Showing results 1 to 25 of 492
Search took 7.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dizzy
Forum: BMW March 15th 14, 11:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy
E46 323i no reverse update

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> > wrote:
>>I've experienced the No Reverse issue and researched it the best I could be=
>>fore I bit the bullet for the repair. I have the GM Tranny,...
Forum: BMW February 16th 14, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By dizzy
PIC: Leaked: The BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

>"decline of sportiness"
>
>Yes BMW's have ABS brakes, so they don't slide when you brake in the wet -
>that's why I bought my first 735i in 1985*.
>Yes BMW's have DSC so...
Forum: BMW February 15th 14, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

>Saw one of those 6 Gran Coupes in the wild the other day.
>
>Looks nice, but I dare say it is a bit cramped and difficult to get in and
>out of.

I saw one at the dealer,...
Forum: BMW October 13th 13, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy
E46 323i no reverse update

Some of you may recall that a few months back I reported that my 2000
323i (inevitably) developed the "no reverse" problem. Fortunately for
me, my car was built before March 2000, so has the GM...
Forum: BMW August 21st 13, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By dizzy
1971 BMW 2800CS for sale

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

> wrote
>>
>> On Thursday, July 16, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Roxanne Edwards wrote:
>>> The car is located in Toronto, Canada.
>>> A beauty to behold!...
Forum: BMW June 1st 13, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy
Argh! Tranny gone bad

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>dizzy > wrote:
>>Well, after 12 years of mostly problem-free service, my 2000 323 has
>>succumbed to the dreaded "no reverse" problem. Damn it. I was...
Forum: BMW November 5th 11, 01:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By dizzy
Replacing E30 control arms and bushings

wrote:

>If you had access to a lift, it would be really easy.

Yes, that would be *very* convenient, at times. I wonder what one of
them costs. 8)

Good post.

wrote:

>If you had access to a lift, it would be really easy.

Yes, that would be *very* convenient, at times. I wonder what one of
them costs. 8)

Good post.
Forum: BMW October 22nd 11, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy
What about "manual" do they not understand?

AD wrote:

>it's for the kids who don't know what the left pedal is for and jam
>the transmission into
>gear.
>bmw usa does not want adults in the states to drive this

I really don't see the...

AD wrote:

>it's for the kids who don't know what the left pedal is for and jam
>the transmission into
>gear.
>bmw usa does not want adults in the states to drive this

I really don't see the...
Forum: BMW October 5th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By dizzy
What about "manual" do they not understand?

For the first time I drove a car with one of the new "dual clutch"
semi-auto trannies. A 135. It was decent, but I was disappointed to
discover that if you give it some gas, it will...
Forum: BMW October 5th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy
What about "manual" do they not understand?

For the first time I drove a car with one of the new "dual clutch"
semi-auto trannies. A 135. It was decent, but I was disappointed to
discover that if you give it some gas, it will...
Forum: BMW September 28th 11, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By dizzy
rotor and pad replacement on a Z3

frischmoutt wrote:

>Gentlemen,
>
>The pads have 70 000 km on them and rotors are the original ones with 150
>000 km on them.
>It's time to replace them althougn the lamps are not on yet.
>
>I...
Forum: BMW August 26th 11, 04:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By dizzy
Changing key options (e38)

Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:

>On my 528i ... the new key in process so as to get the alarm system
>working is thus.

You suppose anyone reads your gibberish?

Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:

>On my 528i ... the new key in process so as to get the alarm system
>working is thus.

You suppose anyone reads your gibberish?
Forum: BMW August 23rd 11, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 24
Posted By dizzy
e39 rotor recommendation

brumbrum wrote:

>Why not buying original BMW?

That's what I do, for disks. You save huge on labor, doing it
yourself, so why not?

PBR Deluxe pads are low dust and are much easier on the...

brumbrum wrote:

>Why not buying original BMW?

That's what I do, for disks. You save huge on labor, doing it
yourself, so why not?

PBR Deluxe pads are low dust and are much easier on the...
Forum: BMW July 27th 11, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By dizzy
10 simple things To keep BMW running and looking good

Tom K. wrote:

>"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
>
>>Such hard work to drive and with separate controls for each side that
>>doubles the workload...

Ha. I hadn't thought of that.

>Actually, I believe...
Forum: BMW July 27th 11, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17

Tom K. wrote:

>"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
>
>>Such hard work to drive and with separate controls for each side that
>>doubles the workload...

Ha. I hadn't thought of that.

>Actually, I believe...
Forum: BMW July 27th 11, 11:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Tom K. wrote:

>I suspect not as my '99 E46 did not. But it's easy to check as the A/C
>(snowflake) button will light up when the compressor is called for. Also,
>my '99 would always default to...
Forum: BMW July 21st 11, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

nadia wrote:

>resource: http://superiorvehiclerepair.com/bmw-repair-diy-that-easy-to-do.html

While I could bicker about a few things, those are actually some good
points.

A bet a lot of people...
Forum: BMW July 11th 11, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy
TOP GEAR REVIEWS THE BMW 1 SERIES M COUPE

DAS wrote:

>Dizzy's wish is granted:
>
>116 - 204 HP
>
>http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesandspecifications/0,,1156_181232016__bs-MQ%3D%3D%40bb-S08wNw%3D%3D,00.html
>
>Scroll down to 1M.

Forum: BMW July 11th 11, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Dean Dark wrote:

>FWD can work very, very well in small, light cars. Do you remember
>how Minis whipped and stomped all over Jaguar's arse in saloon car
>racing in the early 60s? How do you...
Forum: BMW July 10th 11, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw