Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.92 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W Moore
Forum: Corvette June 17th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 10
Posted By W Moore
news groups vanishing

It seems that ATT is no longer going to have access to these news/help
groups after 7/15. What news/help groups do you folks use that you could
recommend after they shut this down ? Where will we...
Forum: Corvette June 16th 09, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By W Moore
Help broken hood cable ?

I had to fashion a rig to get my hood open several years ago when the cable
snapped that connects the hood latches. I can't find it now but it was a
thick piece of insulated cable, like the kind...
Forum: Corvette April 13th 09, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By W Moore
Brake Metering Valve

Hi all,
'75 Vette. There is a metering valve below the brake master cylinder that
meters brake fluid to the different wheels and has an electrical contact for
the brake light. On the side of this...
Forum: Corvette January 15th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By W Moore
Transmission Fluid

I always use what the manufacturer recommends in my vehicles. Rule of thumb
is to replenish with what is indicated on the transmission dipstick. A
little off topic however not with my 75 Vette,...
Forum: Corvette January 14th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By W Moore
Transmission Fluid

Hi all,
There are different tranny fluids recommended by different manufacturers.
How critical is it to have the particular fluid in that brand of vehicle,
and what would the consequences be if a...
Forum: Corvette July 21st 08, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By W Moore
Car care products

Hi all,
I don't remember where I read this but it was about Armorall being bad for
dash/tires/etc. because it makes stuff crack. Yesterday at a cruise-in I
asked several owners of classic cars and...
Forum: Corvette May 30th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By W Moore
C5 that looks like 1953 Vette

Sorry about your friends that didn't want to look at cars at the car show. I learned my lesson about asking friends along a couple years ago. I thought an old buddy would like to go to a classic...
Forum: Corvette February 15th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By W Moore
Hood Alignment '75

Will I be loosening the hood-to-hinge bolts or the hinge-to-body bolts to do
the adjustment ?
I probably will need to mark the position of these so I know just how much I
am moving them and not too...
Forum: Corvette February 15th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By W Moore
Hood Alignment '75

Hi all,
Just had a new radiator, shroud, and foam strips installed in my '75 model.
When I got home from the shop I noticed that the hood is rubbing the body on
the driver's side while there is...
Forum: Corvette December 29th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By W Moore
new parts for '75

Hi all,
Need some new parts for the '75 that include a radiator, support
corner-cushions, throttle cable, and maybe even the foam seals that direct
the air into the fan shroud. Eckler's seems to...
Forum: Corvette December 1st 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By W Moore
Locked out

Thanks to all for the ideas. I have decided to take the car to my Vette guy
who can either fix it or call in a locksmith. He is the guy I bought the
car from in '77 who was a Chevy mechanic that...
Forum: Corvette November 25th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By W Moore
Locked out

I've tried both. It seems the outer and inner door handles work
independently of each other, and the inner lock-knob and outer key-trip for
the lock are attached to the locking arm at different...
Forum: Corvette November 24th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By W Moore
Locked out

'75 model. Yesterday I locked the driver's door like always by turning the
knob inside and closing the door. Later in the day I wanted to open the
driver's door again and the key wouldn't release...
Forum: Corvette July 17th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By W Moore
Broken Bolt

Hi all,
'75 model. When trying to adjust the angle of the driver's seat back by
backing out on the adjuster bolt that is threaded into the bottom seat frame
it broke off in the weldnut. Rusted...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14