Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Honda July 27th 12, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

jim beam > wrote:
> :( indeed. and that's why i still do that kind of work myself. it's
> better to have a 20t a-frame press sitting out in the garage idle most
> of the time than...
Forum: Honda July 17th 12, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

wrote:

> The Honda should be fixed tomorrow, if the parts have arrived.

I took the Honda in, intact, to the auto shop.
I was going to take the knuckle off and have them do the...
Forum: Honda July 16th 12, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

jim beam > wrote:
> you could still do this stud if you're prepared to cut out a hole in the
> disk's splash guard. they're not structural, and once the stud is

I would be willing...
Forum: Honda July 9th 12, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

jim beam > wrote:
> those so-called "impact drivers" are little better than screwdrivers -

The 30 year old one that I misplaced didn't transmit any torque last time I
used it. It...
Forum: Honda July 1st 12, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

jim beam > wrote:
> i haven't done this job on a 2003, but on other civics, you just remove
> the brake caliper, then the brake disk, and that gives you enough room
> to press the...
Forum: Honda June 25th 12, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

jim beam > wrote:
> it's very important to press it out, not hammer it - hammering brinell's
> the bearings. you can usually rent a press from your local flaps, or
> you can make...
Forum: Honda June 25th 12, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

Tegger > wrote:
> Can you link to the videos you saw? It may help in explaining the specifics.

The cleanest one about the "grinding" thing was the stupidest one.
A lot of nose...
Forum: Honda June 25th 12, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

wrote:
> I don't see how to get the stud out of the rotor. It looks like two bolts

I looked at some Youtube videos, and they all make it sound as easy as I
wanted it to be. ...
Forum: Honda June 25th 12, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Civic lug studs

143,000 miles on my 2003 Civic.
Time to replace the original front brake pads.

Unfortunately, the gorillas that put tires on at 140,000 seem to have
ruined one of my lug studs. I think they torqued...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9