Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dizzy[_2_]
Forum: BMW October 27th 14, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
2015 BMW M3

wrote:

>The M3 is back, and it's quite a bit different from the last BMW to wear the badge, from the bodywork right down to the engine. It's dropped two cylinders and a...
Forum: BMW July 22nd 14, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
When did BMW's get sports mode?

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>Stop it with the music and pay attention to the road! If you have enough
>attention available to listen to music you're probably not driving...
Forum: BMW July 9th 14, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Sorry, Gran Coupe Fans: A BMW M4 Gran Coupe Isn't Going To Happen

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>Oh missed the "M4", still M5 is available.

M3, too.
Forum: BMW July 7th 14, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
2014 kidney grill change

really real > wrote:

>more attractive change.

In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
and different is "more attactive".
Forum: BMW May 29th 14, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
AWD vs RWD -which handles better in good conditions?

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>Not all AWD systems are the same. The design of the center differential
>makes a big difference in performance and some use hydraulic coupling that
>allows...
Forum: BMW May 29th 14, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

really real > wrote:

>I live on a very steep hill, and for those few slushy days, I need AWD.
>I was very happy that BMW started making their xDrive system.
>
>I always assumed...
Forum: BMW February 15th 14, 02:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
PIC: Leaked: The BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe

(cazza13) wrote:

>I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on the 4-series. I have
>every confidence that it will be the best yet. This is one...
Forum: BMW December 27th 13, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Does this "damage" sound reasonable?

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

>The idea is that the bumper actually absorbs the forces of an impact instead
>of transmit those forces into the passenger compartment, where the...
Forum: BMW December 22nd 13, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>The main electronics in the bumper is the park distance control (also
>undamaged in my case, but very vulnerable in an impact), but...
Forum: BMW October 24th 13, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
E46 323i no reverse update

dizzy > wrote:

>I've had no problems since then, but, because of the intermittent
>nature of the problem, it may take a month or two before I'm confidant
>that the problem is...
Forum: BMW October 15th 13, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
E46 323i no reverse update

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
>I actually bought my car because of the No Reverse problem. The seller was
>dumping it because he was told it had to have the transmisison replaced. I...
Forum: BMW October 4th 13, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Where is the E36 door open/closed sensor?

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

> wrote in message
>> On Thursday, December 7, 2000...
Forum: BMW October 1st 13, 11:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
E46 Coils and shocks

"David Haggas" > wrote:

>"dizzy" > wrote:
>> Scott M > wrote:
>>
>>>The E46 Sport suspension is noted as being too bloody hard. I've...
Forum: BMW September 28th 13, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
E46 Coils and shocks

Scott M > wrote:

>The E46 Sport suspension is noted as being too bloody hard. I've got a
>320d SE and that bashes and crashes more than I'd like sometimes so I
>can't begin to...
Forum: BMW August 14th 13, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
99 E39 AC Problem

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>New compressor or rebuilt? Did he install the specified Freon or one of the
>new replacements?

What do you mean? R12 hasn't been used in cars since 1994.
Forum: BMW June 6th 13, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>dizzy > wrote:
>>
>>I'm kind of wondering if this isn't a sign that it's time to get a new
>>vehicle. While there's some appeal of driving...
Forum: BMW June 6th 13, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>"dizzy" > wrote:
>>
>> You mean because the ZF doesn't last that long? I've got 140,000
>> miles.
>
>No exactly the...
Forum: BMW June 4th 13, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>dizzy > wrote:
>>
>>I suppose I'll have to replace it eventually, but the E46 is just
>>perfect for me. I honestly don't like the newer...
Forum: BMW June 2nd 13, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>"dizzy" > wrote:
>>
>> Update: Evidence is pointing to my car having the GM tranny, not the
>> ZF
>
>Well indeed - the fact...
Forum: BMW June 1st 13, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

dizzy > wrote:

>Well, after 12 years of mostly problem-free service, my 2000 323 has
>succumbed to the dreaded "no reverse" problem. Damn it. I was hoping
>to get a few more years...
Forum: BMW June 1st 13, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Argh! Tranny gone bad

Well, after 12 years of mostly problem-free service, my 2000 323 has
succumbed to the dreaded "no reverse" problem. Damn it. I was hoping
to get a few more years out of it.

Now I have to decide if...
Forum: BMW April 17th 13, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
BMW's engine autostop feature

Yousuf Khan > wrote:

>Today, with the snowstorm, I also got the chance to see how the Xdrive
>AWD system works, and compare it to my Subaru.

And?
Forum: BMW March 25th 13, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 262
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures

jim beam > wrote:

>i wish something would stop you. like self-awareness.

Says the idiot who says it overheats "because it's linear", as if
proper design (adequate heat-sinking)...
Forum: BMW February 16th 13, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17
Posted By dizzy[_2_]
2005 M3 unhappy with cold weather

Gordon Shumway > wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>>
>>Do what you want, I just wondered out loud why one would get the engine
>>speed up so high in such a short...
Forum: BMW February 16th 13, 05:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Gordon Shumway > wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
>>It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is stone
>>cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36