Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Loblaw
Forum: Simulators September 10th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Steering Wheel Review

"PlowBoy," > wrote in message
> Tim,
>
> I'm wondering if you cant get (borrow) a g25 to review somehow. I'd
> really like to see how your...
Forum: Simulators September 9th 08, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Just how popular is Forza 2?

"jeffareid" > wrote in message
>I was at a Best Buy today, looking for GTR Evolution (they didn't have it),
> and the sales guy...
Forum: Simulators September 6th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tim Wheatley" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is interested I just posted a 911 Wheel...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29
Posted By Bob Loblaw
[Hardware] Things *not* to do on the day before pay day. (multiple screen

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (Andrew...
Forum: Simulators August 18th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Loblaw
A few questions about iRacing.

"Larry" > wrote in message
> You can practice in any car/track you own. However to join official races
> you must go through the promotion...
Forum: Simulators August 16th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Loblaw
A few questions about iRacing.

I'm really on the fence about joining. I'm more of a careful driver than a
fast driver. My main concern is about car access. Is it possible to drive
the Radical immediately after the Solstice or do...
Forum: Simulators August 14th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 66
Posted By Bob Loblaw
How long will iRacing survive as subscription service?

"rqk" > wrote in message
> Bob Loblaw wrote:
>> When you say buying the Skip Barber car, you mean with real life
>> currency?
>
> Well...
Forum: Simulators August 13th 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"rqk" > wrote in message
>I think the pricing will drive some people away (no matter how many pizzas
>they do without :).
>
> The...
Forum: Simulators June 10th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Loblaw
I have two left...

I would be really interested in the last one.

"Larry" > wrote in message ...
> Done.
>
> One left!
>
> -Larry
Forum: Simulators May 21st 08, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob Loblaw
How to buy Richard Burns Rally?

"Gumby" > wrote in message
> Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=C3=BCrkamp?= > wrote in
Forum: Simulators December 11th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Loblaw
New sim coming out??

> Don, to paraphrase: their intent is to make it available (or maybe just
> attainable) to everyone seriously interested in simracing. Don't bother
> with the FAQ. It's a study in non-answers. Cost...
Forum: Simulators November 8th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Buttkicker gamer: Yay or nay?

I saw the review of the Buttkicker Gamer on Sim Racing Tonight and was
wondering if it's really worth it. Has anybody here used it?
Forum: Simulators September 11th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Race 07 demo is out.

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (Tony R)...
Forum: Simulators September 7th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Race 07 demo is out.

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/11099#

It's also on Gamespot but their download service hurts my brain.
Forum: Simulators August 31st 07, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Loblaw
GPL for rF v1.2 spotted in the wild...

"Mr. Sylvestre" <MrSylvestre@worldcompany> wrote in message
> Look for "F1 Classic 1.2".
>
> This thing is rapidly becoming my favourite OW mod on...
Forum: Simulators August 14th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Loblaw
A software Triplehead.

> wrote in message
> On Aug 11, 3:12 pm, "Bob Loblaw" > wrote:
>> Apparently, there is a software...
Forum: Simulators August 11th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Loblaw
A software Triplehead.

Apparently, there is a software replacement for the Matrox Triplehead2Go. It
requires 2 PCI-E cars but supports widescreen resolutions.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Has anyone here used it?
Forum: Simulators August 10th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Loblaw
The "Bitch" cometh

"Darus" > wrote in message
> Great. Another tool who posts political BS in a sim racing newsgroup.
> Just what we...
Forum: Simulators August 10th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Calabogie Motorsports Park: what a track!

"Bob Simpson" > wrote in message
> On Aug 9, 12:24 pm, "Bob Loblaw" > wrote:
>> Apparently,...
Forum: Simulators August 9th 07, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Calabogie Motorsports Park: what a track!

I went lapping at the new Calabogie Motorsports Park last week end and i
must say it's one of the most technically challenging tracks i ever been to.
Located in Canada near Ottawa, it has 22 turns...
Forum: Simulators August 1st 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Saitek's triple MFD lcd

> Actually, I don't think Byron was responding to me. Though,
> apparently, he would find my sim hardware to be overkill :)
>
> I can speak from personal experience here. I raced karts for five
Forum: Simulators August 1st 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Saitek's triple MFD lcd

> Look, you must surely acknowledge that there's a point where puting too
> much money/effort into simming becomes ridiculous and one should just go
> and do the real thing. The simmed gauges on...
Forum: Simulators July 27th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Saitek's triple MFD lcd

http://gear.ign.com/articles/807/807903p1.html

This looks absolutely cool and i hope it's customizable. Imagine using those
screens for rear view mirrors, RPM and cockpit gages.
Forum: Simulators May 8th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Loblaw
Gran Turismo HD for PS3

>> I never thought I would be wanting to get on a console rather than a PC
>> racing sim but I really am with this.
>>
>> Anyone else got to try it?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony
>
> Yep, I've. This is...
Forum: Simulators April 27th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Loblaw
G25 with consoles?

"P Gagg" > wrote in message
> Hi, As I now have three steering wheel and pedal set-ups for my two pcs!
> (2 BRD
> and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45