Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Heron
Forum: Technology September 11th 12, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Heron
GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

"Existential Angst" > wrote in message
> "Heron" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology September 11th 12, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Heron
GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

"Existential Angst" > wrote in message

> You have apparently fallen for the con, hook line and sinker.
> Along with bicycle helmets, and...
Forum: Technology September 11th 12, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Heron
GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

"Existential Angst" > wrote in message
> "Heron" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology September 11th 12, 03:11 AM Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Heron
GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

"Existential Angst" > wrote in message
> "jon_banquer" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology September 2nd 12, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Technology August 30th 12, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"jim" > wrote in message

Heron wrote:

> Brake Fluid Sediment Caused by Rubber Cups
Forum: Technology August 29th 12, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:49:42 -0500, "Heron" >
> wrote:
>
>>Clean...
Forum: Technology August 29th 12, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:49:34 -0500, jim >
> wrote:
>
> No...
Forum: Technology August 27th 12, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"Heron" > wrote in message

> And yet the interior of every aged steel wheel cylinder (that I've
> witnessed) seems to corrode and pit mainly...
Forum: Technology August 27th 12, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Heron
brake line rust

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 07:55:28 -0500, jim >
Forum: Technology August 20th 12, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Heron
headlight washers

> wrote in message
> Under what circumstances are headlight washers become useful?

Two conditions are required to be...
Forum: Technology August 20th 12, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Heron
decode marketing accumulatorspeak for me please

> wrote in message
>
>> However the brushless PMA "generator" is not uncom-
>>
>> monly utilized for those latter...
Forum: Technology August 20th 12, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Heron
decode marketing accumulatorspeak for me please

> wrote in message
>>
>> Permanent magnet alternators are very common on motorcycles. I can't
>> think
>>
>> of one car...
Forum: Technology August 16th 12, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Mark Olson" > wrote in message
> On 08/16/2012 10:35 AM, Heron wrote:
Forum: Technology August 16th 12, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"AMuzi" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Technology August 16th 12, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Kevin Bottorff" > wrote in message
> (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:k0irgd$hpi$1
> @panix2.panix.com:
>
>> AD ...
Forum: Technology August 13th 12, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Heron
Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

"no way" > wrote in message
On Aug 13, 5:01 am, AD > wrote:
> I had the gearbox...
Forum: Audi August 13th 12, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 19

"no way" > wrote in message
On Aug 13, 5:01 am, AD > wrote:
> I had the gearbox...
Forum: Technology August 7th 12, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Heron
chem test

"Bill" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>...there is no direct...
Forum: Technology August 7th 12, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Heron
chem test

"Paul in Houston TX" > wrote in message
> Don Byrer wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 20:01:51 -0700, jim beam > wrote:

Forum: Technology August 6th 12, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Heron
'89 Civic Transmission Reassembly

> wrote in message
> A while ago I removed the tranny from my '89 Civic to repair the clutch,
> and while it was...
Forum: Technology August 6th 12, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Heron
half-shaft replacement, ATF loss? ('04 Cavalier)

"Paul in Houston TX" > wrote in message
> George wrote:
>> Our '04 Cavalier automatic has what sounds like a failing CV joint. This
>> car does not...
Forum: Technology August 5th 12, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"George" > wrote in message
> Our '04 Cavalier automatic has what sounds like a failing CV joint. This
> car does not have a...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 12, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Heron
EGR valve

"mark" > wrote in message
> Should the valve STAY open when maintaining revs at 2000-3000rpm, engine
> at operating temp, trans in...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 12, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Heron
At home wheel balancing

"Heron" > wrote in message