Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Oppie[_8_]
Forum: Saturn December 17th 10, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
labor flat rate hour amounts

"SteveT" > wrote in message
> "Private" > wrote in message
Forum: Saturn December 16th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
Autotap

Got the unit yesterday. A little odd that the engine has to be running to
connect between OBDII and the laptop computer. Haven't tried key in the run
position but engine not turning.

No diagnostic...
Forum: Saturn December 9th 10, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
All the warning lights stayed on.

any update on that?

"Fred" > wrote in message
> It was reported today by the wife that when she went to
> start the Saturn, it started...
Forum: Saturn November 22nd 10, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
who's selling good OEM type Saturn Parts?

Of course you asked for OEM 'type'

I've had some good experience ordering remanufactured parts through
AutoZone.
For new OEM, any GM dealer has access to Saturn parts while they last....
Forum: Saturn November 22nd 10, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
who's selling good OEM type Saturn Parts?

Been a while but other folks had recommended
http://www.6thplanetusedparts.com/

You can also google for
Saturn "recycled parts"

"Anonymouse" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn October 11th 10, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
good news - SW1 fuel pump running

"Private" > wrote in message

> I agree with your comment regarding ground connections. My policy has
> been to always clean (and...
Forum: Saturn June 30th 10, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
LW300 rear suspension

Bushings are starting to go in the rear trailing arms. Ordered new trailing
arms at $350 each (ouch!) as the bushings are about $90 each by themselves,
made more sense to get the trailing arms....
Forum: Saturn June 24th 10, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
My Saturn's Radio has A.D.D.

If the vehicle is still under warranty, have GM fix it. If not, probably
best to get an aftermarket radio installed by an independent car audio shop.
HD radios are coming down in price and you will...
Forum: Saturn June 7th 10, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
07 Vue (V6) Ignition Switch Problem

> wrote in message
> On Jun 6, 3:24 pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
>> > wrote in...
Forum: Saturn April 8th 10, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
CPS, was Idle control Valve

"danielr" > wrote in message
> Car Fixed:
> Before categorically blaming the PCM, this mechanic checked...
Forum: Saturn March 19th 10, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
2001 Saturn L300 Fuel Pump Removal

Are you sure that the fuel pump is gone? have you verified the electrical
connections? iirc there is a dangle connector for fuel pump, vacuum sensor
and fuel gauge on forward side toward driver's...
Forum: Saturn March 17th 10, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
compression test

> Thanks for the words of encouragement.
> I intend to keep the car as long as I possibly can although it got
> really close to getting junked a couple of months ago.
> One of the timing chain...
Forum: Saturn March 11th 10, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
Idle control Valve?

"dondjn" > wrote in message
> On Mar 9, 12:47 pm, danielr > wrote:
>> Before I start...
Forum: Saturn March 10th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
Idle control Valve?

When did you replace the fuel filter last?
Did you use any 'drygas' to remove water in the fuel system? Water will plug
the fuel filter.
Do you get fuel pressure at key on?
Do you get fuel delivery...
Forum: Saturn February 8th 10, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
compression test

"danielr" > wrote in message
> On Feb 8, 3:46 am, "Private" > wrote:
>> > "danielr"...
Forum: Saturn February 5th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
1996 SL2 and Brown Sediment in Coolant

"Father Mike" > wrote in message
> Yes, other people I've asked and whose knowledge I respect, are of the
> same
> opinion....
Forum: Saturn January 22nd 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
Oil changes

I regularly check my oil level. (after all, most saturn's consume some oil)
Don't just look at the level of the oil on the dipstick, look at the color
too (and smell). When it is getting dark, it's...
Forum: Saturn January 20th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
2001 L300 Bad O2 Sensor?

Thanks for the recommendation. I was going to look up autotap again today
and found that their website was down. Will try again later.
I'm an industrial customer of B&B Electronics, parent company...
Forum: Saturn January 20th 10, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
1996 SL INTERMITANT NO START PROBLEM- NEED HELP

Don't know it it applies to you, but it's been above freezing here in metro
NY. Any water that might have gotten into the starter is no longer binding
things up.

afik, the neutral safety switch...
Forum: Saturn January 15th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"Buzz" > wrote in message
> My '96 SL with about 190K on the clock has been running like a champ.
> About a week ago, I stopped at a...
Forum: Saturn January 15th 10, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
1998 SL2 hesitates when stepping on gas pedal

"somebody" > wrote in message
> We have a 1998 SL2 with 105K miles. Recently it started hesitating
> when stepping on the...
Forum: Saturn January 12th 10, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
2001 L300 Bad O2 Sensor?

iirc- that is the front upstream O2 sensor and it is telling you that the
heater circuit is not regulating. Most common problem is the heater circuit
opened up inside the sensor. Just for gits and...
Forum: Saturn December 23rd 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
1996 SL ENGINE RACING PROBLEM

"Buzz" > wrote in message

>>Why the hell did you do that???
>>

> I have always changed my own oil on this SL since it was...
Forum: Saturn December 22nd 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
1996 SL ENGINE RACING PROBLEM

Let's go with the EGR valve possibly sticking open. Any gross vacuum leak,
including excess EGR flow, will cause the RPMs to kick up.

The fact that you had a loose battery cable probably lost some...
Forum: Saturn December 8th 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Oppie[_8_]
Airbag Light

afik, the airbag circuit tests the electrical continuity of the squibs and
available firing voltage at key on. A squib is similar in concept to an
electrical blasting cap. When sufficient current...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55