Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave AKA vwdoc1
Forum: VW air cooled January 15th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
just to let you all know I'm staying busy

I see a pattern here.

Mario you seem to like being criticized here, and when it quiets down you
want more interaction so you post to get more attention. AND usually the
attention is negative...
Forum: VW air cooled January 14th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
New Heater Channels VW Cabriolet Type 1

http://www.actionimport.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=GRP-CFRAIL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SrIFhnOsUg
there are other videos there...
Forum: VW water cooled January 14th 08, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
driver side half shaft-axle

Usually I place the chisel at the top of the bolt to cut a groove and then angle the chisel on one side in the direction of loosing these bolts off.

"SFC" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled January 13th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
99 Jetta 2.0l Idling Crappy

I vote you take those spark plugs out and install the dealer ones. Sorry but I have seen a few engine running problems due to just the spark plugs.
If your engine has a distributor then your sparks...
Forum: VW water cooled January 13th 08, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
99 Jetta Idling Crappy

BTW you did not mention which engine you have in this Jetta!
I will assume you have a 2.0l but I don't know.

what brand and type of spark plugs are you using?
Engine check light on or can you scan...
Forum: Audi January 12th 08, 02:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 14
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
AUDI HEADACHES

Yep there is some weird stuff that sometimes goes wrong.

I guess when something goes wrong and causes a problem, hopefully a lesson is learned and that problem is not allowed to occur again. ;-)

I...
Forum: Audi January 12th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 14
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
AUDI HEADACHES

Well to defend the OP some seal defects just happen.
I think a new VW EOS, yeah I know that it is not an Audi, but this EOS had water POURING in at the car wash. The techs finally fixed the problem...
Forum: Audi January 12th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Changing the air filter on a 1990 Audi 80 Quattro?

Yeah horse around trying to get the new air filter in correctly can be a little tricky.
"Ed Pirrero" > wrote in message news:6a171428-43f7-4eb1-8859-
snip
And yeah, the...
Forum: Audi January 12th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
A4 Repair manual

Ebay has some new Bentley CDs, and ONLY buy...
Forum: VW water cooled January 11th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Whos left on here whos an ardent VW driver.

vwdoc1.......Present!
Been in them since the early 70's, but I count the Audis as VWs too. Also count early Porsches too!
too many to list! <g>
"none2u" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled January 11th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Went and second looked a rabbit today.

You'll be back!!!!! lol

Yeah what is up with that engine?
Had spare pieces laying around, or fulfillment of some business contract?
"none2u" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi January 11th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Changing the air filter on a 1990 Audi 80 Quattro?

Wow I would like to see a picture of this air filter box.
I have not seen an Audi 80 with the air filter box on the Left side, but I have not seen the 80 Quattros.
I would think it should look like...
Forum: Audi January 11th 08, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 20
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Audi A4 1.8 2002 electrical problems!?

Will the owner's manual instruct you on how to clean the drains, both sunroof and under the battery?

I think that services like that should be done during "servicing" the vehicle. So if it is the...
Forum: VW water cooled January 10th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Ebay rant

He can send you a copy of the delivery confirmation form to "help" you resolve this issue.
It should have your correct address on it along with the USPS stamp.
What is his feedback percentage?

AFAIK...
Forum: VW water cooled January 10th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
oil leak in 1996 VW jetta

The oil cooler seal, if broken, is known for spewing out oil pretty quickly.
Should be visible!

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi January 9th 08, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Changing the air filter on a 1990 Audi 80 Quattro?

Well on some of the Audi with the 5 cylinders it might be a little harder than others with 4 cylinders. ;-)
It "SHOULD" be easy but I have not seen an Audi 80 Quattro, so I don't know. I would...
Forum: Audi January 9th 08, 03:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Changing the air filter on a 1990 Audi 80 Quattro?

It could be worse and the instructions might simply read.......
removal steps
1. "Take out old filter"

2. "Reverse removal steps to install"

some repair manuals are just useless on certain repairs,...
Forum: VW water cooled January 8th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Web site help for Passat B4 headlight removal?

Here is a site describing how to polish up those headlights.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/multi/headlight_polishing.htm

I quickly searched for your answer, and I have changed the...
Forum: Audi January 8th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 20
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Audi A4 1.8 2002 electrical problems!?

any water leaking inside of car?

"Harry" > wrote in message ...
Cheerio, Harry.

> A4 1.8T does not...
Forum: Audi January 7th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 20
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Audi A4 1.8 2002 electrical problems!?

Wild guessing here.........
Does your A4 have a timer for the turbo?
Does the engine stay running for a few minutes to cool down the turbo?
"Harry" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi January 7th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Key programming

Thanks for the update.
I will stop racking my brain searching the internet. lol
How much was the transmitter?

"Stephen" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi January 7th 08, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 20
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Audi A4 1.8 2002 electrical problems!?

It seems like certain electrical systems are still receiving power with the ign in the off position when they shouldn't.
Will it also act like that if you insert key in ign, turn it on but not start...
Forum: VW water cooled January 7th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
will a 1996 2.0 exhaust manifold fit on a 1994 engine thats same size?

http://www.vagcat.com/
if you register then you might be able to compare part numbers.

Or if you have access to an ETKA program like at the VW dealer. ;-)

"mr_hannibal2005"...
Forum: Audi January 5th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Key programming

Well from my very limited experience, I bought two switchblades from the same ebay auction and I only got one of them to work with my 1997 A4 along with an original 1997 remote (non-switchblade).
I...
Forum: Audi January 5th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Posted By dave AKA vwdoc1
Bluetooth charging

you could add another power outlet that is always live!

I would say that it is safe to plug in after the car is started.