Showing results 1 to 25 of 85
Search took 1.45 seconds.
Forum: Technology December 29th 14, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Carburetor fuel cut solenoid questio (1986 Corolla FWD)

On Sunday, December 28, 2014 1:55:39 PM UTC-7, Sanity Clause wrote:
> > wrote:
>
> > I managed to mix up the two fuel cut solenoids in the carb,
> > and unfortunately they...
Forum: Technology December 27th 14, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Carburetor fuel cut solenoid questio (1986 Corolla FWD)

I managed to mix up the two fuel cut solenoids in the carb,
and unfortunately they fit perfectly either way.

Which solenoid goes near the choke coil spring and throttle cable?
The factory manual...
Forum: Technology December 11th 14, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota carburetor (Aisan) question

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:35:13 AM UTC-7, Steve W. wrote:
> wrote:
> > I have a 1986 Corolla FWD 4-door, and the carburetor is missing the
> > coil spring (Toyota...
Forum: Technology December 11th 14, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota carburetor (Aisan) question

I have a 1986 Corolla FWD 4-door, and the carburetor is missing the
coil spring (Toyota #21865-15230) from the vacuum-operated auxiliary
accelerator pump (AAP), which uses a rubber diaphram instead...
Forum: Technology December 28th 10, 12:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
In defense of the Chevrolet Vega

Vic Smith wrote:

> VW sold a lot of Rabbits that started burning oil right away.
> >
> >VW put in valve seals made of a type of rubber that would wear quickly
> >and make the engine burn a quart...
Forum: Technology December 27th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech

Vic Smith wrote:
> There was plenty of junk around in the 70's.
> Not just GM junk.
> The Vega was just worst than most others.
> I got through the 70's with only one serious car problem.
> With a...
Forum: Technology March 31st 10, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
91 Explorer A/C parts, what's the difference between parts marked"From 4/91" and "To 4/91"?

runderwo wrote:
>What's in the truck currently is a FS10 compressor marked "R-12 or
>R-134a", an accumulator marked XH-7, and hoses marked "Barrier Hose".
>So the conversion was...
Forum: Technology January 22nd 10, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Trivia Q: What's the REAL reason for the weep hole on water pumpsnouts?

:

>> Hint - it has nothing to do with water leaking.
>>

>I was told it was to protect the...
Forum: Technology December 3rd 09, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Static on AM band of car radio

nccft wrote:
> With the engine running on my 97' Nissan Sentra I get static on the AM
> radio band; FM is OK. When engine is not running, everything is fine.
> Can anybody suggest a solution?

The...
Forum: Technology May 17th 09, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Duralube, slick50, lubegard

Admin wrote:
> I had used duralube a number of years ago and had found it does
> improve on the mileage.

Yes, you did, but no, you did not.
Forum: Chrysler December 31st 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

HLS wrote:

> I dont know what the multiple spark discharge systems do. Are they CD, or
> something else?

They're usually ordinary flyback systems, just like points systems. I
never saw a CD...
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

HLS wrote:

> I dont know what the multiple spark discharge systems do. Are they CD, or
> something else?

They're usually ordinary flyback systems, just like points systems. I
never saw a CD...
Forum: Chrysler December 31st 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Jack wrote:

> 1987 Dodge Dakota 3.9L carbed
>
> I recently posted on rec.autos.tech about the problems I was having with
> an MSD 5900 Blaster ignition and an MSD 8202 Baster 2 coil. It seems I
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Jack wrote:

> 1987 Dodge Dakota 3.9L carbed
>
> I recently posted on rec.autos.tech about the problems I was having with
> an MSD 5900 Blaster ignition and an MSD 8202 Baster 2 coil. It seems I
Forum: Technology December 30th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
MSD ignition causing stumble on acceleration

Jack wrote:
> > wrote:

> So know I am thinking that perhaps bigger main jets or bigger idle jets
> might alleviate the stumble from a dead stop, but it still doesn't...
Forum: Technology December 29th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Jack wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> I recently installed an MSD 5900 Blaster ignition and an 8202 Blaster 2
> coil on my carbed Dakota V6.
> >
> > Why? Stock ignition systems...
Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Jack wrote:

> I recently installed an MSD 5900 Blaster ignition and an 8202 Blaster 2
> coil on my carbed Dakota V6.

Why? Stock ignition systems since the days when cars started to be
sold with...
Forum: Honda December 12th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 347
Posted By [email protected]
Import owners are to blame for the recession

Mike Hunter wrote:
> my engineering degree is in metallurgy and I worked in industry for thirty years.

Then this may interest you, especially if you plan to vacation...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
GM mulls shedding Pontiac to win aid.

wrote:
> www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=247573

Because all Pontiac customers have lost their jobs.
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Free TSB Sources ?

Robert11 wrote:

> Are there any free online sources where one can view a complete TSB ?
>
> Not the one or two line summaries that come up when doing a Google search,
> but the complete one a...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
where is weak link of quick cv boot

Philip5malin wrote:
> so what makes quick cv boot not work?
> is it the seal?
> the material?
> what is the mechanism of failure?

I've done only 3, one being a screw-together boot that held up for...
Forum: Technology March 9th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Car repair advice needed

QA2008 wrote:

> I purchased a 1995 Chevy Lumina 3 years ago. I paid
> $2500 for it. Since then, I have put about $3000 into
> it for various repairs. In January, it would not start. I had
> it...
Forum: Technology February 10th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Non-flammable, gasoline-like fluid for injector testing?

AndersG wrote:
> I am building an injector test rig for a friend and I wonder what you
> can use instead of gasoline for testing. Ideally something with
> similar viscosity etc, but not as flammable...
Forum: Technology August 22nd 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Check engine light

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

> I get no codes because this is an OBD1 and
> nobody seems to sell scanners except for OBD2.
>
> Advice? How can I get a reading?

You may not need a scanner since many...
Forum: Technology August 20th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
where to find crimp tool?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> I'm looking for a crimp tool that will do factory-style crimps on the
> little electrical connectors used on European cars, the ones with two
> tabs that fold over and crimp over...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 85