Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 2.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve W.[_5_]
Forum: Technology December 7th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
2002 Blazer 4WD not working

man of machines wrote:
> the service info i have shows a trailblazer/envoy in 02 and blazer in 01 last year is
> this not correct

Nope, The S/T Blazers were built until 05.

The Trailblazer was...
Forum: Technology December 7th 08, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Computing Average Miles Per Gallon: How ?

Robert11 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> New Buick LaCrosse has an Average Miles Per Gallon number that they somehow
> comput and display on the dash.
>
> Just curious how they do it.
>
> From my engineering...
Forum: Technology December 7th 08, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
2002 Blazer 4WD not working

man of machines wrote:
> according to what i read on mitchell ondemand it is electronic
>

> "Steve W." wrote:
>
>> man of machines wrote:
>>> 2002 should be electronic
>>>
>> The transfer case...
Forum: Technology December 6th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Spark plugs indicate lean mix on carbureted V6

Jack wrote:

> I have a brand new out of the box (not rebuilt) Holley 2280 replacement
> carburetor bolted onto a 1987 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 engine. The original
> was a Holley 6280, which is the...
Forum: Technology December 5th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Infiniti I30, rear bearing noise!

wrote:
> E. Meyer > wrote:
>
>> Bottom line. Don't limit yourself to what you think it has to be on this
>> car. You might have better luck if you get a...
Forum: Technology December 5th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Battery overcharging (Ford Focus)

HLS wrote:

> "hubcit" > wrote in message
>> 15 volts sounds about right. i think the voltage...
Forum: Technology November 19th 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Charging antique electric vehicles

Don Stauffer wrote:
> Any antique car enthusiasts here familiar with antique EVs?
>
> How did they charge them. Did the cars have onboard chargers?
>
> Did the batteries have to be removed for...
Forum: Technology November 19th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Looking for stand alone OBD2 software with bidirectional capability

A wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been looking for a software package that will allow
> bidirectional inputs so I can test solenoids, maniulate the EGR, IAT,
> etc. I've looked at Autoenginuity and...
Forum: Technology November 16th 08, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
WHAT HONDA PUMP IS THIS?

justme wrote:
> W.V.O. > 90 P.S.I., > 1 G.P.M.

Virtually any GM small block style pump. Remove the bypass and use an
external regulator. Keep in mind that those pumps take about 3-5 HP to
run....
Forum: Technology November 13th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

wrote:
> I remember many years ago when heaters and radios in cars and trucks
> were optional equipment.
> cuhulin

Yep, For years many of the items that folks think of as...
Forum: Technology November 13th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

Mike Romain wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>> Mike Romain wrote:

Forum: Technology November 13th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

Mike Romain wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>> Mike Romain wrote:

Forum: Technology November 13th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

Mike Romain wrote:
> ChrisCoaster wrote:
>
>> If you all had read my original comment on my particular Chevelle - it
>> HAD NO DEFROST - as in: THE ORIGINAL OWNER DID NOT ORDER IT
>> AS...
Forum: Technology November 12th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Chevy/GM Truck Fuel Sending Units

wrote:
> On Nov 11, 9:15 pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
>
>> Your 75 has one fuel line and one return line.
>>
>> --
>> Steve W.
>> Near Cooperstown, New York

Forum: Technology November 12th 08, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Saturn sunroof motor...limit switches?

Tegger wrote:
> "Steve W." > wrote in :
>
>> HLS wrote:
Forum: Technology November 12th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Can anyone explain the purpose of the multiple outlets on Chevy/GM
> fuel sending units?
>
> My 1975 3/4 ton has dual tanks with 2-outlet sending...
Forum: Technology November 12th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

HLS wrote:

> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message news:gfd6bm$pb9
>> Damned if I know, but I'd guess it was probably still current
>> sensing. If
>> you are curious, you can pull...
Forum: Technology November 11th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Jstein wrote:
> The sunroof in my girlfriends 2001 Saturn SC2 broke back in Aug and I
> was the unlucky recipient of receiving the task of fixing it. I did a
> little research and discovered that...
Forum: Technology November 9th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

ChrisCoaster wrote:
> On Nov 8, 10:08 pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
>> You do know that NO vehicle is actually sealed right? On your Chevelle
>> that grill in front of the windshield feeds...
Forum: Technology November 9th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Fogging windows

ChrisCoaster wrote:
> On Nov 8, 3:54 pm, wrote:
>> There was a lot of moisture (not frost) on the inside of my 1983 Dodge
>> van windshield and the drivers side window and front...
Forum: Technology November 7th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
front suspension

rondoc wrote:
> I am looking a for the front suspension components for a new 3 wheeler
> design. I need a front end that DOES NOT use Macpherson struts. Can
> anyone tell me which cars meet this...
Forum: Technology November 3rd 08, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
How Much Does the Bed Weigh on a 1975 LWB Chevy Fleetside

wrote:
> Or, how many normal size guys does it take to move one around. I'm
> bigger than average, but my neighbors aren't ;-)
>
> I'm thinking about making a jig so I can use...
Forum: Technology October 31st 08, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
Timing belt, 1989 Subaru 1.8L Again! WTF am I DOING?!?!?

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote:
> OK, went to remove the covers today. Got the right hand belt cover off OK,
> of course the bolt hidden up under the radiator hose on the left cover
> gave me a hard...
Forum: Technology October 29th 08, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
TPMS tools?

bill wrote:
> wrote in news:ff92ea93-348d-4c52-8865-
> :
>
>> what kind of car?
>
> at this time an 08 camry....08 hyundai sonatas...
Forum: Technology October 29th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve W.[_5_]
2002 Blazer 4WD not working

Jstein wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently acquired a 2002 Blazer. I tried the 4WD and it is not
> working. When I push the 4 HI / 4LO buttons I can hear a "click" but
> it doesn't feel like...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30