Showing results 1 to 25 of 141
Search took 3.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Oppie[_6_]
Forum: Saturn May 14th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Garage Door???

What metal? Galvanized Steel or Aluminum? Painted or powder coated/baked
finish?
(Three questions for your three question marks)

> wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn May 8th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Saturn Beer (WAS: Who knew that MPG was in there somewhere? :) )

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message
> Hang_Traitor_Democrats turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:
>
>> To make sure we stay...
Forum: Saturn May 6th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Seriously, go use a brand name fuel system cleaner.
I also try to put an engine flush in the oil before an oil change. I used to
use a '5 minute motor flush' but haven't seen that on the shelves for...
Forum: Saturn May 6th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Who knew that MPG was in there somewhere? :)

"Hang_Traitor_Democrats" >
wrote in message ...
> My suggestion. I have daughters who both have a heavy foot....
Forum: Saturn May 5th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Fuel Injector Cleaner?

I use a bottle of the STP injector cleaner every few months on my '01 lw300.
At the cost of fuel these days, every mpg gained by having a clean fuel
system is worth the cost of the cleaner.

The...
Forum: Saturn May 2nd 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
LW300 idles rough - EGR?

I pulled into my driveway and shut the car off. Something just didn't feel
right as the engine shut down. It had been driving just fine up to that
point. When the engine was started about 30...
Forum: Saturn April 8th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
92 SL1 alternator out again

"Tim Shoppa" > wrote in message
On Apr 7, 5:40 pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> Sounds like...
Forum: Saturn April 7th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
92 SL1 alternator out again

Sounds like it may have been a diode failure. When a diode shorts an ac
voltage is added to the DC. Battery damps some of this but it is bad for
both the battery and any electronics.
Just out of...
Forum: Saturn April 7th 08, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
2000 LS2 Blower

I was a bit bummed out to have to buy a entire hvac panel when all I needed
was the fan switch - somewhere about $150 as I recall :-( To make matters
worse, the new panel tried to put the A/C on...
Forum: Saturn April 1st 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
2000 LS2 Blower

I had a fault in the blower motor that caused a high current. The fuse did
not blow but the heat caused damage to the fan speed switch and intermittent
operation. Also burned a couple of...
Forum: Saturn April 1st 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
'02 L series

grinding under what conditions? My first guess would be the brakes if the
grinding is on flat ground while moving. (as opposed to suspension noise
going over a bump)
Best to jack up the vehicle and...
Forum: Saturn March 26th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
1998 SL2 idle problems after Starter replacement

The vehicle speed switch is the reason that the rpm's stay high while the
car is still moving. Once the car is stopped, speed sensor is not giving any
output and engine managment shifts to another...
Forum: Saturn March 12th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
99 SL1 Saturn Runs Rough

A good shop manual that gives information on the OBDII codes and of course a
code reader are very helpful to have. Helm publishes the shop manuals - same
ones that the dealer uses except that the...
Forum: Saturn March 12th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Electronic digital odometer hard to read (99 SL2)

You would hope it to be a simple bulb but the dash functions particularly
are more and more, embedded LEDs. For that matter on many cars, I have spent
close to an hour just trying to get access to...
Forum: Saturn March 11th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Electronic digital odometer hard to read (99 SL2)

My '01 lw300 has the electronic odometer and is rather easy to read both day
and night. I think it is a backlit LCD though looks very much like an orange
LED display.

Sounds like something in the...
Forum: Saturn March 3rd 08, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Freezing window washer

You must have good windshield wipers. I would think that the salt would
leave behind a film on the windshield.
I made the mistake of adding brackish hudson river water to my windshield
resevoir....
Forum: Saturn February 28th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
upshift lamp

IIRC it is in the middle of the instrument cluster and just tells you when
to upshift for the lowest emissions. I used to own a car that had this and
usually ignored it anyway.

The owner's manual...
Forum: Saturn February 22nd 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
friction sound appear. NEED HELP!!!

And you are posting a toyota question to a Saturn discussion group, WHY?

> I just bought Toyota corolla seca 1995 auto <snip>
> sorry it is (timing belt not trimming... my fault
>
> cheers
> faraz!
Forum: Saturn February 22nd 08, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
2002 Saturn L300 occasionally hesitates

Flashing MIL light is not good - means the car should not be driven. Typical
causes are misfire which will overheat and damage the catalytic converter.
Have a good scan tool used to read out what...
Forum: Saturn February 22nd 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Freezing window washer - denatured

Last I knew, denatured alcohol is Ethanol with a poison added to render it
undrinkable (otherwise it is taxed as liquor). Methanol is poisonous as-is.
Methanol: C-H3- OH, Ethanol: C2-H5-OH
Forum: Saturn February 14th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
getting very little heat

Have you ever had the cooling system flushed? Sometimes heavy crud settles
to the bottom of the radiator and heater core and impedes flow.
Feel the hoses from / to the heater core while the engine...
Forum: Saturn February 14th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Traction on LW200

Does your car have the traction control? Not sure if that was standard or
option on the lw200.
I have an '01 lw300 so I don't know how similar the two models are but
here's what I find...

Last...
Forum: Saturn February 12th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
Saturn Trouble code PO706 Transmission range sensor...?

One might also infer that since the car is raced - that there might be some
non-stock equipment onboard. Might be significant to note this.

"marx404" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn February 5th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
sync keyless entry remote

I had a similar issue with my remote. I had the luxury of having RF testing
gear to verify signal output but aside from that, the basics...

I cleaned the contact areas where the buttons contact the...
Forum: Saturn February 5th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_6_]
sync keyless entry remote

Check out some of the links for remote keyless entry RKE
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=saturn+97+SC2+RKE

I didn't have time to go past this.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 141