Showing results 1 to 25 of 324
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Shuman
Forum: Chrysler July 5th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Shuman
PT Cruiser Overheating Question

From what you describe (overheating when at idle in traffic, cool at
Interstate speed), I'd suspect the fan is not coming on when it should.
Could be the fan, the relay, the coolant temp sensor...
Forum: Chrysler July 2nd 09, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 29
Posted By Bob Shuman
300M timing belt replacement

No. The 3.3 and 3.8L uses a simple serpentine belt driven water pump. (And
I agree that the water pump and belts are much more easily changed compared
to the 3.2 and 3.5L engines.

Bob

"Bill...
Forum: Chrysler June 12th 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Shuman
Under carriage rattle driving me crazy

More information please?
Where exactly is "underneath"? Is it only when you strike a bump or all the
time? Only when the vehicle is moving or also when sitting at a stop?

Without any additional...
Forum: Chrysler June 9th 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Shuman
91 GC 3.3L Belt Tensioner

As a thought, based on your description, If you need to extend your standard
length wrench, then you may be able to use a set of vice grips to clamp on
a combination wrench box end and use the...
Forum: Saturn June 6th 09, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Shuman
sluggish when shifting

The service engine light goes on when the On Board computer diagnostics
detect an (emissions system control) error condition. It then stores the
error code which can be read by an OBD II compliant...
Forum: Chrysler June 1st 09, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Shuman
91 GC 3.3L Belt Tensioner

I did it along with a water pump on a 1990 3.3L which is basically the same
van. You need to remove the passenger front wheel and the inner plastic
fender splash guard if you have not done so...
Forum: Saturn April 29th 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Shuman
1995 Saturn SL1 hesitation, lurching

Great! Glad to hear that you could keep that 14 year old vehicle running
.... As I recall, yours is pretty low mileage so as long as you don't live
in the rust belt, you should be able to keep it...
Forum: Chrysler April 28th 09, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob Shuman
'96 LHS cats

Mike,

If it does, make sure it isn't just the O2 sensor... A much simpler and
cheaper fix.

Bob

"Mike Easter" > wrote in message
Forum: Saturn April 21st 09, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Shuman
1995 Saturn SL1 hesitation, lurching

Clean up the throttle body while you are doing the other work. A dirty TB
usually results in an erratic or misfire during idle, but not during
acceleration.

Bob
..
"Roger Ehrlich"...
Forum: Saturn April 20th 09, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Shuman
1995 Saturn SL1 hesitation, lurching

NO failure on the emissions could also indict the EGR valve which are known
to fail at about 100K miles. You also do not say when the plugs and wires
were last changed. These are easy to do and...
Forum: Saturn April 7th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Shuman
Saturn 2002 SL1 Gas tank capacity?

I think it is 12 gallons, but my memory isn't what it used to be so
hopefully others who know for sure will chime in.

Bob

"lbbss" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler March 30th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Shuman
Chrysler dealer offering GM Goodwrench service!!

Yes, agreed that Holland is a nice Western Michigan "harbor country" town
.... Michigan sand beaches with their dunes are pretty incredible. We were
there many times over a four year period since...
Forum: Chrysler March 20th 09, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Shuman
Fiat Denies ChryCo Debt Assumption

Mopar Man,

It looks like you have identified Chrysler's problem! :)

2007 Chrysler LLC revenues were $49B. 2009 revenues must be down 30+% (I am
being conservative). Fiat's revenues were $8.1B...
Forum: Saturn March 18th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Shuman
Service/Mechanic Recommendation in San Francisco?

Your 1998 Saturn would be about 7+ years out of warranty. If it were me, I
would be looking for an independent service garage that has a good deal of
familiarity with Saturns (and not another...
Forum: Chrysler March 12th 09, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Shuman
Parts Prices. Dealer vs Online

Simon,

If the local dealer would sell parts at more reasonable prices or
alternatively, offer me a loyalty discount, then I would most likely buy
from them since I would also gain the advantage of...
Forum: Chrysler March 11th 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Shuman
Parts Prices. Dealer vs Online

Simon,

The local dealer has the opportunity to give me a discount, but chooses not
to do so ... I therefore only use them when I have no other choice. If they
are losing business, then it is by...
Forum: Chrysler March 10th 09, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Shuman
Parts Prices. Dealer vs Online

Simon,

You raise some excellent points, but I thought we were talking about genuine
Chrysler dealers who are selling the exact same genuine Mopar parts. My
experience using several different...
Forum: Chrysler March 6th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Shuman
94 Plymouth Voyager transmission

Sounds like the transmission may be going into "limp home" mode. Your
description of it "jerking into third gear" could well be when it actually
reverts to second gear in the limp home mode (not...
Forum: Chrysler February 23rd 09, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 52
Posted By Bob Shuman
How many Americans knew that Obama was in Canada yesterday?

I believe that prior to 9/11/2001, US/Canada border crossings required
passing through designated customs checkpoints. Prior to rules for 9/11,
passenger vehicles did not receive a whole lot of...
Forum: Chrysler February 21st 09, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By Bob Shuman
Speaking of Obama's Canadian visit...................

NAFTA

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
> .....Why did the news media in the states refer to it as...
Forum: Chrysler February 18th 09, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Shuman
GM, Chrysler May Get Bankruptcy to Protect U.S. Loans (Update1)

I believe it is the third time in not all that many years that Trump
Entertainment has filed for bankruptcy protection. Kind of makes you wonder
why and vendors would do business with them at all....
Forum: Saturn February 2nd 09, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Shuman
2003 Saturn L-200 Climate Control Problem

Perhaps it was the compressor that froze up and not just the clutch
assembly. In that case the full evacuation procedure would be needed and
the dryer replaced too. Otherwise, I agree with you...
Forum: Saturn January 19th 09, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Shuman
96 S1 slow return to idle problem

I would suspect a bad coolant temperature sensor (CTS). This is a $10 part
and 5 minutes effort to change it.

Bob

"Private" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn January 19th 09, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Shuman
Recommended Tune ups for 03 ION?

Don't forget to check tire pressure frequently, perform regular engine oil
changes, and check the brakes occasionally too!

Bob

"marx404" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler January 8th 09, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Shuman
Service schedule for 100,000+ miles

Doing a water pump on the 3.3 or 3.8L is very simple, but I never removed
the belt pulley. I simply removed the entire belt by simply de-tensioning
the belt tensioner (15mm bolt head as I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 324