Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: StephenW
Forum: Honda March 19th 08, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By StephenW
299,931 miles! NOW 300,000!

Congrats Tegger!
Your dedccation to this car is inspiring; most don't give that much effort
to their marrage.
But it makes sence. I drive a donated 96 Suzuki Esteem. I'm going to do
everything I...
Forum: Honda March 3rd 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By StephenW
Small hole too close to sidewall...

As with the others I agree. no repair. the rule of thumb at the last job was
1/2 inch (or was it 1/4?). Anyway, the tire shops have there level of
liability to watch out for. Reasonable, a good...
Forum: Technology February 3rd 08, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By StephenW
(Subaru) Now, this is an interesting page...

All head gaskets at work are done in-car; several tricks make it easier. BUT
they are done from the bottom. IF I were to do a head gasket at home (or a
clutch) I would pull the engine. That is not...
Forum: Honda January 10th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By StephenW
Door

probally the inside handle broke. You have to remove the door panel to see.
Then replace whatever is broke,

--
Steve
ASE Master Tech

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:41:52 +0000, StephenW wrote:
>
>> This is a condensed version of pulling heads in...
Forum: Technology December 12th 07, 06:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By StephenW
BHG, 97 Subaru, PT 3...

This is a condensed version of pulling heads in car on a rack.

drain coolant
cooling fans off Timing belt assy off, radiator stays.
Bolts holding intake manifold off, lift manifold up and put wood...
Forum: Technology December 11th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By StephenW
Overheating Subaru Legacy AWD wagon, part 2...(What a neat test!)

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> So...
>
> I had today off since there was no work (thank God or whatever deity you
> subscribe to, since...
Forum: Technology December 11th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By StephenW
BHG, 97 Subaru, PT 3...

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> Hmmmm...anyone have any easy way to change the head gaskets on a '97 Suby
> Legacy wagon?
>
> The car is in...
Forum: Honda October 30th 07, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By StephenW
'96 Odyssey - Massive oil leak

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> ThomasE wrote:
>> A neighbor and good friend has a massive engine oil leak on a ’96...
Forum: Honda October 21st 07, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

> I bought a ball joint (tapered fit blah blah) separator tool a couple of
> years ago and like it. However, last month at the junkyard, while going
> after a control arm and not having the...
Forum: Honda October 15th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

> as were all the bearings after you brinelled them...
>
> use the correct freakin' tool and do what it says in the freakin' book.
> people don't bother to write procedures just so morons with 4lb...
Forum: Honda October 15th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

Did a all data search, Honda shows the neat little tool for removing ball
joints, but Subaru says "seperate ball joint" with no instructions. I'll go
by the Honda Shop and ask how they do it, in...
Forum: Honda October 15th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

> please don't. it's extremely bad practice and is guaranteed to f-up when
> done by an amateur. especially on something older that's had a chance to
> rust and seize.

I watch it being done...
Forum: Honda October 15th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "StephenW" > wrote in
Forum: Honda October 13th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenW
Hello Again... I'm back....

Been out of the newsgroup thing for a while, I moved from a desktop computer
to a laptop, and have difficultied getting the laptop to read news groups
when both at work (wifi) and here at home...
Forum: Honda August 10th 07, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By StephenW
unable to align 98 Honda Civic?

the op didn't say what was red, I assume camber due to the suggestion of the
kit. I agree, the frame shop is the correct way, but many want the cheap
way. that what the camber kit offers. I've used...
Forum: Honda August 8th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By StephenW
unable to align 98 Honda Civic?

I worked at Firestone for 4.5 years, and understand what the tech ran into.
Most shops cannot measure a frame and something is worn or bent to cause the
"red". The easiest way is a camber kit, it...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17