Showing results 1 to 25 of 296
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 223rem[_2_]
Forum: Driving June 1st 09, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Dealing with a possible drunk driver...

On May 31, 9:11*pm, necromancer - ECHM <55_sux@worldofnecromancer_NO-
SPAM_NO-WAY.com> wrote:

> >No point to it, indeed. Why would it matter if he killed someone later
> >that day.
>
> Because I...
Forum: Driving June 1st 09, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Dealing with a possible drunk driver...

On May 31, 6:37*pm, necromancer - ECHM
> wrote:

> So, I'm guessing this guy is drunk. No, I didn't call *HP or anyone
> else. There is no point to...
Forum: Driving May 31st 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
CHP crackdown along I-80 between Sacramento and Reno. Good!

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12477874?source=rss

A Folks, if you are going to Reno, you have been warned. The Highway
Patrol is cracking down big-time in an effort to reduce speeding and
crashes on...
Forum: Driving May 28th 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
So I took the John Russel high performance driving course

On May 27, 10:26*pm, SeaWoe > wrote:

> Google Sears Point.

Indeed. Sears Point = Infineon. According to Wikipedia, on the fastest
lap ever at Sears Point the average speed...
Forum: Driving May 28th 09, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
So I took the John Russel high performance driving course

> It used to be Jim Russell.

It still is. My mistake.

> Sears Point is close to the best circuit in the US for spectators and
> almost the best for drivers.

Sears Point and Infineon are the same?...
Forum: Driving May 27th 09, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
So I took the John Russel high performance driving course

At the Infineon Raceway. It was fun, but I was struck by how
mechanical and repetitive the track can be. Aim for that cone, brake
at than cone, be tangent to the apex there, etc, etc. Lap after...
Forum: Driving April 28th 09, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Drive from Santa Barbera, to Las Vegas, then Grand Canyon

On Apr 27, 1:03*am, "Sgt.Bungers" > wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'll be visiting the USA from June to September. *I'll be in NY/NJ/PA
> for the majority of that time, but for the last...
Forum: Driving April 28th 09, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Why you shouldnt tailgate when driving a brand new AMG

I was in the carpool lane of a busy surface street ("expressway", with
SL 50 mph) in rush hour traffic. Behind me there was a shiny black
Mercedes AMG with dealer plates. He was following so closely...
Forum: Driving April 23rd 09, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 12
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
fuel economy and hills?

Strange. You sure the car computer calculates the trip MPG accurately?
Forum: Driving April 18th 09, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 19
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Can a fuel injected engine get flooded?

On Apr 17, 11:19*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> I know carburated cars can but i though FI cars didn't.

Lots of people in New Orleans thought so too....
Forum: Driving April 18th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 17
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
America's Scariest Drives....

On Apr 16, 10:49*pm, necromancer - ECHM
> wrote:
> ref:http://tinyurl.com/c5o7ne
>
> The writer's opinion of the scariest drives in the USA.

I've driven...
Forum: Driving April 13th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Performance driving / racing schools in the SF Bay area?

My car has no traction or stability control. It is a bare bones manual
Mazda 3.
Forum: Driving April 13th 09, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Apr 12, 3:16*pm, wrote:
> As others have noted, Bondurant (once at Sears Point) moved to
> somewhere around Phoenix some years ago.
>
> Skip Barber does road show training all...
Forum: Driving April 12th 09, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Most boring freeway route

On Apr 11, 5:58*pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
> > Has to be LA-->Sacramento on I5. Looong straight stretches with morons
> > racing up in the right lane to get in front...
Forum: Driving April 11th 09, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Most boring freeway route

Has to be LA-->Sacramento on I5. Looong straight stretches with morons
racing up in the right lane to get in front of lines formed behind
passing semis. Lots of extreme tailgating and jockeying for...
Forum: Driving April 10th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Performance driving / racing schools in the SF Bay area?

The nearest I could find are near LA :(

A related question: if I take the Bondurant class on RWD cars, will
the skills be transferable to a FWD car?

Thanks.
Forum: Driving January 17th 09, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Putting into reverse a pain in the ass

On Jan 16, 9:09 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
> > Does anyone else have issues with engaging the reverse? Most times it
> > works fine, other times you it takes...
Forum: Driving January 17th 09, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Putting into reverse a pain in the ass

Does anyone else have issues with engaging the reverse? Most times it
works fine, other times you it takes multiple tries. It just doesnt go
all the way to right. Sometimes the solution is to shift...
Forum: Driving December 26th 08, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
How my LLB uncle learned an important lesson

A couple of weeks ago he was northbound on 101 in a rural area. It was
nighttime, the road was empty and he was in the left lane doing 75 mph
on cruise. He saw a pair of lights fast approaching from...
Forum: Driving November 19th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 164
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Nationalizing the Domestic auto makers?

On Nov 18, 6:15 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:

Forum: Driving November 19th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 164
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Nationalizing the Domestic auto makers?

On Nov 18, 4:24 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:

> I gather Jaguars sell well. And Range Rovers. Try and put an F150 up against either of
> those.

What is the meaning of...
Forum: Driving November 19th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote:

> I wonder what Misubishi could do with a SEVEN litre engine !

Lift its rear wheels in the air?
Forum: Driving November 19th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 164
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Nationalizing the Domestic auto makers?

On Nov 18, 4:12 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
> > Eeyore > wrote:
>
> > > The best car 'GM' makes is a...
Forum: Driving November 18th 08, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 164
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Nationalizing the Domestic auto makers?

On Nov 17, 6:07 pm, Eeyore >