Showing results 1 to 25 of 318
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred W
Forum: BMW November 6th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Fred W
tank venting hole

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "frischmoutt" > wrote in message
>

>> Thank you so muck for these details.
>>
>> From the...
Forum: BMW October 31st 07, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred W
Tyre change

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> "Fred W" > wrote
>
>>Floyd Rogers wrote:
>

>>>I don't believe that any car-based GPS units use the WAAS,
>>>which would give 3-meter...
Forum: BMW October 31st 07, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Fred W
Heater fan issue - 2002 325i

pete wrote:

> I have that button on my motor and I had it on the two previous BMW's
> I have owned and do ya know what? I have never used it because I never
> understood what it done:-) I am happier...
Forum: BMW October 31st 07, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred W
Tyre change

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote
>
>>"Dean Dark" > wrote
>>
>>>On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:51:48 GMT, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:

>>GPS...
Forum: BMW October 31st 07, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred W
Tyre change

David Haggas wrote:
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>
>>However, I'm not sure the tires will solve the issue you are trying to...
Forum: BMW October 30th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred W
Tyre change

David Haggas wrote:
> To improve the ride of my 2002 330:
>
> Rear: 8.5X18 rim 255/35R18 changed to 245/40R18 (diameter increase +2.69%)
> Front: 8X18 rim 225/40R18 changed to 225/45R18 on the front...
Forum: BMW October 29th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred W
Which alloy wheels fit an E34 525 TD

Mike G wrote:

> "Jedthedog via CarKB.com" <u27806@uwe> wrote in message
>
>> Hi everyone, I have the standard steel rims with 195/65/15 tyres on my
>> 1994
>> 525...
Forum: BMW October 29th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 33
Posted By Fred W
K&N Panel Air Filter - better performance?

admin wrote:
> Fred W wrote:
>
>> Care to show one documented proof that they filter poorly?
>

> Sure.. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm
>
> And you might want to read the...
Forum: BMW October 23rd 07, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.lexus,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Fred W
NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Dean Dark wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:23:09 -0500, "Copper Emeritus"
> > wrote:
>
> <battery pros and cons>
>
>>If you got five years out of it you are way ahead of the game....
Forum: BMW October 23rd 07, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

admin wrote:
> Karl Winkler wrote:
>
>> On Sep 23, 12:42 pm, "Hurst" > wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering if replacing the stock filter with the above would
>>> noticeably
>>> improve...
Forum: BMW October 23rd 07, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Karl Winkler wrote:
> On Sep 23, 12:42 pm, "Hurst" > wrote:
>
>>Just wondering if replacing the stock filter with the above would noticeably
>>improve performance or sound.
>>
>>Any...
Forum: BMW October 21st 07, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Fred W
How long do BMWs last? Danger of buying used?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> There is something in my handbook about a second gear start. But the only
> may mine does this is if you use the Steptronic. And either select second
> or let the car...
Forum: BMW October 21st 07, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred W
e30 convertible question (a silly one!)

Thomas Wright wrote:
> Al Ritchie wrote:
>
>> The little handle(s) -- I only recall one -- released the rear deck to
>> allow the raising/lowering of the manual roof. I sold my E30 manual
Forum: BMW October 17th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By Fred W
E46 w/ or w/o sports suspension

kpb wrote:
> Is it worth buing an E46 w/o sports package, or is it clearly inferior
> to one with sports package?
>
> Without the sports package, is it just another car?
>
> I wonder if the 1...
Forum: BMW October 17th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred W
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Please quit the constant spamming.

You are not going to get people to read your stupid web site.

Now go away unless you have something to contribute regarding BMWs.

--
-Fred W
Forum: BMW October 12th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Robert wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> In article <EiAPi.14638$gC2.2183@trndny09>, RS > wrote:
>>
>>> I switched the 5 and the 3 on my 325xi.trunk badging, and now I have
>>> a faster...
Forum: BMW October 11th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred W
Rain Sensor

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Anyroadup > wrote:
>
>>>The drivers h/book might have expressed it...
Forum: BMW October 11th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred W
E46 330ci squealing clutch

stuart wrote:
> For some time now the clutch on my 2005 330ci has given
> a squeal when i start it from cold. That is if I start it
> up in the morning the engine fires and at the same time or
> just...
Forum: BMW October 11th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred W
ECU Chips. Do they work?

pest wrote:
> Hi.
> Anyone know, or have had experience with one of these so called
> 'superchips'?
> Claims of 13bhp increase and fatter torque curve?
>
> Have an E39, 528 and am wondering if its...
Forum: BMW October 11th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred W
Ceramic brake pads

Ali wrote:

> "Fred W" > wrote in message
>
>> Ali wrote:
>>
>>> Any new pads will need bedding in. However, ceramic...
Forum: BMW October 8th 07, 12:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred W
timing chains supplier

wrote:
> Dear Purchasing/import dept Manager,
> We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of auto
> chains with 10 years experience in China.
>
> Our main products...
Forum: BMW October 8th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred W
Ceramic brake pads

Jules wrote:
> "Fred W" > wrote in message
>
>>Ali wrote:
>>
>>>Any new pads will need bedding in. However, ceramic pads...
Forum: BMW October 7th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred W
Ceramic brake pads

Ali wrote:
> Any new pads will need bedding in. However, ceramic pads are an
> overkill for your vehicle because they usually need heat before they
> start working to their full potential.

I...
Forum: BMW October 4th 07, 12:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17
Posted By Fred W
Tyre diameter

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> This too, is correct. The 225/80 is not an available size, or at least
> not a size that would be found on a BMW, but assuming it was a valid
> size, the tread width...
Forum: BMW October 4th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17
Posted By Fred W
Tyre diameter