:
> > errrr

Forum: Mazda June 12th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Geary Morton
Miata Soft Top - Food for Thought

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Carbon > wrote:
>
> > I've never lifted the top from outside the car....
Forum: Mazda June 9th 09, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By Geary Morton
Miata Wheels

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> peter > wrote:
>
> > Lanny Chambers wrote:
> >> In article...
Forum: Mazda May 28th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Geary Morton
Check engine light on....

In article
Xegunda > wrote:

> I have an 03 Miata. I am getting 3 codes.
> P0010
> P0335
> P0462
>
> Car runs...
Forum: Mazda May 7th 09, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Geary Morton
Hand Brake Release Indicator Switch

In article >,
"Mik" > wrote:

> Where is this switch located. My hand brake light is on all the time now. It
> was intermittant...
Forum: Mazda May 6th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 0
Posted By Geary Morton
FS: White NB Instrument Cluster

If anyone's looking, I have a fairly pristine '03 white cluster on ebay.

Item # 130304719960

I decided to stay with black.

--Geary
Forum: Mazda May 4th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 43
Posted By Geary Morton
OMG! New Mazda Grills

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> As much as I love the PRHT, I would still take a NC ragtop from 2007 or
> 2008 over this smiley-face 2009...
Forum: Mazda May 2nd 09, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 43
Posted By Geary Morton
OMG! New Mazda Grills

Are they just plain hideous, or is that just my imagination?

I decided to cruise the lot at my local Mazda dealership, just to take a
gander at the new models, and I was really disappointed -...
Forum: Mazda April 16th 09, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Geary Morton
Install NB Factory Cruise Control

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Man, I need to do that. It looks like a pretty serious project. I can't
> focus on it...
Forum: Mazda April 14th 09, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Geary Morton
A new one! Camry wiring problem (NMC)

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I have checked the fuses and they look fine and have checked my splice
> connections and everything looks...
Forum: Mazda April 14th 09, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Geary Morton
Install NB Factory Cruise Control

I just finished installing the factory cruise control in my '99 (NB)
Miata and thought I would share some observations about installing the
various components in an NB that differ somewhat from...
Forum: Mazda April 11th 09, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Geary Morton
Door Speakers

In article >,
wrote:

> In article >,

Forum: Mazda April 9th 09, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Geary Morton
Selling 04 Miata Mazdaspeed with 130,000 miles $8500 OBO

In article
RepoRealEstateInvestor > wrote:

> Silver with good tires and New BLUE CLOTH TOP. Needs fan belts...
Forum: Mazda April 4th 09, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Geary Morton
EGR Solenoid Valve

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Geary Morton > wrote:
>
> > I called the dealer, and they get around $100 with tax...
Forum: Mazda April 1st 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Geary Morton
EGR Solenoid Valve

After much investigating, testing hoses, wiring, etc., I have concluded
that the P0106 (barometric) error code on my '99 must be due to a
defective EGR boost solenoid valve that sits atop the...
Forum: Mazda March 31st 09, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Geary Morton
Steering Wheel Compatibility

> > "Geary Morton" > wrote in message
> >> I'm wondering if an '01 steering wheel can be used on a '99? Will the
Forum: Mazda March 31st 09, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Yes, yes, yes! 99 thru 05 are directly compatible, I'm quite sure.

Thanks, Chris! I picked up a pretty wooden wheel off an '01 SE on ebay...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44