Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stuart H.
Forum: Mazda November 19th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Stuart H.
BMW Mechanics

wrote:
> I am looking for a trusted bmw mechanic to look at my 2000 328i BMW.
> The car currently has 87,000 miles. The service engine light came on
> and I know some of the hoses...
Forum: Mazda October 27th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By Stuart H.
Convertible Top Cover (Boot)

Iva wrote:

> I don't mind the heat in the summer, although I do mind the
> humidty, but I really Do Not Like
> that-word-for-frozen-precipitation. (Can't say *that* word or it
> will hear me!)...
Forum: Mazda October 13th 08, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuart H.
How many Miatas have you owned?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Hey, last time I thought this group was getting WAY too quiet, I started
> a thread on where the participants were / are. I was shocked how many
> people were still hanging...
Forum: VW water cooled October 9th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuart H.
2006 Jetta center brake light out

Chris wrote:
SNIP

>> If the weather has changed recently, you HAVE checked your tire air
>> pressures, haven't you? ;)
>>
>> Mark
>
> The adventure continues.

Forum: Mazda August 11th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By Stuart H.
Who's here?

Carol wrote:
> I agree about the NC - it's not what I always thought of about my two past
> NBs - it's not a "down and dirty" roaster. But it IS a Miata (OK OK it's an
> MX-5) in the greater sense...
Forum: VW water cooled August 5th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Stuart H.
How to change outside temp reading from Celcius to Fahrenheit2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI VR6???

nutso fasst wrote:
> "dave AKA vwdoc1" wrote:
>> OK this car used to show the outside temperature in the dash in
> Fahrenheit,
>> but after some a/c work it shows it in Celcius now.
>>
>> How to set...
Forum: Mazda July 8th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Stuart H.
Where is fuse block in 2003?

pws wrote:
> No question, though crank windows have problems too, they do seem to be
> more reliable and longer-lasting than power units. Crank windows will
> never fail because of a dirty...
Forum: Mazda June 29th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Stuart H.
Check it out!

XS11E wrote:
> Here's a Miata featuring the very rare BF Goodwrench tires!
>
> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/735913581.html

I am so glad its "tite" is clean. They are so hard to get at and...
Forum: Mazda June 25th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Stuart H.
test

XS11E wrote:
> [posted and mailed]

SNIP

>> Don't bother and respond, because I am putting you on IGNORE!
>
> Yup, I figured you weren't very knowledgeable about Usenet, now you
> prove...
Forum: Mazda May 12th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By Stuart H.
Time for New Tires on the NC. Ideas?

John McGaw wrote:
> XS11E wrote:
>> "Iva" > wrote:
>>
>>> You might want to take a few moments to look at tirerack.com -
>>> they'll give you a *lot* of suggestions for new tires.

Forum: Mazda May 11th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

George Jetson wrote:
> I got 27k out of my OEM Michelins and was driving on the tread wear bars for
> the last 7k. Replaced them last week with 215/45R17 General Altimax HP's. So
> far liking them...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Stuart H.
Help. My engine runs 'lumpy'

ukdodger via CarKB.com wrote:
> VW Passat Estate 1800CL 1985
>
> I took the head off and had it skimmed, adjusted the valve clearences with
> new shims and reassembled the engine. It starts but runs...
Forum: VW water cooled March 24th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuart H.
2005 Jetta oil consumption

631grant wrote:
> "Yes 1qt every 2000 miles is normal for a German engine."
> Let me quickly comment - b__s___t! My 97 Jetta has 165,000 miles on the
> engine and it uses no oil between changes. ...
Forum: VW water cooled February 2nd 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 25
Posted By Stuart H.
Radiator volume? 1985 Passat 1800cc 4cyl

Jim Behning wrote:
> It isn't just anti-freeze. it is also anti-boil. It offers corrosion
> resistance. Not running corrosion inhibitors in a water cooled engine
> is folly. If you do not want to run...
Forum: VW water cooled January 11th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By Stuart H.
Who's left on here who's an ardent VW driver.

none2u wrote:
> I'm surprised Usenet is still here. AOL and some others dropped it. So I'm
> starting this off by trying to see who's left on here. none2 you, (fake
> name) Old VW fanatic, Second...
Forum: VW water cooled December 25th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Stuart H.
2000 New Beetle GS: Heat/AC Lights are out

gassyal wrote:
> Hi group:
>
> My wife's 2000 New Beetle GS has the lights out in the heating-air
> conditioning module on the dash board.
>
> During night driving, without the lights, it's very...
Forum: VW water cooled November 27th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Stuart H.
My GTI is talking French now -- help!

PeterD wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:26:53 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>> My 2001 GTI VR6 now says, "Attacher Ceinture" sometimes when I start
>> it. ...
Forum: VW water cooled November 27th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

PeterD wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:26:53 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>> My 2001 GTI VR6 now says, "Attacher Ceinture" sometimes when I start
>> it. ...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18