Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TE Cheah[_2_]
Forum: Honda June 3rd 21, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
F20A 's resistors*' location ( below bonnet, too hot ) is very wrong.

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 8:01:37 AM UTC-8, TE Cheah wrote:
> * own heat when input voltage is 13.5 v is already 13.5²/ 9.2 ( 7 + 2.2 ohm ) = 19.8 watt ( assuming 4 injectors in total receive...
Forum: Honda January 26th 21, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
F20A 's resistors*' location ( below bonnet, too hot ) is very wrong.

* own heat when input voltage is 13.5 v is already 13.5²/ 9.2 ( 7 + 2.2 ohm ) = 19.8 watt ( assuming 4 injectors in total receive current all the time ), hit by hot air from 2 radiators, so * are...
Forum: Honda May 10th 20, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
F20A 's service schedule should incl checking throttle*sensor 's wear

I have removed * altogether, after I connected a 380 ( any value between 375 & 410 can do ) ohm resistor to these 2 wires, so ECU always detects just 380 ohm i.e. ECU presumes throttle is closed, so...
Forum: Honda December 17th 19, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
F20A 's service schedule should incl checking throttle*sensor 's wear

every 60,000 km ; *'s resistance betw the 2 pins connected to yellow+white & red+black wires ( on *'s plug ) ↑ with wear ( as the electrical contact areas ↓, the ampere flowing through ↓, so...
Forum: Honda December 23rd 17, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
SM4's ecu ( made by NEC ) can't let engine idle stably, unless ecu isreset successfully

My F20a ( 126,000 km, overhauled til it can start very well even when cold in 28°C air ) kept stalling when idle. Owner's manual has no mention of any need to reset ecu, only a pdf file ( repair...
Forum: Honda August 2nd 14, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
1992 Accord idle problem

> idles at 1000-1100 rpm
If an engine can't idle @ <1000, then something is wrong.
My F20A, after ~15 flaws were corrected, can idle stably @ 550 rpm ( gear in neutral ) ; torque @ 550 - 1500 is 2x...
Forum: Honda June 20th 14, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
96 civic auto trans problem

> lead me in the right direction
Honda gearbox ATF lacks a filter ( as per Larry Carley's article in www.aa1car.com ), user can fit a filter between ATF cooling ( return ) pipe & radiator. Since '05...
Forum: Honda June 5th 14, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
Volkswagen Looking To Overtake Honda In The United States

My brother has a 2012 golf TSI, [i] 1 must step on brake pedal to change gear fr neutral to drive, i.e. VW disallows coasting, so drivers who coast better avoid VW
[ii] -ve camber wears tyre...
Forum: Honda December 6th 12, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
SM4 radiator fan motor's control module ( electronic ) is locatedwhere ?

> the switch is in the bottom tank of the radiator.
This Toyo radiator has no thermostat, in 10-12 I removed & cleaned whole radiator & got 2 leaks patched ( by solder ).
I think this control module...
Forum: Honda November 30th 12, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
SM4 radiator fan motor's control module ( electronic ) is locatedwhere ?

Does any1 here know where this controller ( which activates a relay ) is ?
My '90 accord's controller is supposed to activate only when coolant is 90 degree C hot ( per specification ), but activates...
Forum: Honda July 26th 12, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By TE Cheah[_2_]
Reduced MPG on 2000 Accord EX V6

> Can anyone suggest anything else I should look at when trying to debug this reduced milage issue?

Chk brake pads' binding of discs : if calipers & brake pads' seats & pads' contact area with seats...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11