Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Howard Lester
Forum: Honda June 18th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Howard Lester
Honda Odyssey - THE VAN THAT CAN

>"ACAR" wrote

>>On Jun 14, 10:43 pm, "Arlene C/New Orleans Crime Examiner"
> wrote:
>> Here's a great post from my favorite Honda sales
Forum: Honda May 3rd 09, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Howard Lester
'05 Civic touch up paint question

"Tegger" wrote

> Plus the genuine Honda touchup paint will come in the /exact/ color your
> car is painted.

Right. I've got a bottle of Taffeta White that's lasted me through three
Hondas...
Forum: Honda April 19th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 138
Posted By Howard Lester
Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

"Nate Nagel" wrote

> It sounds like the noise you complain of is mostly tire noise, yes? Might
> be able to get some better tires and make that go away. Some tread
> patterns are just simply...
Forum: Honda April 19th 09, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 138
Posted By Howard Lester
Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

"Nate Nagel" wrote

> If I have to spend hours of my day trapped in a rolling box, I might as
> well enjoy it, rather than making it feel like a chore...

...which is why I bought a 2004 Accord...
Forum: Honda November 11th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By Howard Lester
New brakes on a 08 Accord with 27K miles???

"zonie" wrote

>I can. We have an '04 Acoord EX. The rear pads were gone at 28000 mi.

Mine, too, and my warning was also the screeching-while-still-moving.
(Mine's also an '04 Accord EX.)

Just...
Forum: Honda September 20th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Howard Lester
Unevevn tire wear

"Bob Jones" wrote

> Is this more likely caused by toe-in or one of the tires being
> underinflated (leaking)? Had to spend $800 for a new set of tires and
> alignment 8-(

It could be caused by...
Forum: Honda September 12th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 23
Posted By Howard Lester
Tegger changes his shocks

First you get a new cat named "Walker" to replace Rusty, and now you're
finally changing your socks.

What's next?? New belt and suspenders?

;-)
Forum: Honda July 25th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Howard Lester
The New Accord!

> wrote

> While this is true, I think it has grown to the point of being obese
> and this is what the OP is trying to point out. It is almost in Avalon
> and 300 territory, and...
Forum: Honda May 20th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By Howard Lester
Maint. req. light/timing belt

"L Alpert" wrote

>>> I'm not sure why anyone would bring an 8-year old car to the dealer
>>> for anything.

>> Because they do a good job and know how to work on 8 year old
>> brand-specific...
Forum: Honda February 24th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Howard Lester
Small hole too close to sidewall...

"Tegger" wrote

> You don't have to replace all four, just the two on that axle. Just make
> sure the replacements have a tread pattern fairly similar to the
> originals.

Agreed. And the good one...
Forum: Honda February 3rd 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Howard Lester
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Avalon1178" wrote

>> Why the resistance to following it?

> Who said I'm not gonna follow it? Can't you read my original
question? A simple "yes" or "no" is all I'm looking for. Geez, did...
Forum: Honda February 3rd 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Howard Lester
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Avalon1178" wrote

> but the 2008 civic you basically have to rely on the
reminder whether your oil is 15% or 10% etc. It doesn't say in the
manual the recommended time to replace the oil (i.e....
Forum: Honda December 27th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 39
Posted By Howard Lester
OEM Online Honda Parts Sites

"jim beam" wrote

>> Remember, if you will, that the OP said that he had no obligation to pay
>> the tax himself. He is obliged to pay it. As you have pointed out, the
>> merchant selling to...
Forum: Honda December 13th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Howard Lester
2003 Accord Brake Pad Minimums

Looking at the service records on my '04, 2mm appears to be when they need
to be replaced. One time mine were recorded at 7mm, another time 6mm, and
the service people never recommended...
Forum: Honda December 11th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 26
Posted By Howard Lester
First Oil Change Suggestions

"Tegger" wrote

>>> Even though you took it over, I still like it and appreciate the link...
>>

>> That's really got to make Tegger feel good... ;-)

> John Ings passed away of lung cancer a...
Forum: Honda December 10th 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 26
Posted By Howard Lester
First Oil Change Suggestions

"Polfus" wrote

>> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

> Even though you took it over, I still like it and appreciate the link...

That's really got to make Tegger feel good... ;-)
Forum: Honda October 5th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester
New Tires

"Robert A. Cunningham" wrote

> The current issue of Consumer Reports (available at your local newstand
> now) has an extensive test of dozens of automobile tires, with their
> respective...
Forum: Honda October 5th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 53
Posted By Howard Lester
2008 Accord

"AZ Nomad" wrote

>>Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord?

> No, it's amazing. Not one person anywhere, including honda has ever
> tried to drive it.

:-)
Forum: Honda August 11th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Howard Lester
Honda sun visor surgery

"HaroldWho" wrote

> Thanks for the momories, guys. (Was that a song cue?)

Hit it, Bob!

Thanks... for the memory.
Of sentimental verse, nothing in my purse.
And chuckles when the preacher said...
Forum: Honda August 11th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Howard Lester
Honda sun visor surgery

"Tegger" wrote

>> "It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
>> Except you and meeeeee....."

> ...so set 'em up Joe,
> I've got a little story you ought to know,
> We're drinking...
Forum: Honda August 11th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Howard Lester
Honda sun visor surgery

"Tegger" wrote

> <snip blah blah blah>
>

> I forgot to thank everyone for coming.
>
> Refreshments are served just outside the door. The place closes at 11.

"It's a quarter to three.... there's...
Forum: Honda July 4th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By Howard Lester
Hiding a spare key under the car

"Rick Blaine" wrote

>> I carry two keys at all times: one is the "remote" key on its own fob;
>> the other is the valet key, which is kept on the ring with the house
>> keys. Can't miss that...
Forum: Honda July 4th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By Howard Lester
Hiding a spare key under the car

"Tegger" wrote

> Since I disabled my "key in" warning chime (13 years ago) I have not
> locked
> myself out once. Did it three times prior to that.
>
> When you have no net, you learn to hang on...
Forum: Honda June 9th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester
Shaking in steering wheel when braking 05 accord

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote

>> But he did specify that the vibrations occur only while braking... ?

> Which CAN be caused by a bad tire...

To clarify: wouldn't the above referenced bad tire...
Forum: Honda June 7th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda