Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BobG
Forum: Technology October 31st 11, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By BobG
2005 Escalade suspension controller?

Here's quiz for you J1850 VPW gurus... I see these messages repeating
on a 2005 escalade. Can anyone decode any of these numbers?
08 FF 98 03 CB
28 FF 40 06 07 0B 0B 83
88 25 29 07 00 97
08 FF A0 03...
Forum: Technology October 20th 11, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By BobG
2005 Escalade suspension controller?

Any way to read the suspension controller from the obd connector?
(there are 4 pins: 2, 4&5, and 16) I think its J1850 VPW 10400bps. I
can see activity on pin 2 with the scope, Which scanner/reader...
Forum: Driving March 15th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Replies: 33
Posted By BobG
Business Week: Air-Powered Green Car in U.S. in 2010

I don't think they even have a working prototype that meets the
production spec... they say the production version will have these
5000psi carbom fiber tanks, and get all this wonderful range......
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Replies: 33
Posted By BobG
Business Week: Air-Powered Green Car in U.S. in 2010

On Mar 8, 9:05�pm, EconomicDemocracy Coop >
wrote:
> Zero Pollution
> compressed-air motor, which runs to 35 mph entirely on air, or uses a
> trickle of petrol to heat and...
Forum: Technology August 14th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By BobG
Engine Sounds by type

Do all V twin motorcycle engines go 'potato-potato-potato'?
Maybe the 'envelope' of the 'bangs per sec' is similar for each type?
Forum: Technology August 10th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By BobG
Electric car voltage

The EV1 motor and controller was designed by AC Propulsion... same
outfit that does the Tesla motor and controller.. An AC motor running
on 3 phase AC at 208V line to line needs about 360VDC of...
Forum: Technology August 10th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By BobG
Turbo boost/vacuum gauge units

I see most boost/vacuum gauges have a split dial and show boost in psi
and vacuum in Inches Hg. I suppose this is just the usual units for
each measurement, but why not have both readings in PSI or...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By BobG
MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis? Or wasting away eating peanuts!!!

On Jun 30, 6:39?pm, ";\)" > wrote:
> Walk and stay off the highways, you be safe and save a lot of gas. You be
> doing about 15 MPG of...
Forum: Honda June 30th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By BobG
MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.
====================================
There was a campaign in the US to...
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to sci.energy,sci.physics,sci.chem,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 92
Posted By BobG
efficiency of regenerative braking?

G.fried wrote:
> The energy density depends on the voltage levels - the buck boost
> converter is the limiting factor. So please mention the lower and upper
> voltage for this...
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 08:38 PM Posted to sci.energy,sci.physics,sci.chem,rec.autos.tech

Bret Cahill wrote:
> It's irrelevant that the energy required to haul around a massive
> capacitor is more than any savings from the regenerative system?
======================================
The...
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to sci.energy,sci.physics,sci.chem,rec.autos.tech

RichD wrote:
> What is a google?
=============================
A number with 33 zeros?
Forum: Technology December 17th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to sci.energy,sci.physics,sci.chem,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 92
Posted By BobG
efficiency of regenerative braking?

> RichD wrote:
> > What is the efficiency of regenerative braking in electric
> > vehicles? How much kinetic energy is recovered?
Lets say you have a 20...
Forum: Technology November 21st 06, 10:09 PM Posted to sci.physics,sci.energy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By BobG
external combustion?

Stirling engine!
Forum: Technology October 18th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By BobG
supercapacitors instead of batteries in electric cars

Will Smith wrote:
> I read the statistics about the 300 F capacitors, and one thing
> bothered me. Please forgive me if I propose a concept that is
> undoable because of my ignorance, but... The...
Forum: Technology October 11th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By BobG
supercapacitors instead of batteries in electric cars

Read about Maxwell Technologies boostcap modules..... they stack up
their 2600 Farad 2.7V caps into 12, 24 and 48V modules.
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.energy.renewable,sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.environment
Replies: 255
Posted By BobG
Compressed Air powered, zero emission cars - for $6.5K each

Joe Fischer wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2006 "BobG" > wrote:
>
> >Isn't the rolling friction about .01mg?
>
> You lost me, is that supposed to be per unit of weight
> or something...
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.energy.renewable,sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.environment
Replies: 255
Posted By BobG
Compressed Air powered, zero emission cars - for $6.5K each

Isn't the rolling friction about .01mg? This seems about right, bacause
this works out to about 100lb to push my 4 cyl 5 speed in the driveway.
Wind drag is 1/2 rho x V^2 x Cd x S, and this number...
Forum: Technology October 4th 06, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.energy.renewable,sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.environment
Replies: 255
Posted By BobG
Compressed Air powered, zero emission cars - for $6.5K each

This site has a table of energy density by weight and volume and
compressed air is worse than batteries. (Hint... most air compressors
I've seen are big noisy 220V several HP contraptions and they...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,alt.energy.automobile,rec.autos.tech,sci.environment,sci.chem
Replies: 171
Posted By BobG
E85 vs Gasoline - credible numbers?

Sponsored by OILY INC. Exxon-Koch wrote:
> Hydrogen Electrolysis from solar PV
>
> 26,282 kilograms per year per acre of scrubland in
> sunny southwest USA sunbelt...
Forum: Technology September 7th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,alt.energy.automobile,rec.autos.tech,sci.environment,sci.chem

Joe Fischer wrote:
> If I were to build
> a dragster, I would want to use pure oxygen instead
> of air, allowing the use of more than three times as
> much fuel, but the engine would probably need
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21