Showing results 1 to 25 of 171
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bert Hyman
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 12, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bert Hyman
Not a Jetta wagon to be found!

In "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

> Have you gained any rattles or squeaks? I saw a complaint or two
> on TDIclub and I've developed an...
Forum: Saturn May 10th 11, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Bert Hyman
Bert Hyman-SATURN DEFENDER, former Yugo salesman

In (Doug
Miller) wrote:

> In article >, Bert Hyman
Forum: Saturn May 10th 11, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

" > wrote:

> Your profile

Profile? What "profile?"

But then, you're an...
Forum: Saturn May 9th 11, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Bert Hyman
WARNING- What the...?

In

" > wrote:

> Do you have stock in Saturn Corp.?

Saturn Corp? What's that?

But...
Forum: Saturn May 9th 11, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Bert Hyman
All Metal Key

In Aldorus
> wrote:

> I have a Saturn Ion 2007 with the standard key. You know the type:
> half metal - half rubber/plastic...
Forum: Saturn April 19th 11, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Bert Hyman
WARNING- What the...?

In "Oppie" >
wrote:

> You trying to drive Saturn out of business or something? Oh, wait....
> never mind.
> Danger is my middle name.

You...
Forum: VW water cooled April 5th 11, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bert Hyman
Slowly oscillating temp gauge

In PeterD > wrote:

> On 4/4/2011 2:07 PM, LM wrote:
>> "Bert > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 11, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bert Hyman
1.8T: Slowly oscillating temp gauge

2002 Passat GLS wagon, 1.8T, automatic.

Starting just this morning, the car warms up to the normal indicated
190F but from then on slowly drops to about 150F, slowly climbs back to
190F, and...
Forum: Saturn March 11th 11, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 21
Posted By Bert Hyman
Wiper ball and socket fix

In "Oppie" >
wrote:

> "IYM" <"S U N > wrote in message
>> Bert Hyman...
Forum: Saturn February 27th 11, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 21
Posted By Bert Hyman
What the...?

In Fred >
wrote:

> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> In >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Oppie...
Forum: Saturn February 26th 11, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 21
Posted By Bert Hyman
What the...?

In Fred >
wrote:

> Oppie wrote:
>>
>> No idea what happened. Just saw multiple copies of the one message
>> sent. Sorry about that.
Forum: VW water cooled January 3rd 11, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Bert Hyman
The Passat is passé ...

In the US anyway.

We get some non-descript, yet-to-be-named, "New Midsize Sedan."

And, it looks like I was among the last to know.

Since it appears to be solely for the US/Canadian market, there...
Forum: VW water cooled December 27th 10, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Bert Hyman
A note from the "Oil Sludge Settlement Administrator"

Received a packet of information from the "Oil Sludge Settlement
Administrator" including a notice of a proposed settlement of a class
action lawsuit regarding the sludge problem affecting the 1.8T...
Forum: Driving November 27th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Replies: 464
Posted By Bert Hyman
Bush and Cheney are traitors and war criminals

In "JerryD\(upstateNY\)"
> wrote:

><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META name=GENERATOR...
Forum: Driving July 14th 10, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime
Replies: 21
Posted By Bert Hyman
Time to ban all TOYS from cars

In "Heroic Drivers
Darwinize 40,000 Idiots Per Year" > wrote:

> SFB spewed:
>
>>No more radios
>
><< snip crap >>
>
> Who...
Forum: VW water cooled May 29th 10, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Bert Hyman
Vague class-action lawsuit notices

In "LG" > wrote:

> the recall for this includes clearing the drain hoses.

There's no recall, at least not for my Passat, merely INSTRUCTIONS...
Forum: VW water cooled May 28th 10, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Bert Hyman
Vague class-action lawsuit notices

In Moe >
wrote:

> Leaking front sunroof drains

Not leaking, but blocked.

If it's the same notice I received, the only thing you'll get...
Forum: VW water cooled May 10th 10, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Bert Hyman
Multi-million dollar class action lawsuit

.... and all I got was a one-page update to my owner's manual.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Forum: Driving May 2nd 10, 09:06 PM Posted to tx.guns,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,alt.gossip.celebrities

[posted and mailed]

On 02 May 2010, you wrote in tx.guns:

> First of all, IMO, to become a natural born citizen, one, or both
> parents must be within the county LEGALLY!

Well, your opinion...
Forum: Saturn March 21st 10, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Bert Hyman
rebadging dealerships

In "Oppie" >
wrote:

> Passed by Saturn of White Plains (NY) today. The familiar Saturn logo
> was replaced by a temporary 'Buick GMC'...
Forum: Driving February 26th 10, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 34
Posted By Bert Hyman
Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses

In Scott in SoCal
> wrote:

> As I often say, the only time most 4x4s go off-road is when they are
> in the owner's...
Forum: Driving February 26th 10, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa

N8N > wrote:

> On Feb 26, 8:24*am, Brent > wrote:
>> On 2010-02-26, E...
Forum: VW water cooled February 16th 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bert Hyman
Is my expereince unique? 2003 Passat

In Art Greenberg
> wrote:

> I also do not have a feel for what kind of things to expect from this
> car at this stage in its...
Forum: VW water cooled February 16th 10, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bert Hyman
Is my expereince unique? 2003 Passat

In Art Greenberg
> wrote:

> I feel like I'm being robbed at gunpoint.

It sounds like you don't trust your dealer's service...
Forum: Driving January 25th 10, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Replies: 41
Posted By Bert Hyman
A new threshold for DUI crossed....

In Frito Pendejo